How Ashamed-July 1st

in porters defence, its tough to have a feel for the game comming in late in the 4th in the shadows of your own goal posts.
given how bad glenn was playing, porter shoulda started the 4th.

to defend glenn somewhat, I thought he hurt his left leg just before throwing the last 2 ints. I figure that must have factored in.

The offence cost us this one. I know its a team sport and I'm the last one to point out individuals but Glenn is on a nasty string of over-throws and today THAT was the difference hands down.

The coaching staff pulled him at the right time. It was either that or let him finish the game. Any earlier would have been premature.

As much as Glenn deserves some criticism, there were many dropped balls.

More importantly, it seemed the receivers were well covered most of the game. They couldn’t seem to shake the man-to-man coverage so what were the QBs supposed to do?

The QBs either had to eat the ball and run (or get sacked), throw up interceptions (the game-changing interception was a poorly thrown ball) or had good passes dropped.

It is only one game and hopefully it will be a reality check.

That game was frustrating, I said in the second quarter that with any offense the game could have been in the books by then and that if we let then hang around we'll make a mistake and won't be able to recover from it. Sure enough...it happened. But at the same time, I think about how good the defense looked, the kicking game, the pass protection, the fact that we have a running game.....and it has me salivating at the potential. Now I look at the plethora of receivers we have and the season that Kevin Glenn had last year, and I find it hard to believe they won't put it together. In the end, I think we need to find the right combination of receivers and we'll be fine. I'd like to see Williams dress, we've seen his speed and it appeared as though our receivers had trouble gaining any separation (Exception=Mann). Then we have Bakari Grant and a 1,000 yard receiver on the injured list. Bellefuille worries me....but i'll give him a pass for another week. I see the Argos are going to continue winning games they have no business even being in.

Bellefeuille may have lost the team in game one. Interesting...

And I do have a couple of beefs with some calls.

When the Bombers were deep in the east end, at one point they had 13 men in the huddle, the ref was getting an ear full from the TiCat bench and must have claimed he hadn't blown the whistle yet so it was OK.

When Stala went down coming to the sidelines (after having the ball ripped from his hands), one of the Bombers (#84?) seemed to be mocking him (like he was faking) and turned him over, leading to a bit of a scrum between the teams.

Why was there not an unsportmanlike conduct penalty called after that stunt?

Mann also ran the wrong route on that pass. Coach Sal spotted it. Can’t blame it on Porter who threw the pass before Mann made his half-hearted cut.

AB3 needs a boot up his a$$. It seemed like he couldn’t catch a cold. Two BEAUTIFUL passes from Porter that HIT HIM IN THE HANDS and he drops them. I wonder if he was sabotaging Porter in favour of Glenn?

Lets just call tonights game bad all around for the offence. If you want to lay the blame on someone how about the head coach? He waisted the first 1 & and a half pre season games on a bunch of guys we cut when we could have given our starters a better opportunity to be ready for tonights game..
Same thing happened last yr. Frankly I have lost a lot of confidence in Marcell over the last two or three seasons..

:?

I say we will have a mediocre season with Glenn at QB. And we will not get to the Grey Cup until we have the
right QB in place.

Until BOLTUS is the starting QB, don't expect to reach the Grey Cup. Mark my words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rockin:

I fully support Glenn. Marcel punked him out by pulling him three-quarters of the way into the FIRST GAME of the regular season. Bellefeuille can never seem to stand by his QB. He did this when Porter was the starter, and he's doing it to Glenn now. If your starter is legitimate, you have to give him the chance to work his way out of struggles and slumps. You don't yank him in the opening game of the season when the team's struggles clearly go beyond his individual performance.

And it was sad but unsurprising to see Avon get stuffed on third and short the exact same way Cobb got stuffed last season. Looks to me like the short-yardage formations and play selection are what's lacking, not the tailback.

Lastly, the offensive playcalling in general was uninspired. With Burke sending lots of pressure, I would have expected some flares and screens to Thigpen and Cobourne to blunt the edge of that pass rush. Winnipeg's defense is good, but not that good.

I have been a tiger cat fan for almost 40 years and I can only recall very few times when this team has gotten out to a fast start. If my memory serves me correctly, when Frank Kush was coach, that year the team at the beginning was 5 and 0.

Over the years the players, the coaches, the GM and even the ownership has changed, but, it seems, this franchise is always slow out of the gate.

Yet, a team like Montreal, especially over the last 10 years (or more) always has a fast start.

It's like a Tiger cat tradition, like Oskee wee wee.

Glenn looked like he was hurt after the Bummer defender rolled into the side of his left knee (he also wears a brace, but personal experience says that it can’t prevent EVERY injury). Perhaps that led to his poor throws, since it was his planting leg, making him unstable right at the point he releases the ball. At this point, he would have to rely on arm strength alone.

As for Deuces being stuffed, in Drew’s blog MB states that Hage snapped the ball on “one” instead of “two”, leading to the confusion on the O-line blocking schemes.

BTW - Porter seemed to have no trouble moving the ball, except when AB3 brain-farted on two PERFECTLY thrown balls, and Mann half-a$$ed it on the INT - something that Uncle Milty pointed out in his story in the Spec.

You could probably count on one hand the number of times Bruce has caught a pass from Porter, aside from Bruce’s first game as a Ticat. Not sure you could say the same for his drops of Porter passes. It really does make you wonder what’s going on there. I really can’t believe a player could deliberately undermine another, but it does seem odd. Is there something about Porter’s delivery that’s throwing him off?

I heart conspiracy theories. Someone should call George Noorey to explore the possibilities.

I thought Glenn stopped wearing both braces last year?

Where was the O-Line ? Seems Avon got a little taste of what Cobb had to deal with.

:lol:

Over 100 combined yards. 75 yards rushing. Did you even watch the game ? :lol:

Avon played great. North/south running no tap dancing. Great hands. Motivating players too. The man does it all.

I agree…he’s the best in history.

I wouldnt go that far.
But he certainly made an impact in his first game as a TiCat.
If you’d watched the game you’d know.