Holmes going to Calgary

CFL RELEASE – 2006/073
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – Apr 1, 2006
REGINA, SK – The Saskatchewan Roughriders are pleased to announced that they have aquired Calgary Stampeders QB Henry Burris. The trade entails that Saskatchewan send RB Corey Holmes and QB Nealon Green in exchange for Calgary QB Henry Burris and a 2nd round pick in the canadian college draft.

Calgary GM Jim Barker was contacted and had this to say

"We are very happy with the trade. The acquisition of (Danny) McManus was the deciding factor for this trade. We feel Corey Holmes can be an upgrade to both our RB core and recieving core. And with Joffrey Reyonlds, Nik Lewis and Jermaine Copeland already here we are really going to be unstoppable"

Roughrider GM Roy Shivers was not available for comment, but the Roughrider organization was knowingly searching for a solution to their QB difficulties and Burris was sorrily missed in Regina after his departure

i thought April fool days joke end at noon? :shock: :wink: :mrgreen: :stuck_out_tongue:

nobody said he was smarter then your average bear :slight_smile:........sorry yogi...

it's april fools day. not april fools morning. i don't know where you're from but i celebrate april fools day right until midnite

From answers.com

Traditionally, pranks are to be performed before noon. Those done afterwards are supposed to bring bad luck to the perpetrator. This stipulation may have been contrived by annoyed parents and school teachers wanting a respite from a full day of pranks. Anyone who fails to respond with a sense of humor to the tricks played on them is also said to be liable to suffer bad luck. It is said that one fooled by a pretty girl will later marry, or at least become friends, with her.

meh, who cares. i didn't wake up until 1:30 anyways

meh, who cares.

bad luck? No playoffs for Riders :wink:

i hope he isnt a Rider fan!! that was just :oops:

No Yogi is a Bomber fan. He can tinker with Bad luck....Afterall the Bombers finished last in 2005 so what could be worse?

Last again!

It was a prank right? Im like AHHHHHHHHHH!