How many FG could Ottawa have gotten?

Just curious how close it would have been otherwise. Very unfortunate for them.

Or is it how many excuses will ottawa fans be making?

I believe they missed 2 and Flemming also missed one. Either way, Ottawa was destined to be the losing team. It was a pretty good game... glad to see the Esks back on track.

The Gades are looking really good this year. Joseph is a much better QB then most teams have. I'd take him over Nealon any day.

It's unfortunate that they lost their kicker during warm up otherwise it would have been a close game. Although the Esks kinda caosted through the 3rd and 4th quarter.

Ray is just amazing with the deep ball. The only thing we are missing is solid O-line.

The Esks would have a solid O-line if those guys could stay healthy for two games in a row.

The TSN commentators kept ranting about Ottawa having a different O-line every game due to injuries. So have the Esks!

I am not a Gades fan (although I do like there spunk this season) and I am not trying to make excuses for them, but on top of the 2 misses, were there any times they didn't go for the FG when they otherwise would have? I didn't see much of the game, so I am just curious. As of right now, I believe Ottawa's kicker has the best record and with him in there would probably be at least 4 more points on the board for the Gades. How many others may have been on as well? And I know there should be 2 more for Edm too because of their miss, but after the FG performance last week, it is understandable that he missed. Come on, Paul is not the only one in a slump right now. I commend Edmonton on their win, and injuries are a part of the game that every team has to deal with (as a Rider fan right now, I know.) but maybe you shouldn't be getting too cocky about the easy win because with a decent placekicker in, the whole momentum of the game could easily have shifted.

Go Riders!!

P.S. What happened to their kicker anyway?

What's with Edmonton and all the injuries they have. We started booing them in the 4th qtr, the game took almost 3.5 hours. Seems every time Ottawa would get a drive going, an Esk would go down. Enough is enough. No excuses though, the better team won tonight.

I don’t think it was an easy win … and who knows how the game would have been different had Kellet been OK. Perhaps the Gades would’ve had more confidence in their kicker in FG range, perhaps they’d’ve had 4 more points, perhaps they’d have made that onside kick at the end of the game. Having a kicker go down in the warmup really hurts … even though they’re “just a kicker”, they contribute a lot of points. I don’t know what happened to Kellet, but it looked to be a groin thing. He was limping pretty bad on the sideline … all those pauses for Eskimo injuries were driving me nuts, though!

As soon as I heard Kellet was out, and before the game even started, I looked at my wife and said, "We'rre done". We sucked and that's all there is to it. No excuses. We should have been blown out.
It wasn't even close people.

Go Capital Punishm..........ah F@#k It All.

You’re a very angry man aren’t you! You don’t have to tell me about my team! I won’t make any excuses. Last night was a good indication of where the Gades are at this moment. Better than some teams but not better than others. We’ll win some and we’ll lose some. As long as we keep getting better, I’m alright with that. Let’s talk at the end of the season and see if your smugness was justified by the Esks winning the Grey Cup (good luck with that!)

Go Gades Go!
North Side Sucks! 8)