Holmes Re-signed

from Chml

Ticats re-sign Holmes
Sep, 18 2006 - 11:00 AM

HAMILTON (AM900 CHML) - CHML News has learned that the Hamilton Tiger-Cats have re-signed running back Corey Holmes.

Holmes was eligible to become a free agent in the off-season.

No word on the length of the deal.

Great News

http://900chml.com/station/ticats_microsite.cfm?hdl=48709

from Chml

Ticats re-sign Holmes
Sep, 18 2006 - 11:00 AM

HAMILTON (AM900 CHML) - CHML News has learned that the Hamilton Tiger-Cats have re-signed running back Corey Holmes.

Holmes was eligible to become a free agent in the off-season.

No word on the length of the deal.

Great News

Great news is right. I thought he was gonzo with all the backs we have. Can we keep Lumsden and Davis as well??

Great move, it will improve just about everything about our offense. Gotta be getting close to the new salary cap for next season though. I wonder what number our cap is at...any idea anybody?

I think that this is the end of the line for Ranek and possibly Radelin as well.

Holy crap, fantastic news!!!

Great move, Marcel, something to build on and sell tickets.
No doubt many offers came in alot of them no doubt tempting. It's a sports cliche but it is often true
The best trade is the one you dont make.

Excellent news.

Let Ranek go and keep Holmes. :thup:

Fantastic!

Now to get the Corey Holmes and Jesse Lumsden jerseys my kids wanted!

What a team for next year, considering the additions of Woodard,HIll and Lumsden.

Those three should be impactful on offense especially if we sign Charlie Taffe as head coach.

Toss radlein too we got lumbsden now.

Julian and Jesse in the backfield together with Holmes to alter....SWEET. :smiley:

We need Radlein to block for both Jesse and Corey. That's his specialty and he excels at it.

and no matter what you say, lumsden is not big enough, nor technically sound enough to play the role of a blocking fullback...

a this point they're speculating....I'll wait for official news

It could be a trade involving Corey. (remember those rumours flying around last week)

that too would be big news

This will probably be the end of Ranek playing for the cats.. and perhaps either Anthony Davis or Kojo. I can't see them letting go of Julian.. he isn't in competition with either Holmes or Lumsden. They're both tailbacks, while Julian is a fullback.

While I'll be sad to see any of our corps of RBs go, I'm thrilled we've re-signed Holmes.

It reads Ti-Cats re-sign Holmes?

It doesn't sound that firm to me.

I'll bet he has been traded back out West,
perhaps Regina?

The look on Desjardins face last night on CH said to me he wasn't hopeful of getting his signature on a contract.

can we all please stop typing "resigned" and start typing RE-SIGNED

at 3-11 you never know who's about to jump ship, therefore, the word "resigned" gets me scared every time i see it.

in other news:
WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! he signed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry - i'll wait for official news

Did this news "break" on the radio or are we relying on their website?

Can someone please confirm?

Thanks.

thats because he's on the IR.

(scroll down to the bottom of the page)