How Badly does CFL need its Own Channel?

i would say CFL total access once weekly, and maybe do a game of the week type thing every saturday. during the regular season mabe you could have it 3 times a week.

There's the broad band archive, $3.95/game, get off your wallet and start supporting the league. :wink:

It's not just watching the games over again, it's knowing who's who, and what's going on from a player/coach/GM/league perspective.

I really do like CFL Snap, make a point of watching it just about all of the time. Maybe a one hour version of this type of show would be enough and in the off season, instead of every week, every other week or whatever.

Given the problems with the NFL channel....no thanks...the cfl doesn't need one....

Admittedly both LeafsTV and RaptorsTV cost the organizations and Rogers Corp. far more than they earn. Both sides are happy though. They see it as an opportunity to market their teams and network coast-to-coast. The teams can't officially include merchandise into the equation but it has been estimated that losses have been offset with merchandise and other significant revenue increases. Rogers has said that they see partnerships like this one with 'the home team' (Rogers also hails from Toronto) and its expanded sports bundle as a result of the channels development, as a no-brainer despite the costs.

Weird huh? No ArgosTV. And with that said, I think its safe to assume if Rogers doesn't think it'll be worth while it most likely won't!

kel

I did vote no on this, but there are some possibilities here. If the network was created, they could do a show on Free Agents, do a CFL type half-hour show(like CFL Snap), have insider shows on all CFL teams, do an actual live broadcast of the CFL draft, have call-in shows, etc. When the season starts they could do TC reports on all the teams, pre-game and post game shows.

i think the best you could hope for is a website. i would like to see the combine and draft though.

I know one thing, if ever there was to be a cfl network, I would really hope it would not be run by the keystone clowns running the cfl.

i think we can all agree we need some way to access the cfl in the off season, even if it's just a 30 minute show every week. an insider website would be good to, and a network would be great.

No one here ever takes any initiative. They ask for things but really who has the vision. If you want something done right, do it yourself!

kel