How do the Argos get 10,000 more fans?

Tannen-Bell swung for the fences and struck out. They wanted BMO full and they thought hosting the Grey Cup would do it. They should have lowered expectations and hoped BMO, and the parties, would have be enough to improved over 2015 - not sell out, just take a baby step. Then you use the Grey Cup in 2017 to take a bigger next step.

Bad planning all the way around.

…Appears at this point in time you are correct…They still might sell out the Cup but discounting tix sure doesn’t look good and I don’t think anyone could see it going that way…I read through some of your suggestions and there’s some good ideas there…Enhance the game experience for sure and try different ideas that suits the market…I’ve always thought Pinball should be heading up Argo promotions…He has the gift of the gab…where is he??..A city with the population of T.O. and surrounding area presents a nice target for proper promotions…I can’t believe someone hasn’t figured out what works and what doesn’t by now…On field product for sure has to be improved, as well as off, then this team can start building a solid foundation and future…It can be done…

I hope you’re right. I just don’t think Tannen-Bell thought it would be this difficult.

Sometimes you just have to say, oh tannen bell oh tannen bell you've screwed up soo bad. haha.

I have no idea where my mind goes sometimes. I'm not even drinking yet but we'll be in order to watch my Argos get smacked by my wife's Stamps.

You are not taking the same drug Brandon is taking are you?

Hell no. haha

[i]A better question would be: how do the Argwhores not LOSE another 10 000 fans?

[/i]

seems like the Argos already have 10,000 more fans, just need to get them to the ball park and that starts with the team performance.

[url=https://press.cfl.ca/eskimos-leading-cfl-in-national-tv-ratings-argos-18-49-audience-jumps-52-in-toronto]https://press.cfl.ca/eskimos-leading-cf ... in-toronto[/url]

"In addition to an year-over-year increase in overall ratings, Argos home game broadcasts on TSN have seen an 18% increase in average audiences compared to home games in 2015. As well, in the specific Toronto Extended Market, there is a 52% increase in the key 18-49 demographic for Argos home games."

Wow! As a Argos season ticket holder, this is encouraging. OK Michael...How do you get those eyeballs into seats?

They sure didn’t get any help from Barkovich.

They didn’t use common sense, either. Everything was a mess.

Barker has to stop eating all of the food at the concessions stands. Leave some cold hot dogs and dry hard pretzels for the fans!

Why would the casual fan want to watch boring Miloball. Sitting in my yard with a beer watching grass grow is more exciting. Milanovich and Bob 'Fat Vegetarian'Barker have to go.

I'd approach Blake Nil who's coaching UBC. He won the Vanier with them last year and has been successful at every CIS stop. He's a no bs type of guy.

They can get another 10000 fans by moving to London QC or Moncton..

…No wonder the stands are empty lol…Suggestion set up a concession with some good ol Mont. poutine…that’ll get the crowd going…Orrrr bring in some of former Bomber ,Obie Khan’s Shawarma from IGF…delicious stuff that can heat you up and coming back for more…c’mon Tarranna, we know you must have some good food that’ll make the game experience… let’s say a little more palatable.

Folks, I'm a little torn on this one. It seems to me they some positive moves but it sure hasn't worked out for tickets sold. I cam in from the Hammer to see a few games this year and was fairly impressed. There was a beer cart and a hot dog vendor at the top of every staircase, never any lineups. The Argos have certainly tried to improve the pregame experience with live bands and a tailgate area with $4(!!!!) beers and $7 tallboys. There seems to be some positive comments in the Toronto media, hopefully this filters down to more tickets next year. Some better home dates would definitely help.

Brain Cooper, on PTS, suggested University Date Night - bring your gf to a game for $35 and cheap beer. He also said the Argos sold tickets thru the Argos instead of using MLSE and that was a mistake - there are major efficiencies coming that will reduce cost and increase the ticket base.

Cut the ticket prices in half next year across the board and watch the stadium finally fill up . Once they get things going gradually and slowly bring ticket prices up to other markets prices just not Montreal's ( I don't know how they do it ) .

The marketing , branding and event style party is fantastic . Love the atmosphere at BMO and I will return . Just get those prices down and you will get some more loyal fans . There were 17,000 at the game and me and my guest loved it at BMO . We both said the game atmosphere compared to Rogers was night and day . Maybe it was the Bacardi concessions talking but it was as enjoyable as any other stadium and was similar in nature to McGill only with better concessions , seats and roof . I will going back for sure .

Glad you had fun and good for you for going. I’m don’t think we will see a cut in price.

As I said before, I think the CFL likes higher prices even if it means less fans because, once they do the math, they are ahead…

Better to sell 15,000 seats at an average price of $75 than sell 27,000 seats at an average of $30.

They use to have cheap seats and they have no intention of going back.

I think the Argos situation is different than other markets Kev and you first need the fans then up the prices after.

The other markets don't have a major league baseball team playing 81 home games , NBA team , a world exposed
TIFF festival , Moto Race circuit , Rogers Cup , World Cup , World Juniors , Friendlies in Soccer facing Premier league ,
AHL team , NHL team called the Leafs who have legions of loyal fans and a cross section of a multi cultural festivities that are bigger there than anywhere else like the Caribana festival . They also have the NFL close by with the BILLs .

There is just too much competition for the entertainment dollar in TO to start out like that . Build it first with competitive pricing not just the ends of the stadium seats .

With a new improved schedule I expect a better turn out but cut the prices in half and get the bums in the stadium .
With the lower prices you will get more families and the future for the CFL in Toronto .

Everything else they are doing is great I think there marketing is first class and the game day experience is fantastic .
Get them there then build a good team that will be treated well by the market . Thank goodness the Argos were not good this year it would have been a lot worse if they were a good team and the tickets were not selling both for the Argo season and the Grey Cup . It's a blessing in disguise .