HOW LOUD DO I SAY THIS! TRADE LUMSDEN OR USE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!

You won't get many arguments on that point. Indeed, you will get NO arguments on that point from either Saskatchewan or Montreal fans.

Which begs the question.

Why did a knowledgeable CFL guy like Obie hire him?

Similarly, why did he hire a defensive coordinator who got fired from his last job for running the worst defence in the league last season?

Why did a knowledgeable CFL guy like Obie hire him?
I know this is off topic a bit but did anyone notice Obie having a good laugh in the booth in the 4th quarter. I can't imagine myself being GM and finding anything funny at this game. (unless they have resorted to telling Cat jokes like many of the fans)

JL would be crazy to remain with the Cats. It's a huge understatement to say he's under-utilized. Even if this team started to turn things around, it's still a couple of years away from contending for a Cup. If he wants to get with a winning program before he's too old to enjoy it, he'll leave. If he wants to showcase his talent for a last crack at the NFL, he'll leave.

Who could blame him?

An Argo-Cat fan

Jesse has no shot at the NFL. Way too many injuries. That being said, unless he is hurt, the CATS are sending him a definite message; get out of town. The lack of respect, such as not using him in short goal to goal situations, and only the occasional touch shows what the team thinks of him. Sad...

I noticed that too, Snocross67, and am somewhat surprised no one else has mentioned that so far. It got worse when Mitchell joined him in the box; he too was mainly smiling. What the heck were they smiling at, when their team was getting creamed?

Many years ago, when Don Meredith was QB of the Dallas Cowboys, during practice he had the other players in stitches over some joke he told in the huddle.....coach Landry walked over and quietly said "Gentlemen, nothing funny ever happens on a football field."

snocross wrote:" I know this is off topic a bit but did anyone notice Obie having a good laugh in the booth in the 4th quarter. I can't imagine myself being GM and finding anything funny at this game. (unless they have resorted to telling Cat jokes like many of the fans)"

snocross" : Maybe Obie is like the fans. They have given up. He has probably been told that Charlie has to stay for the rest of the season.
I also think Jesse should just wait until after the season if he decides he wants out.
One of the top 10 questions a potential new coach needs to be asked is "how will you use Jesse in the offence to make the most use his ability?"

One more thing. A couple of posters have mentioned that its not Charlie's fault if the OC is making bad calls and offensive strategy.
Sorry but of course its his fault! He the HEAD coach and if he thinks the play calling is bad its up to him to do something about it!

He MEETS with Bellefeuille and the other coordinators to set the gameplan. He RUNS the practices where the gameplan is worked upon. He DELEGATES the playcall to Bellefeuille (after all, he has playcalled in Hamilton, see last year). As well, he helps SET the halftime adjustments with his coordinators.

This isn't sandlot. There is an operational hierarchy. The buck for the onfield product stops at the head coach. Period.

Oski Wee Wee,

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/feature/?id=11505

We all knew his ankle was sore ,so why risk hurting it more ,anyway TSN reports he tweaked it in the third.

Oh if only we could find a Danny McManus arm and brain to go with Printers /Williams athletic ability...................

You could clearly see Jessie was not up to par. The guy is obviously playing hurt. I believe if you give Jessie a solid game plan with Caully assisting - we smash other teams. You are correct - the buck stops with Cahrlie Taaffe.