How many games for maciocca

Personally I feel Machoka should be given 3 games plus exhibition. If after that the esks are not over 500 He must be gone.

To replace him here are the top 2 candidates.

get rid of macchoka and chaps here are 2 guys who could do great.

Coaching Staff
John Bloomfield
Head Coach
John Bloomfield enters his 4th season, in 2007, as Head Football Coach at St. Francis Xavier University. He arrived at X with a tradition of excellence matched by few others.

Bloomfield was a member of the dominant Western Mustang teams of the 1980’s that appeared in the Vanier Cup in 1985 and 1986. After finishing his degree he spent a year as a teacher and assistant coach at Lahser HS in Michigan. In 1991 he returned to Canada and became head coach at Belle River HS in Ontario.

Over his eleven year tenure as a high school head coach in Ontario, both at Belle River HS and Sandwich Secondary, Bloomfield amassed a record of 95 wins and 20 losses. His teams won six city and three provincial championships during this span and were ranked by national coaching polls in three seasons as the number one high school football team in the country (1995, 2001, 2002).

In addition to being a full-time teacher and high school head coach, he also served as head coach of the Windsor AKO Fratmen of the Canadian Junior Football League from 1996-2001. Bloomfield led the Fratmen to five consecutive undefeated seasons against conference opponents, five provincial championship titles, two national championship appearances, and a national championship victory in 1999. The 1999 Fratmen were the first Ontario based team to win the CJFL national title in over thirty years.

Bloomfield was named OFC Coach of the Year four times and in 1996 & 1999 he was named CJFL Coach of the Year.

Bloomfield accepted an offer to become Offensive Coordinator of the Windsor Lancers in 2001. With his help the Lancers won more games in two seasons than in the four previous seasons combined, and made the OUA playoffs both times. His final victory prior to being hired by StFX was a win over the University of Western Ontario in the 2003 OUA quarterfinals.

In three seasons at StFX Bloomfield’s teams have amassed a regular season record of 10 wins and 13 losses with one playoff victory coming in 2005 versus archrival St. Mary’s.

Coaching Experience
• 1991-1996 Belle River High School, Head Coach
• 1997-2003 Sandwich Secondary High School, Head Coach
• 1996-2001 Windsor AKO Fratmen, Head Coach
• 2001-2003 Windsor Lancers, Offensive Coordinator
• 2004-Present St. Francis Xavier X-Men, Head Coach

Steve Sumarah - Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator and Quarterbacks Coach
Hometown: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Education: BSc (Phys. Ed) M Ed
Coaching Background: 9th season with Huskies, 1st year as Head Coach;
Volunteer Coach of Year 2000; Football Nova Scotia Coach of the Year
1999; St. Francis Xavier 1994ˆ1997, CFL guest coach 5 seasons; AF2 2
seasons
Playing Background: Receiver, St. Francis Xavier 1985 - 1989, SMU
Huskies 1991

Both coaches have been successful and know how an offense should be run.

Hire these guys and let them hire their own coaching staff and the Eskimos would be reborn.

My Favourite is Bloomfield I know him from when he coached Belle River a smart football man who Btw learned coaching from Russ Jackson. I know John would love to coach in the CFL.

I don’t know about Bloomfield. It sounds like he was great in HS, but his record at St. Francis Xavier doesn’t sound all that impressive…

Danlaurin, I found a misprint in your post, we need to find a mod to correct it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't understand you Eskimo fans running down poor Danny! Guys gota feed his familly you know. I think I can speak for the fans in the other seven CFL cities.....We think he's doing a fantastic job for the Eskies! :wink: :wink:

Okay, okay, before I get my knuckles rapped for a little bit of trolling, I would say if the Esks start out 3 & 5 you might see a change.

NOOOOOO do not change! :lol: :lol:

He comes out of the gate 1-3 and he's gone!

is this verified or just fan speculation? has the GM told him that if he doesn't win he's fired? hopefully he's fired asap so the Eskimos can get back on to being on a professional level. this is the CFL for god's sake a professional league that should have more than 2 competitive teams out of 8.

Yep he has to go. Yes, he did win a Grey Cup with us, but honestly, did that team need any coaching? I doubt it. That was one of the best overall football teams I think I have ever seen. But in the last 2 seasons, 2 seasons people, he has turned this once great, well respected franchise, into the leagues laughing stock. I say it will be 6 games. If were atleast 2 games under .500, he's gone. So if we are 2-4 or worse he's gone. Fired, axed. Good chance it might happen.

I could see this happening. We start out at Sask, Cal at home, and then a back-to-back with Toronto. Not an easy schedule. Sask is the favourite, and with the way the Stamps played last night, they could steal that game. And at best we split with Toronto, giving us a 1-3 record.

Of course, that's the worst case scenario. Best case, we steal the game in Regina, protect home turf against the Stamps and split with Toronto, giving us a 3-1 record.

But whatever happens... I get the feeling we won't see Danny gone until the end of the season no matter how badly we start.

Coach Taafe in Hamilton survived a 3-15 season, so Maciocia, unless it looks like we'll get an even worse record this season under his coaching, is likely to not get the can....

Replacement Tom Higgens! But seriously do not get rid of Dancing Danny all 7 other teams depend on him.

Ain't that the truth. Without Danny, we'd own the West! :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree. I think we'd need a Ti-Cats type of start for management to even think of replacing him mid-season.

Sorry Danlaurin, there is no way Coach Sumarah would leave the Huskies hanging by leaving for a CFL head coaching job. We just hired our new DC (Danny Laramee) here at SMU back in February, and the plan is not only to make the Vanier Cup again, but to bring it home this year!

I'm not sure if Coach Bloomfield would leave his program at X or not. Mount Allison's Head Coach (Steve Lalonde) just resigned about a week ago, and he is getting some bad press for leaving his team hanging so close to the start of the season (about 70 days until kickoff).

Maybe if Sumarah and Bloomfield were approached after the CIS season comes to an end, they would consider coach for NEXT season, but not this close to the CIS season.

PS... Go Huskies go :slight_smile:

Can anyone says Deja Vu. I felt it from about two weeks ago when the same old line started, we have 20 new faces so don't expect us to be good out of the gate.
The defence looked good against Sask and the special teams with the exception of a terrible kick returner looked good. However, it was the same old story for the offence , just plain awful. Ricky Ray and the offensive line were completely embarrassing. You just got that Deja Vu feeling on the first drive. They drive all the way down the field and only get 3 pts. It is the same old team.
The sad thing is, Calgary is going to rip us apart on Thursday.

Ricky Ray put up decent numbers... pick aside. The O-Line might as well have left the field...

Hard to put up any numbers when you spend 3 quarters running for your life, or on the turf.

Makes you wonder... in the draft we traded our pick to Calgary for one of their O-linemen. Then they picked a rookie O-lineman. Calgary's O-line looked good the other night. Ours was non-existent... :expressionless:

I cant see anyone firing their coach during the season this year, there are no replacements around. Everyone has jobs already that would be qualified. Theyd have to hire someones elses coordinator or go to the US for new blood.

Of all the QB's, Ray is DEFINITELY in midseason form. Hopefully your OC will allow him to "Light it UP" with the long ball! Ray has his short game working.