Hot new rumour for Sask QB...

It has been rumoured that Sask has been interested in former (2003) Heisman Trophy winner Jason White. And, it just so happens the former Oklahoma Sooner star has just walked out of the Tennessee Titans camp. Apparently he wants an opportunity to play but is considered to small for the NFL (hello Doug Flutie - and welcome to the CFL Mr White).

Although the jury is still out if there is any truth to this, as of Aug 11/05 White has left the camp of the Titans...and we know Sask has to be looking for a QB, as it is so obvious they will never win with Greene or Crandall.

Any thoughts on this???

crandall is not that bad i wasnt watching that much of the game but what i saw wasnt terrible. ( the bombers can trade tee for greene) :smiley:

never hurts to have options....

i dont think a rookie like Jason White can save this season...maybe a vet could :!:

I thought I heard somewhere about a Greene and KK for Jason Mass trade?

If he were available, Edmonton's Jason Maas would be a big boost to Sask as he is quality and a winner!!! I can't see Edmonton doing that now, but who knows. Who is Edmontons 3rd guy? That would be the issue along with who would get to the Esks from Sask for a guy of that calibre?

Our 3rd man i a rookie named Johnson, he lit it up in the pre season , he marched down the field in the 4th quarter probably 70 yards to get the esks in field goal range to tie the game against the bombers, he is one hell of a player and i cant wait to see him get some snaps someday, im very excited about him. but to comment on the Maas trade idea i dont think it would happen but it would have to be very tempting to get a good back for Ricky Ray to hand the ball off to. I dont think Hughie would give a division rival a over 5000 yard passer, and pretty solid qb. johnson looked good but he still needs years to develop , if Ray goes down, i dont want to see anyone but Maas in his spot.

Jason White left the Titans because of his knees. They were both operated on during his college career and now bother him so bad that it affects his ability to play. He has decided that it would be better for him to call it quits.

yeah, in the paper it said he retired!

if Shivers claim to fame is finding talent wheres the QBs???
the most highly profile position in football and what do we have????
1- Nealon ? at best .500 qb outher teams castoff no greycup ring
2- Crandell ? outher teams castoff 1greycup ring
3 Butler - cant crack #2 backup ?

BETTER WATCH OUT SASK FANS... BOMBERS ARE COMING FOR YA..... HA HA HA HA HA :twisted:
OH YEAH WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU GUYS PRAISING NEALON "NO KNEES" AND MARCUS CRUMBLE.....LOL... SASKATCHEWAN IN LAST PLACE AT THE END OF THE YEAR...
OH YEAH FORGOT TO MENTION "WHITE IS GOING TO NFL EUROPE" SO DON'T GET YOUR HOPES UP, ON THE BRIGHT SIDE YOU CAN HAVE TEE MARTIN IN EXCHANGE FOR ONE OF YOUR UGLY COLORED SEATS AT TAYLOR FIELD.... WAIT AS A MATTER OF FACT YOU CAN HAVE MARTIN FOR NOTHING, WE DON'T NEED YOUR SASKATCHEWAN CRAP HERE....... HA HA HA :twisted:

Alright just like in the other team threads your mother told you not use the computer! Besides the western conference basement is reserved for blue and gold!

What I am getting from all these replies re Sask QB's is that there is a lot of recognition that Sask present QB tandem of Greene and Crandell is definitly not the answer.

To the guy that suggested Sask trade KK and Greene for Moss - we can only wish. Moss would be great!

Unfortunately as long as DB is the coach, Greene will be the man. I like Danny B (sometimes), but he is going to stick with Greene until their eventual demise. And due that Shivers has so much invested in DB, he too will end up standing by his coach and his coaches decision to keep Greene - it is a sinking ship with craziness at the helm.

In fact, I hate to mention Burris, but all it would have taken to keep Burris here was for DB to say "Burris will be our starter". That's it - that and about $25 grand more than they were offering...with the seats filled at Taylor field, the $25 grand would not have been a problem...now - empty seats - real smart Sask!

Well.. nobody said you gap peaple had any brains to start with...the riders are lucky to find the stadium there playing at, including there own....

Hankthetank,
A suggestion for the future. If you intend on calling someone's intelligence down in the future, I suggest you correct your spelling mistakes first. Not that being a great speller makes you smart, but it just helps the image.

p.s. I hope to God that I have not made any spelling mistakes or I will look like a complete ass now.

LOL I remember the first time I heard that clever little joke, "the gap"
I'd just moved to Manitoba, and some local told me Saskatchewan was the gap between Alberta and Manitoba, and the only thing it was good for was stopping the two provinces from hitting one another.
Har har har
Of course, the jokes on Manitoba these days. They're a have-not province, while Saskatchewan is a have province.
Manitoba's been "balancing the books" for years, yet the overal debt of the province keeps growing.
Ah well, never let facts get in the way of a good joke.
Like this old one - why is it so windy in Saskatchewan?
Cause Alberta sucks and Manitoba blows.

With apologies to all my friends in those two outstanding provinces.