How many games for maciocca

...RR has had his short game working for two years now, nickel and dime plays is all your OC calls...what happened to Tucker driving long down the sidelines and RR simply airing one out?...that never seems to happen any more...

Was there a running game?

There is so much more to being an all star quarterback than just putting up numbers. The quarterback is supposed to lead the team and the offence and push them to be the best. It seems to me that Ricky Ray is simply out for Ricky Ray. The earlier posts were correct, for all of Damien Anderson big talk during the past couple of weeks, he should of just stayed home in Edmonton. He was pathetic.

I posted this in Jan and was hoping he would be gone at the beginning of the season. I still think if either were given a solid offer from a CFL team they would jump at it. I know John Bloomfield dreamed of coaching in the CFL. Anyway I hope you are wrong and they hire either of them I think they are both smart football men.

I also think they wouldn't be too out of line to look at Leroy Blugh at Bishops I went to an alumnists dinner and spoke to him. He still bleeds Green & Gold.

Btw Go Gaiters

Hey, Ricky Ray has been standing in that pocket or running away from it going on a 4th year now, taking hit after hit, sack after sack for this organization, for teammates that give him next to no protection and most often no targets for the big razzle dazzle plays, and yet he still manages to make it through almost every game (last year being the exception) as the only bright spot on the team's performance sheet and statistics chart. What more do you want from the guy? The only silver lining he has this year, is that at least with Fred Perry in a Green and Gold Uni, its one less dose of punishment he has to take each week. Reminds me of the folks after Printers in Hamilton. You can't lead your troops when your running for your own survival, and Ray is not the most armored guy out there muscle-wise. Maybe he doesn't try to get the fans going by spiking the ball like Casey last Thursday, but like Casey, at least we know he's alive on the field unlike the rest of the team.

If Ray were suddenly to be traded to say, Calgary with its trio of Lewis/Copeland/Rambo, or BC with Simon/Clermont/P. Jackson, or WPG with Armstrong/Stegall/Edwards, or MTL with Thurmon/Watkins/Cahoon, all of which have much more dynamic game plans and passing attack, i'd pick that team to go the Grey Cup without hesitation! Throwing to any of those combos, Ray would probably chalk up 6,000 yards and 40 TDs a season....

I think that Maciocia should be gone asap. The Eskimos are the door mat of the CFL. We always lose the games in the second half. Do you want to know why? Our coaches cannot adjust to the other team's changes from the first half: we are being outcoached at every turn.

KristjanCFL - "he still manages to make it through almost every game (last year being the exception) as the only bright spot on the team's performance sheet and statistics chart."
The only reason Ricky Ray is the bright spot is that the offensive schema is set up so he gets to throw those high percentage passing plays, short yardage. If he was forced to throw the long ball more often I would bet his completion percentage would fall significantly.

Unfortunately for you Esk fans, I don't think Danny M will be replaced unless you guys miss the playoffs again. Ricky Ray is definitely not the problem--predictable offense, lack of a good running game and a porous Oline are the problems. You can't make that many changes and expect miracles. Being a Rider fan, we know what happens once the club house gets a revolving door put into it, no chemistry or familiarity among players add up to losses by the truckload.

Its amazing how a loss in a football game brings these next-to-no-post members out of the woodwork.... I challenge you to read what sambo42, RedandWhite, etc have posted, not to mention what the rest of eskimo faithful have posted. Do you really think that Ray wants to throw that 5 yard pass on second down when we actually need 8 yards because the running game on 1st down was straight up the middle for next to no gain? Would it be hard for you to imagine that Ray might just start chucking them balls down the field like he did in 03 and 05 when he once again has the pocket time to set up those long bombs to open recievers? And if you wonder why he's followed the crappy offensive game plans of Lancaster Jr., Chapdelaine, and Maciocia between 06 and 08, its because he's making the same coin as Casey Printers. He has to take alot of hits to make that $$$ , but at least he gets paid the most in the league as compensation. I don't mean to get preachy, but our starting QB to quote sambo42 "is definitely not the problem--predictable offense, lack of a good running game and a porous Oline are the problem"

I'm going to say -18 as he should've been fired last year.

...you got it right mate.....Bombers would love to have this guy...and you could put a Cup in the Bombers immediate future...He stands on his head for your club....BUT if you don't want him...we'll take a chance on him :lol:

"Its amazing how a loss in a football game brings these next-to-no-post members out of the woodwork"
I was not aware this was an exclusive club! I thought a blog was for individuals to express their opinions.
It is more than a loss in one game, try 9 in a row if I am correct. There are more people to blame than just the head coach, football is a team effort.

Thank you, Captain Obvious. You could say that about any QB.

And we've lost 7 straight, not 9.

...what did I say?....WHAT DID I SAY?.....once you allow RR to air the ball good things happen for you guys...I expect a royalty cheque in the mail thank you very much...

Conclusive proof Macoccia reads these boards. Just wait til next week when he steals my offensive gameplan and uses Ray as the fullback with Gass coming out of retirement to play QB. We've also got a brilliant scheme drawn up to get the most of multiplying negatives since it's simple math they make positives.

It's just unfortunate the staff kept calling the same plays. In the first half we had you guys fooled. In the second half you guys were lurking in the bushes waiting for us.