HOW LONG YOU GONNA KEEP BELLEFEUILLE?

Haven't read Bob young on here in a long time :?

Let's see, you are the leader of a group of men who are successful just less than 50% of the time. What do you say when they win? and what do you say when they lose. All comments will positively and adversely affect the team moral and confidence. I say that Marcel has a tough job. Whip the men when they need it and support them when they need it.

The management and players I am sure are not happy with losses (especially with big losses). How do you support in tough times?

I have no idea what happens next weekend. My hope is that the 8 wins team shows up next weekend and next. With that effort and execution we get a berth in the Grey Cup.

Wouldn't that be awesome!

I don't care if we win the Grey Cup (well, I actually do)...

But we have to fire this guy.

The talent level has vastly improved.

The results haven't.

We suck. I enjoyed 3-15 more than I have enjoyed watching this group the last 2 years.

Yet, if Marcel is axed Chamblin will be in the running for the job … bank on it.

November 14th? LOL We shall see. Marcel has to win at least one playoff game to have a whiff of staying power, IMHO.

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Obie has to go TOO!! Former Season Ticket Holder 2001-2011 Detroit Lions Fan Since 2002. Onknight

Onknight you need to go. If we won the cup you would still complain and make up some excuse as to why we didn't deserve to win. Remind everyone what our record was before Obie got here.

A Grey Cup appearance may be in line for that whiff. :?

So now you are saying the team dentist should be fired too?? :roll:

8) Chamblin will also be a top choice for the Regina HC job.
 He has already stated some interest in it.

Apparently he lost out to Greg Marshall last year, in the final decision.
:thup:

Problem is we not got any better Since We regressed 8 and 10

I am saying no one Worried about a Toothless offence and Defence the can't get Turnovers
Hamilton has 2 Wins Road this year and there where Toronto and BC(when bc was bad)
we have good players but the coaching sucks and Obie will support Marcel to stay next year.
So he has to go too

Ralph Sazio is turning over in his Grave where so toothless.

Getting to the GC is the only way Bellefeuille can keep his job IMO and you can also make the argument that a GC win may even be required. If the Ti-Cats are knocked out in the playoffs and Obie is not willing to fire Bellefeuille, then, as mentioned by a previous poster, Obie will need to go also, or he may simply choose to retire.
After taking control, a three year time frame should be all that's needed for a good football operations group to effect the necessary changes to improve progressively and reach the championship by the third season. IMO, Obie and Marcel are well aware of this time frame since some of the personnel moves this season have an air of urgency (desperation?) to make it happen this year.

Some interesting and difficult decisions for the Ticats. A 70 year old GM, a .500 carreer coach, a .500 aging QB. Average Oline, average draft picks and a secondary that needs to be rebuilt and no obvious coach or GM candidates out there.

The only obvious thing is that if the org decides on a HC change it should hire a new GM first, not that OB has done a "bad" job but he's at the end of his run, so if they change the HC and OB hangs on for another year that means his replacement next year is saddled with his predecesor's coach or has to make another change at HC, that's not good.

If they stick with OB for another year better leave the coaching staff in place or they will send the organisation on a path to instability, you can add the tour the team is going on while IWS is being rebuilt and there are some stiff challenges.

I would not want to be Scott Mitchell or Bob Young... If it was me I'd probably stay the course or if they make changes they better make sure they have Obilovich's replacement in place.

If it was me I'd bring in OB's replacement and have them both work together for the next year to ensure a proper transition and make sure his replacement buys in to what is being put in place.

I have to agree with alot of what you say. As much as it pains me, I think we may need to allow MB and coaching staff one more season to gel and gain experience. Afterall, the OC and DC were rookies this season too along with alot of the players. The Bombers stunk last year but essentially stood pat and look at the turnaround they've experienced. Imagine if they had a more reliable QB.

As for the GM position....isn't Womack essentially being groomed to replace Obie?

Nice guy but should have been let go after last season. One guy I would seriously look at for head coach is Mike O'Shea but I doubt he would come to Hamilton. He gets the Canadian game. He often has his special teams do the UNEXPECTED which is so refreshing to see. Most coaches (especially ours) always follow the status quo. One example that drives me NUTS is on third and short yardage. We don't spread any men out and we don't have any running backs behind the QB. Gee I wonder what the play is going to be... QB sneak up the middle perhaps! We have no imagination on offense, nothing to keep the other teams guessing.

Jimmy: There is an explanation for the same play on third and short. Avon Coburne said from the sidelines last night that the Tiger-Cats use that play regardless of the defence because they know they can get that yard with the play.
Unfortunately he was proved wrong about 10 secs later when they did not get the yard they needed and had to turn the ball over!

I agree with Wallace.

I think we may need to allow MB and coaching staff one more season to gel and gain experience.

After all, the OC and DC were rookies this season too along with a lot of the players.

The Bombers stunk last year but essentially stood pat

and look at the turnaround they've experienced.

Imagine if they had a more reliable QB.

As for the GM position....isn't Womack essentially being groomed to replace Obie?

Jimmy: There is an explanation for the same play on third and short. Avon Coburne said from the sidelines last night that the Tiger-Cats use that play regardless of the defence because they know they can get that yard with the play.
Unfortunately he was proved wrong about 10 secs later when they did not get the yard they needed and had to turn the ball over!

The Tiger Cats OLine is marginal at best. Simmons was consistently beat on almost every play. Jimanez must be in the dog house and the locker room distraction because Simmons play is very suspect. As far as 3rd and short, there is no imagination or OLine push off the ball. Who is Kahari Jones trying to fool? The Tiger Cats use this play regardless of the defense.............there is the problem. Do the unexpected and at least make an effort. I see none of the above.High school football at best.

That happened once. Someone on the OL missed their block, we were sacked and knocked out of FG range