Home Sweet Home: Brady Oliveira signs 2-year extension

WINNIPEG — Home is where the heart is.

It’s not every day that you see a pairing like Brady Oliveira and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, the hometown kid who grows up to be his favourite team’s hero. And that story just got another chapter.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2024/02/06/home-sweet-home-brady-oliveira-signs-2-year-extension
1 Like

Not sure about the terms or what he is making, but good job management!

Yes, Schoen is probably gone, which stinks. But I am sure the receiving core can be bolstered easily enough, via free agency or better yet, the draft.

This signing alone makes me feel way better about this season.

Plus, it’s nice that my only jersey is of a player still with the team! :grin:

3 Likes

This really was a no brainer. It was either the NFL or Winnipeg, nowhere else. Truth be told, I think Winnipeg was where he wants to be. Good that the Bombers could make it happen.

3 Likes

I agree fully NFL or Bombers but by waiting to see his open market price Brady should/could have maximized his asking. Smart business move. And in the end this is a business for the players too. Too bad Kelly drained Argo cap. :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face: thanks Chad!

I was really hoping that Brady would have a shot at the NFL

I agree. If guys like Oliveira and Oullette can’t get a look from NFL I don’t know what RB could.

You can never be sure how much the NFL checks out the CFL. Maybe we need some agents who can promote these kinds of guys

Tiger Cats and Lions offered more money , he took less to stay in Winnipeg according to 3downation

Probably has to do with the opportunity to Play in the 2025 Grey cup with Winnipeg. And then after that season he should have a couple more years to chance more money. Just my guess