HOW MUCH ARE GREY CUP NAMING RIGHTS WORTH-$5-10M YR

[url=http://www.gg.ca/gg/fgg/bios/01/grey_e.asp]www.gg.ca/gg/fgg/bios/01/grey_e.asp[/url]

Grey is referenced as both an Earl and a Lord. I must admit though, that I thought Earl was his name.

I believe a Lord is anyone with a title, and in this case, the title is Earl.
So both are correct. The Earl Grey or Lord Grey.

Good example of this is when the Al’s scooped Tom Cousineau. He was the Bill’s #1 draft choice in the late 70’s.

You’re right. I think this is the way to go.

I think it would also be important to link up with a corporation that has a very positive public image, whether it be because of their environmental, charitable or social record.

From a book I have at home. Didn't know of the Plains of Abraham thing:

"Steeped in British traditions, a brilliant colonial administrator, Lord Grey was appointed Governor General of Canada on Dec. 10, 1904. He was largely responsible for the outstanding success of the Quebec tercentenary celebrations in 1908. At his suggestion, the battlefield of the Plains of Abraham was preserved as a national park. Throughout his career he diligently worked for imperial unity. In 1909, he donated the Lord Earl Grey Cup as a trophy for the amateur rugby football championship of Canada.

The significance of the honour would not be felt until 1921 when the West began to participate for the Dominion Championship, as it was commonly called, or the Grey Cup. Vast distances had divided the West and British Columbia, the Eastern Maritimes, Ontario and Quebec. Differences in rules made interleague play difficult. The season was frightfully short and this too complicated matters. But all these hurdles were overcome when East and West clashed on the gridiron for football supremacy in Canada.

Despite the wishes of its donor, the Grey Cup was never to be a trophy for amateur teams sports.
But for Lord Grey, a man who was immensely popular but had never seen a Grey Cup match, a man who like many in his era abhorred professionalism, he, inadvertently, was able to achieve a sense of national unity in a young, growing country beset with cultural and geographic problems. His $48.00 trophy carried more lasting significance than the donor could ever realize."