How do you rate your home town media?

Just curious how the media treated your home team in your home town in 2005.

In BC, The Province Newspaper covered the Lions so much better than the Vancouver Sun. From Monday to Friday CKNW night time sport show gave the Lions minimal coverage until a different host on the weekends came on and the coverage was 10 times better. Team 1040 was marginally better.

On a scale of 1(Being best) to 5 (Being Bad) how would you rate your home town coverage?

I'll give the media in BC a 3 it could be better but an improvement over 2004.

The media in Calgary had so many positives to work with this season that of course they would rate high. The season before they would be rock bottom.

the hometown media in my town is awesome
of course, I AM the hometown media here, LOL

....media in general....has to be emabarassed about their coverage of the CFL.....Winnipeg Free Press....has always given the Bombers fair coverage....but CJOB radio is the big gun for the Big Blue....all over coverage ......9 for the radio station.....5 for the rest.... :oops: make that a 2 for CJOB....sorry Sportsmen ...I knid of reversed things....

The media starts off great here then slowly turns as the NFL and NHL start.
I must admit that CJAD radio does a great job. They broadcast the game and even have a Sunday night call in show with Allouette players as guests when ever it is possible.

The Saskatoon paper, gives pretty bad coverage of the Riders, about 1/2 or less then the articles in the Regina Leader-Post. The TV gives alright coveragfe, but definetly could do a heck of a lot better. I never listen to the radio, so I am not sure about it.

a five for Atlanta, even when Steigall (a fellow Atlantian) did so well in the with BC, the media here thought it was more important to conver a story about a fire fighter saving a cat from a tree. :roll:

http://www.riderfans.com/images/smilies/rofl1.gif
Idoits!
http://www.riderfans.com/images/smilies/rofl1.gif

Was the cat a Tiger Cat...there known to swing from tree's..
They do need profesional help sometimes...

Huh? sorry HTT, I didn’t get that?

Tiger-Cats rock!

I was talking about the Hamilton type of cat's....

I give Chicago a 2 because they pretty much only focus on the Cubs and not the White Sox, but they do a very good job with the Bears and the Bulls.

For Washington D.C., a 4 because of the coverage with the Redskins, Nationals, and Wizards. Plus they do a somewhat decend job with D.C. United and Capitals.

You are right hank, us Tiger-Cats do need professional help as this season you will notice that they will be crushing the living day lights out of the other teams and the players will feel sorry for causing so much physical pain on their opponents that they will really need some help to deal with this very, well what should I say, fortunate situation. :smiley:

Winnipeg = 10/10

and this is bad how? the White Soxs sux.

Really Kanga, how can you say that?

Besides in the past 25 years the White Sox has more winning seasons, more division pennants, and a higher winning percentage than the Cubs.

Plus the White Sox won the championship 3 times, compared to the Cubs 2. Even before last year, the White Sox were the last team to go to the World Series (1959, Cubs 1945) and the last team to win it (1917, Cubs 1908). Also let me remind you that the one time that both the Cubs and White Sox played against each other in the World Series (1906), the White Sox won. And we White Sox fans don't celebrate losing, like the Cub fans do.

So clearly we are the better team in Chi-Town.

.......don't waste your time silo, KK's position is probably based on some obscure fact like how maybe the Sox traded a player with the Diamondbacks, who because of their association with the city of Pheonix puts them in the same category as the Coyotes who are eternally damned in KKs mind to rot in hell.........this would all be very logical in KKs mind.......

oh so true RW (the coyotes being damned in hell), but not quite.

THE WHITE SOX ARE A DISGRACE TO SPORTS IN GENERAL!!! WHY? THE 1919 WORLD SERIES, THAT'S WHY! PLAYERS TWROWING THE CHAMPSHIP FOR MONEY!!!! VERY LOW!!!! AND HAS FOREVER DISTANDED THE NAME WHITE SOX WITH FRAUD!!!!

CHICAGO'S BASEBALL TEAM YOU SAY? MAY I REMIND YOU THAT BEFORE THEY WERE PROFESSIONAL, THE CLUB MOVED, THAT'S RIGHT!. MOVED!!!, FROM MINNESOTA!!!, TO CHICAGO!!!! AND THEY SHOULD HAVE MOVED IN THE 1970'S TO SEATTLE!

THE CHICAGO WHITE SOX SHOULD FOLD, AND THE NAME SHOULD NEVER BE USED AGAIN.

I propose that the Cubs and the WS should merged and the new team made up of the best players be renamed the Chicago Cubs and the histories of both should be merged so that the 2005 World Sesries Championship can be the Cubs, thus finally ending the goat cruse. Then the AL should grant an expansion team made up of the remaining players to Austin, TX and be named the Austin Fury.

THE CHICAGO CUBS, 2005 "MLB" CHAMPIONS!!

What then.....you must think they copied their logo from someone else.....that's the other "logical" argument you use.....

1919 World Series and fact that they are from Minnesota, not Chicago, proves that they aren't Chicago team.

.....except that they're called the CHICAGO White Sox.....