How long is Glenn's leash?

Il est beaucoup trop tôt pour clouer Glenn sur le pilori. Il a dirigé une bonne partie à Winnipeg, malgré plusieurs passes imprécises et a connu une très mauvaise partie contre Ottawa. Mais ce n'est que la deuxième partie de la saison. Il arrive encore une fois avec une nouvelle équipe et doit bâtir sa complicité avec son personnel de receveurs, lequel vient d'être amputé de son meilleur élément. Qu'on le veuille ou non, sans Green, l'attaque des Alouettes est beaucoup moins intimidante.

Par ailleurs, j'ai trouvé que la protection de Glenn était souvent déficiente. Il a été pressé souvent, frappé souvent. Il est donc plus difficile de pouvoir réussir dans ces conditions. Il va falloir que les Alouettes escomptent mieux la petite taille de Glenn. La protection doit être plus éloignée de lui pour qu'il repère mieux ses cibles. Nous savons que Glenn aura son lot de mauvaises parties. Ça a été son cas toute sa carrière. Mais pour l'instant, il demeure un bon élément pour permettre aux jeunes quarts-arrières d'apprendre le métier. Les Alouettes ne seront pas une équipe championne cette année, mais si avec Glenn elle demeure dans la course et s'aligne vers une saison qui a des chances d'être gagnante, ce sera une bonne progression. Si par contre l'équipe retombe de façon prolongée dans les affres de l'année dernière, il faudra envisager un autre scénario.

You can't ask more from this young O-line than what they're giving. He hasn't been sacked and if there is pressure coming, he's a veteran QB who should be able to find his hot read and complete the throw. One way he can help himself out is to do a better job of reading the field pre-snap. Like you, I've noticed a number of occasions when we had a man wide open on a secondary route but Glenn never saw him.

Honestly, I think Calvillo has called great plays in both games, but there's only so much the OC can do when the QB is short-hopping passes and missing open receivers.

Absolument. Mais il va falloir plusieurs parties pour voir si Glenn peut faire fonctionner cette attaque ou s’il n’y parviendra jamais.

Exactly dicipline the play calling has been good. Idk if it's glenn reads or just his throws that are off. One problem I see is he isn't very mobile . I only saw one play where he slipped away from the rush and bought extra time

He’s never been mobile, so I don’t expect it of him. I am surprised at the mechanical issues with his passes.

Could be old bones. 19 years is hard on a body

Glenn n’a pas été beaucoup partant dans ses 15 ans de carrière, aussi ces années ont été moins dommageables que pour un quart qui aurait été partant pendant 11 ans, disons.

Glenn est Glenn. Il aura de bonnes parties et des parties affreuses, avec en principe un peu plus de bonnes parties que de d’affreuses parties. Il ne mènera pas les Alouettes à gagner la Coupe Grey.

I wouldn't write off Glenn's chances of leading a team to a Grey Cup. Kerry Joseph has a Grey Cup ring and he was never even half the QB Glenn is.

Interestingly, support for only giving Glenn a half of football to shape up has increased in the last day or so.

Yeah … wasn’t that the season the CFL had the weakest MOP award finalists ever … Joseph and Glenn.

Glenn is what Glenn is. He is better than what the Als got for the VAST majority of last season but we also have to recognize that he is in the bottom half/third of starting QBs across the CFL.

Unfair IMO. Glenn had a great season statistically but was unfortunate enough to break his arm in the division final, thereby preventing him from starting in the Cup game his team lost.

Glenn is what Glenn is. He is better than what the Als got for the VAST majority of last season and [b][u]can[/u][/b] win, but we also have to recognize that he is in the bottom half/third of starting QBs across the CFL and is more of a manger than a driver.
I see him not so much as a manager but a feast-or-famine guy. He can be absolutely hot for a game or consecutive games, but go ice-cold for protracted stretches.

Haven't really seen enough of his career to know if he's a manager or inconsistent but what I have seen is he isn't the most accurate guy. Not sure if it's a slump or just his mo but if he doesn't start winning not sure how long I'd wait to try cato

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_gridiron_football_quarterbacks_passing_statistics

Rank Name Tenure Leagues Attempts/Complétions Comp % Touchdowns Interceptions Yardage QB Rating
16 Kevin Glenn 2001 – present CFL 5,648/3,526 62.4% 255TD 182INT 46,266Y 89.9

Glenn a fait de bonnes choses et de moins bonnes choses. Son QB rating témoigne de l’ensemble de sa carrière : bien mais rien d’extraordinaire, sinon les conditions dans lesquelles il a accumulé autant de gains aériens.

I feel that at this particular point in time, with a young o-line that has not quite gelled, with no Green and Sutton, with a 1st year offensive system, Glenn`s experience gives us the best chance to win games. I would continue to ride him despite his historical negatives we have talked about.

I do not want to see Cato thrown to the wolves quite yet.

His touchdown to interception ratio is average at best. A good solid career, not a great one.

Glenn has had a long ,productive career but non of that matters if he can't win now. I believe popp needs to start playing cato even if it's just situational. If the kid produces let him go .and contrary to popular belief I believe the same goes for adams. These guys are the future and if you are struggling why not get them reps. Otherwise you start next season with the same issues. I'm not saying you take glenn out of the mix . If he's on let him go but if not wth

That’s a clear-headed view of the situation. I think I agree, especially the part in bold. If Glenn is on and producing, sure, give him the starts. But if he’s off, it’s next man up, because he sure as hell ain’t the future. I also agree that situational packages for Cato would be good, not just for Cato’s development, but because Cato throws a better ball than Glenn and can attack the field in ways Glenn can’t (accurate sideline throws, deep ball, etc.).

Under Schonert and company’s vanilla playbook, throwing in a rookie would cause him to regress. For the time in 4 years we appear to have decent coaching, so I expect Cato and Adams to gradually improve.

That being said, I expect Glenn to rebound.

Agreed. At the very least prep a couple of packages for Cato each week and use him as a change of pace during the game. He may not be the scrambler/runner that some change of pace QBs are but he is more mobile than Glenn and seems to have a bigger arm. Also, if Adams is to the the 3rd down QB prep some plays for him in those scenarios; the odd run, option play or pass thrown in will make the sneaks easier.

Exactly dicipline I'm not against glenn whatsoever just think he's not the guy everyday . Sheltering the young guys is not helping them develop although I've been ridiculed for that statement. Basically I believe you should use every asset in the arsenal. Rookies , inexperience or not, they are pros now make them earn their money