HOW DARE YOU WIN? LMAO - the postgame thread

Porter had some rust early on but the fact was he did move the ball. If it were not for dropped passes and turnovers the Cats would have been in control. What I like about Porter is the fact the he does not seem to get rattled. He is pretty calm back there. On the second and short i thought to myself. now is the time to go for the bomb. Not really much of a risk.

I can only IMAGINE the outcry had that Trafalis to ABIII pass not worked, YIKES!!

The Pitchfork Posse would have the midnight oil burning for sure!!!

Well, only if it had been picked, being second-and-one. Again, it will be interesting to see how far the “Pitchfork Posse” – good one – want to beech about a BIG WIN.

Oski Wee Wee,

Here is TSN.ca's wrap-up of the game: http://tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=291643

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

And now some stats from the game that I wanted to see have been posted here: http://www.ticats.ca/statistics/statsGame/id/475

Rushing
Name No Yards TD Fum
COBB, D 17 85 0 1
PORTER, Q 7 63 0 2

As you can see there, both Cobb and Porter fumbled, but they gained some rushing yards for us. But Cobb made some other contributions, as you’ll see here next:

Receiving
Name No Yards Lg TD
BRUCE, A 6 105 36 2
COBB, D 5 51 22 0
MCDANIEL, M 4 61 20 0
CURRIE, A 3 47 23 0
GRANT, C 2 18 10 0

You’ll also see that AB3 once again had 100+ rec. yards, I think it was only last week and in his 1st game here that he’s has fewer than 100 rec. yards. McDaniel caught what was thrown to him, and he should be a starting receiver. It was also good to see Currie do well in place of Rodriguez, and those numbers don’t include that missed FG return. I’m surprised to see Grant get more rec. yards than Stala, but that “other” local receiver did well when he needed to.

Great post. Beveridge does deserve some credit, he made tackles when he had to, and that pass knockdown was a good one.

And it was said that the Stamps were the champs and were hitting their stride, and that we lost three of our last four. They were on a winning streak, were getting some respect, but I think we got some respect of our own by beating them.

Marcel Bellefeuille to the team in the locker room tonight: "I am proud to be your coach!" Indeed!

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Catch the vids on the page if you can tonight – great vids with reactions by Bruce and Burris, Floyd getting his Movado from Suitor, and Marcel addressing the men after a marvelous win!

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

That was some Al Pacino any given sunday s$*# right there, “we put down the defending champs” :rockin:

Fabulous Defense all night.

Good recovery from Cobb.

Bruuuuuuuuuce!!!!

Thats my, 14 beers at the stadium synopsis.

That quote from Marcel sums up for me why he is the right coach with the right team at the right time. He’s showing his confidence in his team… sticking with QP during a shaky start, calling a fantastic bomb from Tafralis to Bruce, going for it on 3rd and short deep in our own end late i the fourth quarter to maintain possession and kill time to help seal the win. This is the kind of confidence that is repaid by the players, motivating them to reach higher still. This is leadership.

There are lots of games left and we shouldn’t book tickets to the Grey Cup victory party just yet, but I feel better about our team and its prospects than I have in quite a while, and Marcel is a big part of the reason why.

Well, as much as I ENJOYED the WIN ... I just happen to have a spare PITCHFORK in my shed ... and so a few OBSERVATIONS.

First the GOOD ...

The DEFENSE played stellar all night and gave the SPUTTERING offense enough chances to pull the game out. As noted, Beveridge played well - his open field tackle on Reynolds, late in the game, was good football. Otis was a MENACE, and the D-Line was SOLID all night.

Quinton, and Cobb should be COMMENDED on their poise and determination to OVERCOME their respective TD contributing FUMBLES. It was nice to see QP going DEEP again. As mentioned, if Daniels hangs on to that one bomb the game looks a little different. However, the Bruce III drop is MOOT as there was an offensive PENALTY on the play.

Adam Trafalis' TD throw was the BEST of the night. Who knows what happens if that completion wasn't made.

The NOT so GOOD ...

Quinton was NOT EXACTLY lights out. A bad INT, and inopportune FUMBLE won't look good in the film room. While they are studying, they will also notice a few MISSED open receivers and poor decisions.

Penalties, poor execution (drops etc.), and turnovers STIFLED the offense all night. All of these things need to be addressed.

One MUST admit, the PHANTOM roughing call at the end of the game pretty much closed the door on Calgary's night, definitely robbing them of the opportunity to repeat their last minute heroics (a la Edmonton).

Overall, I'd say Calgary brought their C game. Even DeAngelis missed a fairly routine (for him) FG.

But, alas, a WIN is a WIN.

Congrats to the Ticats! One step closer to the PO's.

Peace.

Thanks for being fair while toting pitchfork, Mean. LOL It certainly wasn't pretty, but taking this over the last few years' effort, count me in! :wink:

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Thanks for being fair while toting pitchfork, Mean.
What can I say, I must have woke up on the right side of the bed this morn.

As you said, winning is a cure all - even for pitchfork wielding blow-hards. All that, AND imminent Canadian Tour dates for Gov’t Mule - goes a long way toward brightening my usually dim view.

Take care, sir.

P.S Do you block ALL PM’s … or just the Blowhards’?

Here is a link to a nice article on last night's game titled "Ticats let the good times roll" by Jeff Blair on the Globe and Mail website today including a photo of the Ticat fan during his "high-wire" performance on the crossbar of the east end goal post.

[url=http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/football/ticats-let-the-good-times-roll/article1294104/]http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/f ... le1294104/[/url]

The Bruce drop was not MOOT…the penalty was a dead ball foul after the play…the play and TD would have counted…

I watched the game on tv. The “phantom” roughing call might have been payback for Calgary hitting Porter head on head all night…one when he was sliding --without a penalty…he was talking to the ref’s about it and he put it in their heads which played a part in the call…

The biggest positive for me tonight was the attitude of the team and the coaches. We were trying our best to lose a game we should have walked away with, and I for one lost my composure and became frustrated and angry at the mistakes and missed opportunities. The Ticats, fortunately, did not. I saw them cheering each other on and staying positive instead of hanging their heads. In past years, they would have folded. I saw Kevin Glenn urging the fans on to cheer late in a game that he watched, when he would have had every right to be sulking. I saw AB3 tell the TSN cameras that the game was only tied.

We were 5 and 5 and on the verge of either joining the upper or lower echelon of the league. This game could define us as contenders or pretenders.

The players have spoken as to where they believe we belong.

Try again, Mean. :wink:

Actually if Bruce had caught it, it would have counted, because the penalty was after the play.

So, not MOOT.

The only worrisome aspect of the D was its inability to stop the run. Reynolds ran all over Marshall's boys last night with 13 carries for 127 yards and a scary 9.7-yard average. The pass defense was stellar, the run defense poor. Fortunately, Cortez kept the ball out of Reynolds's hands when it mattered most.

Someone's got to stop calling these games a test for how good the ticats really are because the same people who call it a true test are totally unconvinced that the ticats had anything to do with the win afterwards. Bugs the hell outta me.

Phantom hit to the head on Porter?? Ummm seriously?? They should be thankful that they actually got away with it the first time.

I loved Tafralis' post game reaction. lol.

I wanted to throw up after those 2 turnovers, but by the end of the game I was grinning like a fool.