How about that Lions Fans!

Congrats to the Leos for an excellent game against an excellent team. Lulay is a keeper for sure, not just because he led the team to victory but because he is getting better each time he plays!

You gotta love Davis. This guy is great!

Is it my imagination or is Lulay getting better pass protection these days? If so, what has changed? What a great game to watch.

By the way FBYB. Turned out to be THE game of games didn't it? lol At least for me it was.

Good call Mystic!

Yowza !

Fairly entertaining game. Good job by the lions to come back after blowing the lead. Davis was a total beast. Completely unstoppable. Congrats to the lions on a hugh win for them, though they should be happy it was Franklin wide open instead of... well any other stamp. I think I could have caught that ball.

Good point. But what the hey.....it's about time the Lions got some breaks.

Don't get me wrong beaglehound, I think the lions deserved to win that game and are due some good luck (and you have to admit they got some huge luck at the end)
I look forward to a playoff rematch, just maybe hoping Franklin is sick that day...

Quite honestly guys that for me was one of the best games I've seen all year. Sure, the Lions are still screwing up and taking dumb penalties but there were a lot of cool things going on:

1. Our QB wasn't carted off the field due to injury
  2. Our QB wasn't replaced because of inefficiency
  3. There was better pass protection
  4. Players were more self-controlled
  5. McCallum remains at the top of his game
  6. Though Lulay had a couple of brain farts he still mixed up the plays and took off whenever he saw daylight
  7. The Lions held Calgary's ground game in check
  8. The Lions took a healthy lead early and although they squandered it, they bounced back
  9. The Lions forced Calgary into two and outs when it really counted
    10.Injuries were kept to a minimum
    11.The Lions have beaten Calgary twice in a row on Calgary's turf.

I'm really looking forward to the next two games. Calgary had a lot riding on this game and they couldn't pull if off.

Without a doubt. That they did for sure![got some huge luck at the end] Franklin could not have been more wide open. It was just a matter of "come to papa". He must be feeling terrible. But who knows.... had Calgary scored the TD with the usual convert it would have been 38-36 with time on the clock for the Lions to get it back to within McCallum's range. 39-38???? Hehehe. My heart would not have been able to handle the stress.

I would expect that stamps woulda gone for 2

I would expect that stamps woulda gone for 2~ FootBalYouBet

Possibly. But then the Lions could have settled for a single to tie the game by either a missed field goal or McCallum punting it for a single. No matter- we all need to thank Mr. Franklin for blowing the reception in the end-zone. Or maybe Travis Lulay should send him a thank-you card.

they tried to break us - but . . .

Ya, they are a better road team, but a win at home next week will convince me they are the real deal.

[quote="beaglehound"]Quite honestly guys that for me was one of the best games I've seen all year. Sure, the Lions are still screwing up and taking dumb penalties but there were a lot of cool things going on:

1. Our QB wasn't carted off the field due to injury
  2. Our QB wasn't replaced because of inefficiency
  3. There was better pass protection
  4. Players were more self-controlled
  5. McCallum remains at the top of his game
  6. Though Lulay had a couple of brain farts he still mixed up the plays and took off whenever he saw daylight
  7. The Lions held Calgary's ground game in check
  8. The Lions took a healthy lead early and although they squandered it, they bounced back
  9. The Lions forced Calgary into two and outs when it really counted
    10.Injuries were kept to a minimum
    11.The Lions have beaten Calgary twice in a row on Calgary's turf.

Very good points Beagle :thup:
Way to go Lions.... keep it going!

[b]I would like to know if I have this correct, if BC runs the rest of the table, and Toronto loses the rest of the season-that would give us a playoff berth in the form of a "Crossover?" Let me know if I have this right.

"Roar Lions Roar!" "Roar Lions Roar!" "Roar Lions Roar!" "Roar Lions Roar!" "Roar Lions Roar!" [/b]

To answer this , there are 2 scenarios to your question , if the Lions were to win the rest of their games AND Edmonton were to win the rest of theirs AND Toronto loses all three , we would be in the crossover. The other possibility is if BC wins one more game than Edmonton in the final 3 games, we will hold down 3rd in the west. Edmonton , as you may know , holds the series tie breaker , so we would miss if we end up tied with them. We would also lose out on the playoffs if we end up with the same record as TO because a crossover team MUST have more wins than the team they are trying to supplant.

That will happen only if Edmonton should win all of its remaining games as well. If Edmonton should drop one of its games and the Lions win both of their remaining games then the Lions take 3rd place in the west and earn a playoff spot as well without having to cross over. I think this is what jmc pretty much said.

[b]Thank you Jmc24 and Beaglehound. I think I am beginning to understand the crossover rule. Thank you all again for your response and clarification. I just want to be the best fan for our Lions. As I always say-
"Roar Lions Roar!" "Roar Lions Roar!" "Roar Lions Roar!" "Roar Lions Roar!" "Roar Lions Roar!"

Take Care All!
Myles[/b]

You’re welcome Spiderman. Just remember:

"The top team from each division automatically makes it to the Division Championships. Then, the second-place teams in each division host a Division Semi-Final game against the third-place team in their division. However, a situation may occur whereby the fourth-place team from one division has more points (not tied) than the third-place team from the opposite division. In this case, the fourth-place team would cross over into the opposite division and compete against the second-place team of that division.

Please note that at the end of the regular season the second-place team in a given division will always host a Division Semi-Final, regardless of the number of total points a team who crosses over may accumulate."

Thanks again, Beagle. Take care! Myles

Well well, it's been quite the weekend. Just finished this day watching both my boys teams deliver: 50 to 6, and
24 - 0! It has been a fun weekend of football. Enjoyed catchin' up on all the dialogue guys - great comments.
I think the Lions realize their playoffs have begun; Friday's game was the first. It was a huge momentum-builder.
Yes, Travis does seem to be improving each game as does the O line. What timing!
Can you believe the Hamilton - Montreal score??!! What is happening to Montreal?? It sure seems up for grabs; you can't narrow the chances down to any two or three teams. If I were to pick an order right now of top to bottom teams that have the best chance to make it to the final, it would be...

1. Saskatchewan (Durant, Fantus, Getzlaf)
  2. Hamilton (Glenn, Cobb, Thigpen)
  3. Calgary (Burris, Rambo 5, and incredible pass-coverage)
  4. Montreal (Cavillo, Richardson,
  5. BC (McCallum, Davis, and special teams)
  6. Toronto (Boyd, Owens)
  7. Edmonton (...)
  8. WInnipeg (...)
    How order would you guys pick?

Lulay really is starting to believe he can run this offense and that kind of confidence is something of which we definitely need with just two games remaining and us having to win both and hope that the Eskimos lose at least one of theirs if we are now going to get into the playoffs We play the Rough Riders and the Ti-Cats while the Eskimos play the Rough Riders and the Blue Bombers. The Problem with this is that the Blue Bombers are out of the playoffs now and have nothing to play for,and the Rough Riders will be the last week of the schedule for the Eskimos and the Rough Riders knowing that they can not alter their playoff position any further could in fact decide to rest players for that game. So as the picture looks right now fans it is not a good one for the Lions unless they do in fact win both games and the Eskimos do shoot themselves in the foot