How could Ottawa pass up Drew Willy ???

Can anyone out there tell me why Ottawa picked Glenn and DeMarco over Drew Willy. What the hell was Desjardins smoking ??? The more I see of this guy, the more I think Ottawa management made a major mistake. Instead we have the oldest QB in the league !!! WTF ??? :frowning:

Drew Willy was a free agent, and Ottawa said they were not going to pick up free agent to be players in the expansion draft because you risk losing them and getting nothing. They could have gone harder for him in free agency, but he was an unproven guy with a whopping 2 or 3 starts in this league.

Thank you. I was unaware of that.

:thup:

In light of his performance in yesterday's game, this thread has become a little ironic. :lol:

maybe its time to start DeMarco as he's the future , in the limited time that he had against Sask I thought that he looked not bad , but lets see what he can do with a full week of practice with the 1st team and the oppositions starters ?
just might be the next Willy.

Yes, he's THE FUTURE - not now. Burris is the guy that they are paying the big bucks to, still 12 games to go.