How Much Welfare Money Did Bob Young Get in 2013?

We should have a “Who Cares” threads for this kind of garbage. :roll:

The point is that Young caused the team to be homeless last year and probably this year. Why do the other teams have to suffer because of his stubborness... Like are we all to believe that Tim Horton's would of paid way more for naming rights on the hiway then at West Harbour. You guyds all think that Bob Young is a saint. However, just because you are willing to throw bad dollar after bad and continually waste money, whether its on Cortez,or Maas, or Printers, or Kenton Keith, or Martell Mallet, doesn't make you a good owner.

Bob is a great CFL owner but completely agree, he blew it by one year. I agree with Bob the present location wasn't the best for the city or the Cats as much as I love it but Bob wasn't putting up most of the money for the new stadium and as ill advised as West Harbour was, Fred Eisenberger was the man in charge and Bob didn't respect that even though Fred was on the wrong course. If Bob had of agree to West Harbour, as much as he shouldn't have had to IMHO but Bob wasn't the Mayor forking out most of the dough, then there would have been no need for all the rush this season. Hence why I'm not renewing my seasons for this year but did last year in Guelph. Bob I did one but not two for your screwup which will end up perfect, love the IWS site but it wasn't really your call. You played the game a bit too late IMHO and now you need to prove to me that the new stadium is as good as you say it is. Good for you for the extra $5 mill, I will judge you on that and see if I will be a season ticket holder come 2015.

Hamilton - a great owner with what some say a great Mayor that ended up like oil and water. Such is life.

Bob, put another $5 mill into it right away for your "one year f.... up" with the Hall of Fame or whatever, then you get my seasons for 2014. :wink:

By all accounts, the guy has lost over 30 million running the Cat’s, with no chance of making a profit, no matter who owned them. Now the guy has the chance to make a profit finally after losing all that money. How about giving the guy some credit for hanging in, when all others would have bailed. The league is now a REAL business that turns profits, without guys like Young the CFL may not have been around to see this success now

If he misses the 30 million so much, he could sell the team and get atleast 20 of it back. I liked that he actually hired a CIS coach. Firing him 4 games after he won coach of the year was the first stupid thing he did. It's been down hill ever since.

First to say only the tax man knows the Tiger Cats financial records, would be Mr Young.
Average attendance? over the last 10 years 22k a game? they would be close to being in the black, paying fired coaches doesn’t help.
If he hast lost money, one reason could be that Hamilton Has not hosted the Great Canadian Party since 96, Hosting 3 GC,s over the next 10 years and 5 over the next 15 will keep the Ticats financially stable. no matter who owns them.

I doubt very much Hamilton will host 5 GC in the next 15 years.

Young created most of his losses through bad management, from using the TCFC to buy the Railhawks, paying two HC every year for the last four of five years and next two years.

I also question this 30 million dollar figure. Young is very cunning, he’s managed to have the city, province and league pickup a lot of money.

Having said that you can’t question his passion.

Hey, why stop there. If 3 GC’s in 10 years would be good then why not pretend the Cats will get 4, 5, or even 6 GC’s in the next 10 years… lol

Just curious… how do you figure the Cats will get 30% of the cups (for the next 15 years) in a small outdoor stadium?

Greg Marshal won coach of the year for the 2004 season. Marshal coached the entirety of the 2005 season and was fired 4 games into the 2006 season or a whole 22 games removed from his coach of the year award.

Well I guess going 5-17 probably has cost alot of Americans their jobs too...
I'd still like to see other teams try CIS coaches though... It is the CFL afterall. Like I'm glad Mike Oshea is getting a shot, but there has to be 2 or 3 dozen Canadian coaches more qualified them him.

Bungle, you were foiled again! Post somewhere else…troll!

Uhh…I don’t see the Cats hosting 3 GCs over the next 10 years, 2 I can believe but not 3. Over 15 years, I very much doubt 15, I think 3 will be a stroke of good fortune.

Mr Young’s got a whack of extra c notes if you would like to dry those tears…

bob young might not be the smartest owner around but you have to give him credit for trying and putting in effort into raising the popularity of ticats in hamilton. Sure he has put down big contracts for Cortez and other coaches that didn’t work out but give him credit again for writing off a contract and paying it out and bringing in someone else at his own expense to make the ticats in a contending team and making the ticat fans happy. Same can’t be said for a guy like David Braley if he hired a bum for a coach for a 4 year contract he would let the team suffer and it’s fans by allowing the coach to ride out his contract because he would be to cheap to bring in someone else. That’s all us fans can really hope from a owner is that he puts his time and effort into trying to grow the game and make the fans happy something what bob young has done. So you cant critize a guy like that but a guy like David Braley is a whole different story.

You're stuck with Braley there 1991 until he sells. Sucks for you I bet. :stuck_out_tongue:

His days are numbered it’s just a matter of time tell he sells the franchise to someone else. But the main question to ask here has David Braley done to much damage to the Argo franchise that they can’t recover from? I find it is going to be hard on any group or owner to recover from Braley absentee ownership the last few years.

If the Argo franchise is that fragile, probably best to fold up the tent now of the good ship Argonaut and lay her to rest perhaps.

Yeah that just might be what they will have to do with the state of the franchise in such neglect. I just find it hard to believe it has come down to that with such a rich and long storied history to this franchise. I wish that I could win the lottery a couple of times and run this franchise the proper way that it should.

They would already have folded had he not picked it up.