Hosting the Grey Cup During a Global Pandemic

What is the forma t now?

currently the format is 6 make the playoffs. West and East have a first round bye. 2nd and 3rd play each other in the first round unless the 4th team in a division has a better record than the 3rd place team in another division.

I thought I had heard because the schedule is so unbalanced there would be no crossover

I haven’t heard that from an official source. The only mention of the playoffs prior to the season was the 8 seed theory as far as I know.

Thanks I couldn’t find anything official anywhere.it would look bad if they dont make it clear soon

1 Like

Go to CFL.ca and click on Standings. Just above the standings there is a tab that let’s you switch between Regular Season and Crossover.

I guess if there was no crossover then the website would be updated to not allow you to see crossover standings.

2 Likes

There's a potential crossover. Not sure where the rumor started but there's literally no mention of it anywhere.

And the chances of them changing the playoff format are slim. It was the contingency if there were little to no fans in the stands to increase TV revenues, or to make up for lost weeks. It would be a massive surprise if anything changes.

2 Likes

Thanks

2 Likes

If TOR makes the playoffs on its own merits, the league won’t need to tinker with the format.

2 Likes

The league wants Toronto to win the GC in Hamilton to further alienate the Hamilton fanbase and continue to kick us while we’re down. Did the same thing with the Flutie fumble in 96.
You do know the league, officials and TSN hate us and only us.

2 Likes

Well, that’s discouraging.

3 Likes

:sunglasses: Ha, my good old friend and neighbor for 15 years here in Burlington, the late great Gordie Tapp . He was a classic for sure :smiley:

1 Like

I bought his nephew’s car for my first in the fall of '73. A '67 Plymouth Belvedere.

2 Likes

Met Gordie at my wife’s cousin’s birthday party. Very pleasant and friendly man. Quite pleased to be recognized and remembered as an entertainer before “Hee Haw” show, but obviously proud of that show as well.

Struck me as a good guy.

2 Likes

Well it may be 96 all over again except the Argos and the Bombers. The Argos playing in Hamilton and Ticat fans trying to sell off their tickets, it’s the worst case scenario for the hosts.

1 Like

I totally forgot that the late Gordie Tapp was Canadian

Gordie and Don Harron . (Charlie Farquason ).

1 Like

And while we're at it, let's throw in our very own Red Green... Many of his famous quotes could apply to a lot of us older white males who post here :slight_smile:

• "I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess."
  • "If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
  • "Remember, you may have to grow old, but you don't have to mature."
  • "If it ain't broke, you're not trying."
2 Likes

That certainly applies to folks here in the home :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: It’s like dealing with children .

Pat Lynch (just living the dream :roll_eyes:)

3 Likes

Your replies are a treat, Pat. Keep 'em coming…

5 Likes