How long until Tom Higgins gets the boot?

Is it time now?

Well the original OC was fired in training camp, looks pretty stupid now.
Anyone know why he was fired? Must have been something big to fire a coach that early.

Yes,it's time. Fire him this weekend and replace him with Jim Popp FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE 2014 SEASON ONLY. Best option. Tom Higgins won't be with the Als in 2015 so why keep him for the last 10 games of the season.

Richard

What if he gets the commissioners job ? Maybe hang on to him until the league finds a replacement :smiley:

Higgins looked dazed at the end of the game and his decision not to throw the challenge flag on the long pass down field to Carter was mind boggling.

It was not because of a dissatisfaction with the playbook (who could know that quickly) or the offence’s philosophy. It was personal behaviour issues, rumoured to be drinking/drunkeness and inappropriate derogatory language (i.e., not “you didn’t do that properly”) used with players/coaches.

LOL, good one.

I wonder when Montreal will ever wake up and realize the best coach for their team was right in Winnipeg in Marcel Bellefeuille
I think he would make a great coach for the Al's and he's doing such a great job with the Bombers this year with Drew Willy, I never was a big fan of Tom Higgins as a coach or as the head of officials, maybe as an assistant coach but that's about it.

Montreal get it right and hire Marcel B next season as your head coach, I can see Higgins getting yanked soon and replaced by Popp again as a fill in coach??

Just an added note to my previous post about replacing Tom Higgins with Marcel Bellefeuille as head coach of Montreal, also the Al's need to start recruiting good Canadian talent from within the system and especially home brewed talent from Quebec, it seems like the Tiger-Cats over the years have done just that and good quality players from Sherbrook, Laval, McGill and so on.

The last President to be fired, agreed publicly echoed the same sentiments, was fired a few months later. There is a bumper crop of great Q prospects next spring. We will see if things change but I doubt it. Will be interesting to see if Lumbala and Edem extend or if we lose them for nothing…