HOW LONG YOU GONNA KEEP BELLEFEUILLE?

Yes. And I’m pretty sure Danny Mac is being groomed to replace Womack.

Myco - Sorry my friend - I do not agree - last night and through all the other stinkers, lots of blocks have been missed. Under normal circumstances when you do something wrong in football some one shows you the proper technique and you have a learning opportunity. You work on that specific technique and you learn from your mistakes. I do not see the learning opportunity or the leadership that spots the problems and corrections made on the fly. If that person consistently can not correct the technique you sever the working relationship.

We should promote Marcel to GM. :wink:

You disagree that on a second and short we tried something different and was sacked and knocked out of FG range in a previous game?

Im not disputing what you say. I was responding to the fact that we NEVER try anything different. Which isn’t true. We have TRIED.

Anybody know what Trestman's status will be next year. Maybe we can lure him away from Montreal with a substantial salary increase using all the money that was saved by releasing key veterans. That change alone would make a substantial difference. While we're at let's also sign Burris. I guarantee this duo would help fill the seats at IWS.

Doubt very much that Trestman would leave Montreal at this point, or that Popp would allow him to leave
(unless Trestman asked for a raise from the ultra stubborn Popp :wink:)

After some contemplation, it may not be a bad idea to bring in Burris for a season or two while developing young talent such as Porter or Boltus or whomever.

The recent TSN poll still picked Burris as having the strongest arm in the CFL, and while not as mobile as in years past, is still much more athletic than Glenn.

Unless Glenn takes the team to the Grey Cup, I’m not convinced he will play again as a Cat after post and where does that leave us?

Obie is not the problem. Marcel definitely is though. What Obie has done since he came here is change the culture and image of the team. We were once known as the place where older players would come to end their careers and free agents avoided coming to Hamilton. When he came here, that all changed and now, free agents are signing with us year after year. I would like to see Obie stay on and finish what he started. I would rather be 8-10 than 1-17 like previous years. That's just my 2 cents.

I just thought of why these last two losses are even more morally debilitating. Not only did we lose to the worst two teams in the league, but we lost to their backup QBs Dinwiddie and Bell. Neither of these two have ever shown any remarkable ability, yet we cycled all three of ours with virtually no impact whatsoever. Truly embarrassing.

I believe Glenn has run his course. As is apparent in the forum and speaking to other Ti-cat fans, a lot of people have lost faith and confidence with the current regime of Glenn, Khari, Porter and Marcel. How excited and confident will next years fanbase be with this stagnant setup?

You can't let the beancounters start running your football operations. What is the alternative to Glenn ??? Burris LOL !

Looks like people are beginning to catch up around here ...

While I can understand the positive sentiment where O'Billovich is concerned (his resume speaks for itself) he should have known - and I really mean SHOULD HAVE KNOWN - that hiring a coach like MB was a ill-advised, and doomed for failure.

While he has done much to improve the talent around here - he, basically, crippled the team by saddling it with an inexperienced HC - for THREE YEARS !!! Which pretty much negates any gains made on the roster.

The best way of dealing with a mistake is to ADMIT one has been made ... a big FAIL on Obies' part.

Now what ?

Clean house, period. Back where we started ... 1 ... suck it up ... grind it out.

Time for a New GM ... time for a new HC, and staff ... while it may suck, and hurt ... you gotta do what you gotta do ...

I really don't see O'Billovich sticking around for another 3 years (the last season at IWS, the traveling circus season of the rebuild, and the inaugural season of the new stadium) ... so it is back to the drawing board.

Perhaps Tom Higgins has had enough of his time at CFL headquarters, and could be convinced to take the GM position ? He must have enough contacts in his black book to mine through to find a suitable HC ...

Man, does it ever suck to be a Tiger Cat fan ...

Actually, I find it to be fun in the off-season when we sign highly touted free agents and bring in new coaches and all the other changes. Really gets your hope up until about game 3 when it all starts to unravel. :frowning:

Jimmy Jones, I am not a fan of complicating things on 3rd and one

such as spreading the O-line and having the runningback
set up three or four yards behind the line of scrimmage.

too many things can go wrong.

Our Offence doesn’t need imagination on 3rd and one

just keep it simple and execute. Vince Lombardi said…

[i]Some people try to find things in this game that don’t exist

but football is only two things - blocking and tackling. [/i]

Quinton’s success rate on quarterback sneaks has been fantastic.

Where would he have gotten that information, Flying_A…a fortuneteller? :slight_smile: :smiley: :oops: :wink:

After the season ends Obie will have to take a long walk in the snow and figure out what coaching adjustments will have to be made( that's if Obie is still with us).

If they can MB, they'd better be qiuck about hiring a replacement because the Argos and Sask will also be in the market for HCs. Miller has said he's done coaching and Barker has all but done the same.

An Argo-Cat fan

Why not 25 years? Alex Ferguson celebrating 25 years as the manager (equivalent to coach) at Man U.

[url=http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/Ferguson+celebrates+25th+United+anniversary+with/5663958/story.html]http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/Fer ... story.html[/url]

A 500 career coach???
MB has never been a 500 coach…1 win his first, partial year…and HIRED anyway!
9 and 10 the next two seasons…not 9 and 9…playoff games count, I think, cuz that’s what the Grey Cup game is…

and 8 and 10 so far this year, … He’s 27 wins and 37 losses…that is a career .422 coach…far from 500…

…it’s a career LOSING COACH…he has NEVER had anything but losing seasons!!! Never…

As an Argo fan first, the norm now appears to hire up and coming OC's and we have three for sure worth consideration and all maybe hot commodities.
Unlike last year, Milanovich will go this year as a HC.
Dickensen is next and perhaps Crandell.

What about the fact that we had LaPolice here, and what looks like a loss for Montreal ( 37-1 ) now - that makes Winnipeg 1st in the East.
Now - let me see… going from last to 1st in 1 year. And we have gone 9-9, 9-9, 8-10. Do you see a pattern here?

If Montreal loses, then Hamilton has a chance to beat Montreal in the 1st round. Then anything can happen.
BUT - if Hamilton loses to Montreal, then MB is gone - you can take that to the bank.

:thdn: :thdn: :thdn: