How much you wanna bet...

Mr. Taffe is NOT going to be the HC next year. Sounds like he could be the replacement for the Don in Alville.

Anyone know who is on the list of candidates for the TigerCats H,C job? is Dunnigan?

Don’t lose faith and certainly don’t underestimate the new GM.

Heard on CHML the other day that former Bomber OC Mike Kelly might be a candidate.

Hire Danny Barrett after he gets fired from Saskatchewan once they lose on Sunday.

Why do people always want failed coaches from other teams?

I hear you loud and clear, sig. They seem to want either failed coaches from other teams, or someone who has had no previous Head Coach experience.
I think it can be explained by someone’s desire to come up with a thought that would NEVER occur to anyone who actually knows what they’re talking about.
It’s that old “Bring him to Hamilton” syndrome again. It doesn’t have to make sense. It just has to be the first to bring it up for consideration. Give these suggestions the consideration they deserve.

I would Wilf, but they would back-up my toilet. (Roto-Rooter is too expensive to call continuously…)

Personally, I wouldn’t bring Danny Barrett to lead the team. He’s never one anything of any note. (Maybe this year, but I doubt it)

Dunnigan had a losing season as a coach too, but I think he is a real student of the game with a lot of spirit and a kick ass attitude. I

If things don’t pan out with the other candidates, I’d give him another chance to be a head coach.

I think Bob is leaning towards Don M.
for H.C. He likes the Guy!

Bob isn't picking the coach. Marcel is.
Bob picked the coach last time and look what happened.

I agree, Jerkface. Desjardins will pick the head coach and Caretaker, with his limited knowlege of such things, will likely remain out of the picture.

Personally, I hope it isn't Mathews. He has obvious health problems combined with age working against him.

Greg Marshall (the one from Winnipeg) ??????

Why do people always want failed coaches from other teams?
You know something, FAILURE certainly is a RELATIVE term ... the guy went to the PLAYOFFS 5 / 7 years !!!

And ANYBODY who watched some of the Rider teams know that they could very well have made it to the Grey Cup …

Any of you EXPERTS ever heard of a coach in the NFL by the name of BELICHEK ??

By the standards on this board he was a MAJOR FAILURE in his first two stints as HC … but then he got another chance with this little team called the New England Patriots … the same team that has won 3 Super Bowls the last 5 years.

Soooooo … the short answer to this question would be … just because YOU THINK the guy is a FAILURE - it DON’T make it SO … the people who want this “failure” of a coach to ply his trade in Hamilton KNOW that EXPERIENCE is a GOOD thing … people who want Danny Barret to coach in Hamilton KNOW that PEOPLE can LEARN from PAST EXPERIENCE … people who want this “failure” of a coach KNOW that Barret can’t SOLELY be JUDGED on not winning a Championship … people who want this “failure” of a coach to come tom Hamilton MIGHT just KNOW a thing or two about this game of FOOTBALL.

Peace.

PS - One thing I notice a lot of people on this board CAN’T seem to do … and that is DISTINGUISH between a KNOWLEDGEABLE INSIGHT and a MERE OPINION.

Hallelujah, I've seen the light.
All this time I was under the impression that almost all the posts in here represented opinions, some more cogent than others.
Now, I'll be forced to try to distinguish those posts that display knowledgeable insight. Life gets more difficult every day.

Let's try to keep a little humour in our lives, eh?

Barrett and Shivers were a good team. We already have a GM (so no Shivers), so why would we want half-of-a-team? (wait, that's what we had this year...)

By the standards on this board he was a MAJOR FAILURE in his first two stints as HC ... but then he got another chance with this little team called the New England Patriots ... the same team that has won 3 Super Bowls the last 5 years.
You're right. Lets bring Greg Marshall back!