How come.....

How come losing because of injury cannot be used as an excuse, like someone saying "oh we lost because we lost half our secondary". But winning when injured can be used to amplify the victory, isnt that kind of a double standard? shouldnt it not matter at all Lemme know...

...I think what you'll find here, in terms of tolerance, is determined by the context in which the issue of injuries-as-an-excuse is being used.....

...lets say a poster in a pregame discussion says 'my team, even with injuries, is still vastly superior to your team, and they will crush your pitiful team, but if they don't, then it was because of our injuries'....sure, thats a bit extreme, but you get the idea maybe?....

...so to answer your question, from a fans p.o.v., losing because of injuries is a viable excuse, and winning in spite of injuries allows amplification of the victory, but being able to do so without scorn from others is dependant entirely on your pregame attitude to the issue...

...on a side note, should injuries be an issue anyway?....should a coach look at a backup DB say and figure, 'well, because your a second string guy we are going to allow you leeway to make mistakes'...I'd say no, that your second and third string guys when called upon are require to step it up to not just replace the injured player, but even vie to remain in that position upon return of the first stringer...by this opinion, injuries should have little to no affect on a teams performance, good teams will persevere....

...hope that helps....

While I agree that injuries can play a factor in a win or a lose. The simple fact of the matter is that this is professional sports. Therefore backups need to be able to play.

If some injuries are going onto the 3rd or 4th game (i.e. Dickenson) there is no reason for using him as an excuse. The back up have started for 3 games already....

And, its a team sport...some famous coach said "You are only as good as your weakest player".

However, once a team gets into multiple injuries at key positions then while it is an excuse, its also a reality.

Like Red pointed out, a poster can twist and use injuries depending on how he wants to use it.