How Many Empty seats at IGF Yeserday?

i dont believe any attendance figures from any sport anymore.. from someone who was there. How many empty seats were there? Looked like the endzones were quite sparse.
Also... what were the travel times yesterday, in and out of the stadium?

I read on the Winnipeg Press section how as of the afternoon there are still 2400 seats available.
If not a fan, I would go just to look at the stadium.

Nearly a full house last night at IGF, with approximately 2,100 unsold seats.
The Peg fans are some of the most rabid in the league in spite of a banal BB team.

Even in the dying seconds of a losing match, the roar of the crowd on a late TD was near deafening.

I don't understand the fascination with sellouts. Just means you have no room for growth and are losing sales every game. Attendance is either good or bad. and having 10 percent extra capacity is IDEAL.

From a revenue standpoint, you want sellouts because then that means you can start raising ticket prices.

Even at the home opener (which was an obvious sell out) there were many empty seats because everyone is checking out the concourse. I've heard from some they never even got to their seats.

Attendance was announced as 31,300 ish. Do the math. Impressive figures for a lousy team.

I noticed, the endzone seats were not popular, but there were so many people on the concourse, you can’t tell if they’re tickets were for those endzone seats, but they preferred to hang out and socialize on the concourse.

when/where are endzone seats popular? They are sub-par seats no matter the stadium.
They should just make huge areas that can be rented to say 10, 20 and 50 people...not boxes, but areas with amazing seating and walking room.

Famous Rum hut !!!!!!!very busy, Bomber fans go there for therapy !

Winnipeg SK and EDM have been the bright spots in attendance for a while !

when/where are endzone seats popular? They are sub-par seats no matter the stadium.
They should just make huge areas that can be rented to say 10, 20 and 50 people...not boxes, but areas with amazing seating and walking room.
[/quote]
That's what's planned for the endzones in Hamilton at TH Field. But people think that seats should be put there instead to increase capacity.

That's what's planned for the endzones in Hamilton at TH Field. But people think that seats should be put there instead to increase capacity.
[/quote]
No Kidding, get a load of these fans, who would EVER want to sit in an endzone seat for a game?? These people must really be getting ripped off lol . . . :?

http://football.ballparks.com/NCAA/Big10/PennState/interior.jpg

http://tnjn.com/content/storyimage/2009/09/02/Neyland_Stadium.box.jpg

Those people all paid 5 dollars for tickets and were drunk entering the stadium after 6 hours tailgating.... You cant compare the two. They went for a party...and for the religion of it all... you don't have to provide quality entertainment package for them. They provide it themselves.

Yes, especially around the Rum Hut. 31K attendance leaves about 2000-2500 empty seats. That would've been over a sell out at CanadInns. A very healthy crowd considering Friday games they lose attendance to cottage goers.

[/quote]
Uhm, replace endzone seating because they suck with a huge area with amazing seating and walking room? What?

The end zone seats are quite good at IGF comparatively, bolstered by having the field level below grade. I think having only grandstands is a bit highschoolish. I don't seen any professional football team omitting endzone seating. Of course it helps to increase capacity, teams need to sell tickets to make money. What would benefit the Ticats more financially-24K seats in grandstand style or 27K seats with about 3 K endzone seats at a lower price that may be more attractive to some families budgets than higher priced sideline seats? Growing up my family could only afford the cheap family endzone tickets at CanadInns from Safeway. Its still fun to be there and you have the best view in the stadium when the TDs are scored.

Uhm, replace endzone seating because they suck with a huge area with amazing seating and walking room? What?

The end zone seats are quite good at IGF comparatively, bolstered by having the field level below grade. I think having only grandstands is a bit highschoolish. I don't seen any professional football team omitting endzone seating. Of course it helps to increase capacity, teams need to sell tickets to make money. What would benefit the Ticats more financially-24K seats in grandstand style or 27K seats with about 3 K endzone seats at a lower price that may be more attractive to some families budgets than higher priced sideline seats? Growing up my family could only afford the cheap family endzone tickets at CanadInns from Safeway. Its still fun to be there and you have the best view in the stadium when the TDs are scored.
[/quote]
Actually, I think that the best plan - IN THE CFL - is to put as many seats in between the goal lines as possible and leave the endzones (or at least one of them) for the rare once-every-nine-years GC game. I'm okay with keeping one endzone out of the regular picture.

Get your facts straight before you comment. End Zone seats at Penn State Games (the massive one where the fans all wear white) can run you $75- to over $200. True they may be coming in drunk, but they are still paying a wad of cash to be there. You will never find $5 tickets (end zone or not) at US college or NFL games and people sit in the end zones by the tens of thousands at each game.

Every thread Mr. Bungle starts chases away more potential posters. it's no wonder we lost so many people from the forums. so lame. Give the attendance thing a rest. all you do is trash on every team for one reason or another. I cannot believe you are even remotely a football fan. troll

Have to agree to disagree. I think endzone seats give you a better view of the entire field than sideline seats between the 10 yard line and back of the endzone. I would prefer to look straight ahead all game than have my head turned 90% of the time.

i find that there is no difference between a 20 yard sideline pass and a sideline pass for a loss of yards when you sit in the endzone... i would sooner stay home then go to a game and sit in the endzone... even if the tickets were free