How Much Welfare Money Did Bob Young Get in 2013?

According to this
file:///C:/Users/Janet/Downloads/2013-edmonton-eskimo-report-to-shareholders2014050348.pdf
the Esks recieved less CFL money last year then in 2012. In 2012 all teams took a hit of 1 million dollars to market the CFL in Southern Ontario. From all accounts the CFL is rapidly expanding revenues from corporate sponsorship. In this report the Esks increased theirs by 15%. Montral has reportedly increased theirs as well. I assume the CFL increased their level of corporate sponsorship and should of givin more money to CFL teams last year then less. I would assume that Young recieved atlest 2 million in welfare from the CFL. He could of avoided all of this and been playing at Ivor Wynn last year and West Harbour this year

LOL.. The link doesn't work... Its a PDF... http://www.esks.com/about-us

And now for something completely different ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbN9doxZusQ

Yeah...I wonder how much other teams took from Hamilton and Toronto during the 60s and 70s. It's the nature of sports leagues, one rises, another one falls. Smart leagues (like the NFL) institute high levels of revenue sharing to compensate for this, to create demand for team ownership (as sharing minimizes risk), to ensure easier equitable enforcement of the salary cap and keep the league competitive.

Silly leagues, like the Premier League and MLB don't do this, leaving the same few teams winning/making the playoffs year after year, making you wonder why my team can never even get a shot at making the big show.

What's done is done, I was a Bay Front supporter, but what can you or I do? IMHO it came down to helping and refurbishing central Hamilton, and the new LRT will give a broader access for the fan base.
Besides the 100 million or so The team will make on hosting Grey Cups! and the 1st game at Tim Horton's Field :rockin:

Give it up Bungle. The stadium is where it is.(and it's going to be great!!)
I'll drop the dead horse in your back yard tomorrow...jeeesh, again

That debate ended two years ago. Get lost.

The debate two years ago did noy include Young sponging welfare off of all the other teams. Teams like Winnipeg can't afford to be paying welfare to other teams.

So, you think Winnipeg is will be paying the Ticats "welfare money" if the stadium isn't done on time? lol. Come on Mrs Bungle (as a manual labourer yourself) you of all people should know that any late fees (assuming they're necessary) would be paid (rightfully) by the stadium contractor who failed to deliver the project on time, not the CFL or its teams. Nice try though.

Interesting report, but if you read through the revenues and expenses you will see that the Esks had less expenses in 2013 and it's because of lower players expenses, game day expenses, scouting and football administration and sponsorship expenses.
NOT because they had to prop up other another team.
The "CFL distribution expense" which I assume would be the annual payment to the CFL which each team makes, didn't change much between 2012 and 2013.

Cohon said during interviews last year that the league was "helping" Young with expenses playing in Guelph.
Not surprised... In a way the CFL has revenue sharing but its off book :wink: Keeps the players from getting their share...

What I would klike to know is nhow much of his own money bob spent saving our ticats. IMO it was a lot and we should be very thankfull for that. Some people are just born complainers.

And what some of those complainers don't see is that money that went towards marketing CFL Football in Southern Ontario was for the good of the entire league not just The Cats and Argos. Making uneducated statements seems to become common place around here :roll:

Where did the money go to that was supposed to market cfl football in southern Ontario? I have not seen anything being done here for that. I have no problem for them taking the welfare money but at least try to put that money into marketing the game instead of pocketing money for themselves.

First we had you bitching and bad mouthing everything Braley and how lousy he is,and now we got the Bumbler badmouthing Bob Young.How’s about you and Bumble get together and pool your money and buy the Cats and the Argos.I really think that perhaps the only way to make the two of you happy would be if there was no owners in the league at all…Oh that’s right,no owners=no league…as for Bob Young the math is easy and simple…no Bob Young=no Ti-Cats and for the Argos it’s much the same…no David Braley=no Argos. I have to give you a little credit though 1991,lately you’ve toned it down somewhat as compared to before,but Bumble has been out of control lately and some of his thread titles and posts as of late have been borderline pushing the envelope and really not neccessary or appreciated on this forum. :thdn:

How Much Welfare Money Did Bob Young Get in 2013?

No matter how much it was, he deserved every penny. Good for him.

Where did the money go to that was supposed to market cfl football in southern Ontario? I have not seen anything being done here for that. I have no problem for them taking the welfare money but at least try to put that money into marketing the game instead of pocketing money for themselves.
[/quote]
First we had you bitching and bad mouthing everything Braley and how lousy he is,and now we got the Bumbler badmouthing Bob Young.How's about you and Bumble get together and pool your money and buy the Cats and the Argos.I really think that perhaps the only way to make the two of you happy would be if there was no owners in the league at all......Oh that's right,no owners=no league.....as for Bob Young the math is easy and simple.....no Bob Young=no Ti-Cats and for the Argos it's much the same......no David Braley=no Argos. I have to give you a little credit though 1991,lately you've toned it down somewhat as compared to before,but Bumble has been out of control lately and some of his thread titles and posts as of late have been borderline pushing the envelope and really not neccessary or appreciated on this forum. :thdn:
[/quote]
No I think you got it wrong what some don't realize is No fans=no league
Don't get me wrong I do give bob young credit for bringing the ticats back to life when they were in desperate need of leadership and commitment to this team with previous owners to the team doing just a brutal job of running the team and almost killing the franchise as David Braley,McDonald,Ballard were a big part of. I do feel bob young has some blame along with many others with regards to the stadium mess. But i just feel young should be questioned if he is taking some of that welfare money from the cfl. Some owners of these sport franchises just like having there name out there and like the attention of people looking up to them just like a donald sterling. Don't get me wrong I would never compare a bob young to David Braley at least young has committed and put a lot of his time and effort with this franchise which you could never say the same thing with Braley. As well it is nice of young to put $5 million of the ticats money into the stadium for upgrades a nice gesture made by him which we will never see happen with Braley unless he could get a big tax break for it.

Went to pay George Cortez

Mr Braley has had to deal with Rogers, a very hostile land lord, unfortunately. Fortunately Mr Braley knew what he was in for as a interum owner.

You just proved my point.................