Home opener attendance

hamilton has and always will be a walk up last minute larry event. the excuses go on and on parking weather etc etc . these people arent the true fans but the funny thing is they will be the ones when we are successful to stand up and say their great fans. id rather see 24000 game ready hungry true fans as oppose to an extra 3000 who really care about the gmes its all about gettin drunk fighting and saying ya i went to the game last night and ill be at the last game to cause im a true fan

Yes, the Ticats will give them to youth groups such as Kiwanas on behalf of yourself. Thanks for participating !! Talk to your Rep.

Thanks Again :slight_smile:

it's those 3000 drunken, fighting, moronic fans who have driven away the real fans. you don't have to deal with them from your living room.

i love watching live football. but not when my fiancee and i have to tolerate drunken idiots yelling obscenities every play, then watch them picking fights with fans of the opposing team.

i love the tabbies and the CFL, but the cats attract some real low-lives.
(if you took offence to this, chances are, you are a low-life that i'm referring to.)

well said and i agree with you the only one you can fight with at home is the wife however at least going to the games you gotta chance winning a fight with a drunk lol

NO excuse - just sit in the family section, no alcohol, no obscenities, no bullying.

Yep thats where we sit and we have a great bunch of season holders around us. Always fun and great conversation.

I think that anyone that thinks that TiCats games have too many drunks certainly wouldn't ever want to attend a soccer match, or a Bills game. Never been to a soccer game but from what I can see on TV, loads of drunks. Bills games I've been to and that is one drunk fest I'll say. TiCats games are dinner parties, thank goodness, compared with that.

the Family Section are the ABSOLUTE WORST seats you could get they are on the sideline and behind the goal line ..how on earth do they expect kids to have a good view of the game and action.. i did that once with my kids it lasted thru the first quarter before i moved and i'd never do it again even if bob gave me free season tickets to that section i'd hand them right back

people should not have to be subjected to any of that no matter where they sit .. the solution is to fire all the gutless cowards they have working the games and hire people who will deal with the complaints that come in and have the police turn around stop watching the game and patrol the crowds like they are supposed to ..
a football game should be family friendly no matter where you are and if the answer is to have the people that are offended or threatened or even abused by it all then they will surely move..right out of the stadium and into another form of entertainment

it's all about the experience and if people have a bad time they will not be going back .. so any complaint should not be taken lightly and the people who have concerns should not be simply told to "JUST MOVE" that is very poor business practice and even worse customer service

Are you talking about phone or insurance bills? :stuck_out_tongue:

6 of my family members are attending the game on Friday, I'm so happy for them, but I'll be stuck in Saskatoony :frowning:

agreed. if i'm going to a game, i want good seats.
i'm not paying for gas, driving from London, paying for parking and tickets to have a lousy view.

If you won't sit in the Family Section because they are bad seats then buy the most expensive tickets and sit with people that don't cause trouble or don't get drunk. If you have someone swearing or drunks you just call security.

As of tonight there are still about 4,000 seats available so that makes around 25,000 sold so far.

NO excuse - just sit in the family section, no alcohol, no obscenities, no bullying.
[/quote]
the Family Section are the ABSOLUTE WORST seats you could get they are on the sideline and behind the goal line ..how on earth do they expect kids to have a good view of the game and action.. i did that once with my kids it lasted thru the first quarter before i moved and i'd never do it again even if bob gave me free season tickets to that section i'd hand them right back

people should not have to be subjected to any of that no matter where they sit .. the solution is to fire all the gutless cowards they have working the games and hire people who will deal with the complaints that come in and have the police turn around stop watching the game and patrol the crowds like they are supposed to ..
a football game should be family friendly no matter where you are and if the answer is to have the people that are offended or threatened or even abused by it all then they will surely move..right out of the stadium and into another form of entertainment

it's all about the experience and if people have a bad time they will not be going back .. so any complaint should not be taken lightly and the people who have concerns should not be simply told to "JUST MOVE" that is very poor business practice and even worse customer service
[/quote]
I sit there and we see just fine and when we have the ball and thats the scoring end its great!. I was able to catch a ball from Troy Davis a few years back against Montreal when he pounded one in for a td.

I don't think there should be any excuses in the new stadium about all of the "bad seats" and "lousy views". ALL seats will be between the goal lines, and ALL seats will be individual flip up and room to get out and in.
The strange thing is that many people talk about the great seats and site lines at IWS and how they will miss the old stadium but one of the big excuses about not attending a game in person is because of the bad seats and "lousy view" . :roll:

4482 seats left...and regarding the family section, i sit row 1 from the field and I can see fine...its even better when the play comes our way for a td...why ppl always need to whine, dont like it, then go see what bad seats rly are and what rowdiness rly is at an nfl game in the bleachers

I think we should have a "Ticat Rowdy Section" which would be the opposite of a Family Section, no kids allowed. If you think you can't handle your beer and like to swear and shout obscenities you could sit there. Beer could be served in that section without leaving your seat.

This is the first I've heard of this. Source? To put all seats between the goal lines and fit 22,500 seats in there, either the stands will have to go back a lot farther tan they do now or there will have to be an upper deck.

2012 Week 1, 25,682, Friday night.
2011 Week 1, 23,852, Friday night
2010 Week 2, 25,248, Saturday night
2009 Week 1, 23,211, Wed night ( July 1 Canada Day vs. Argos)
2008 Week 1, 20,589, Thursday night

Yes, not a bad crowd. Not much of a "walk up" though, there were 4,500 tickets available 24 hours before the game and the final attendance was 25,682.

The reality is it's a struggle to get 25K out to a game. Had the new stadium been built off a highway people from neighbouring communities would have been more likely to attend games. The East end of Hamilton is not a destination of choice for non-Hamiltonians.

25,682 is satisfactory. Disappointing for the Last Home Opener at the Historic IWS. The concern is the fans, for a crowd of 25,682 they were not very loud when the Cats were on DEFENCE. Seem to be waiting for something to happen and not taken the initiative to get things going to make it difficult for the visiting team. :thdn: :thdn: