How bad can macbeth get? 2022 game vs lions, jun 26

Ah but that was a classic just like when Angelo hit Joe Capp with his cane during broadcast of CFL 100th. I'm sure you'll remember that emanated from the 65 Grey Cup between Cats and Lions. Mosca hit B.C. fab back Willie Fleming out of bounds and put him out of the game. Capp went ballistic then and again 50 + years later. The Bethel Thompson -Dimwit-less thing was just rude.. now if it had ended in a dust up !! Fair ball

Hi Tipper. I started watching the Ti-Cats in 1980 so I wouldn't be old enough to have witnessed the Sazio vs Mosca fight. Do you know what it was about and when it happened? I love learning about all these legendary stories. Thanks.

In regards to the MBT incident I thought he was pretty disrespectful to his coach. It could have been handled differently.

Nothing special there, that was everyday Angelo. I'm sure he would have hit his mother if he thought she was getting in his face. He was a one of a kind dirty, mean player and totally hated everywhere but in Hamilton. He was one of a kind in those days. Now those headhunters are a dime a dozen in pro football and the weekly injury list shows it. Angelo was truly a man before his time.

1 Like

And.. Chris Streveler is a free agent. If he'd consider returning to CFL
T.O. would be an ideal landing spot as I believe he could take over almost immediately.. but T.O. would be like Purgatory until they decide who id going or staying, coach, management and player wise. I believe MLSE has got to and will step in.. and MBT should step out.
Pipkin will never be a starter but he's a capable backup who can do the short yardage thing as why have your #1 pound in there.. but that was Strev's forte' with Bombers.

Now give the starter job to Kelly and let him run with it

I haven't seen enough of Kelly to comment. But Dim Whit says MBT is his guy. Bring Barker back as coach and elevate Kelly and see if a change in culture can right the ship... or sink it totally. It's alright to be a passionate player but that sideline outburst by the guy that's supposed to be your leader in the field was inexcusable and coach reaction shows that he hasn't got control of the team.

2 Likes

Dinwiddie looked like a Mom who was about to cave in to her child's tantrum. I half-expected he was going to walk over to MBT and give him a lolly-pop.

Dinwiddie needs to assert himself that he is the authority otherwise players will lose respect.

1 Like

Amen
As one post said.. can you imagine him doing that to Ralph Sazio and/or Wally Bono ? If I was a T.O.
O lineman who it seems BT was ranting about, next play i'd have stepped aside and let the defence have at him. There are seasoned Vets like Brady and Rogers i've seen show displeasure with their O line but they have earned the right to do so and it was never an explosion by a QB like BT that is marginal at best himself.. as in being big and strong and couldn't push his way into the end zone. There are some coaches who are firery, some controlled like O'Shea but rest assured that they are in charge. Dim Witty seemed lost and confused.

1 Like

All quiet on the Argo front so far this week. Licking their wounds I expect. Going to be interesting to see how much protection MBT gets against Jefferson and jeffcoat if Cage and Allen are out next Monday. Andrew Harris is going to have to come up big against his old buddies.

looks like bombers made the right call in NOt re-signing harris

| DoubleBlue
June 29 |

• | - |

BigDaddyJazz640:

...ke Brady and Rogers i've seen show displeasure with their O line but they have earned the right to do so and it was never an explosion by a QB like BT that is marginal at best himself.. as in being big and strong and couldn't push his way into the end zone. There are some coaches who are firery, some controlled like O'Shea but rest assured that they are in charge. Dim Witty seemed lost and confused.

All quiet on the Argo front so far this week. Licking their wounds I expect. Going to be interesting to see how much protection MBT gets against Jefferson and jeffcoat if Cage and Allen are out next Monday. Andrew Harris is going to have to come up big against his old buddies.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

Andrew is a pro and unless he's hurting he's up to the task. As you know he only needs a fraction of a second and a small

hole

Very debatable. They are getting sweet f**k all from the two that they are paying $180,000 against the sms. Harris would have been less and produced more so shove that argument.

Statistics aside. It was a giant kick in the nuts for a guy that did nothing other than give everything he had to give on the football field. That's the way Winnipeg rolls though. Load up the bus for another run and tell the guy that paid for the bus there is no room. Bombers covered Harris's salary in jersey sales alone. Zach Collaros does not have his rings and fat contract without Andrew Harris.

There could have so much better of a way to do it for the player and for the community. It won't matter if Harris gets 100 yds or breaks 1000 he has earned the respect of players and fans across the country. It will be good that he retires as an Argo.

1 Like

How can they never get a CFL talent QB??

they get them then get rid of them

Because they might win as with Flutie and Ricky.. horrors. Now if Harold Ballard were alive he could buy the Argos and turn it in to a morass of mediocracy like he did with the Leafs. He made the bucks by owning and paying a very few
good players and running with hasbeens or neverwas to fill the ranks. Mind you that was with the storied Maple Leafs whose fans filled the seats irregardless of the fact the product was sub standard.
There was a saying that in the elite Toronto families, upon the death of the Patriarch, the favoured son got the Leaf's season tickets, the second son $1,000,000.

Now that is hilarious
And accurate

Not to make this into a leaf chat...but how have they done since Pal Hal passed away over 30 years ago....maybe have half a dozen good years???
Someone has to tell the leafs, you have to make the Stanley Cup finals to win the Cup....mind you these days someone has to tell them to make it past the first round.....even the crappy habs have won more rounds in the playoffs.

But back to CFL and Pal Hal....I thought he was great... lost $1M on the cats year after year, but stayed loyal. I miss his jolly personality. RIP

pal hal taught subsequent owners that u can make $ w/ the leafs w/o needing to win a chip - leafs have not won a chip since '67 and somehow they still sell tickets - even habs cant do that

1 Like

"How can they NEVER get a CFL talent QB?"

Ricky Ray was with the Argos from 2012 to 2018 and brought them four Grey Cups.

" ricky ray won a Grey Cup championship four times as a starter, in 2003, 2005, 2012, 2017"
wikipedia
google is your friend