HOLD ON A SECOND TSN: DOES THIS VOID YOUR TV DEAL

The CFL had better nip this in the bud, or it's going to get ugly...maybe we should start using UPS, and eating at Harvey's

Edmontonians can pick up RDS here on Shaw, but doesn't mean we have to like this bonehead decision.

lets get an email fax # for the people at TSN and get on it their should be enough fan support on this website alone to make them change their minds.

Please take a few minutes to send in some emails to the CRTC ( [url=http://www.crtc.com]www.crtc.com[/url] ), TSN ( http://www.cfl.ca/legacy/cfl_contact ) and voice your complaints about this, as I am sure you will all agree this is not a good thing, especially when the CFL fan base is growing at the moment.
From the other thread

I have Rogers Cable, the same people who run Rogers Sports Net. Is it any suprise that they do not carry TSN2, which means a good portion of Southern Ontario will not be able to see any games on TSN2 and this includes Toronto which according to many people say is key in keeping the CFL exposure there going. Oh well I guesse all the people in Toronto will be watching the NFL that day.

They also seem to be pumping the TSN.ca feed. I hope they have a whole new boatload of bandwidth. 200,000 web feeds at the same time. Odds on how long the website lasts before it crashes. I say 5 min into the first quarter, the feed goes dead.

Just ther way of bending over the fans,susribe to our re-run channel or sports.Cfl should not let this happen.Its a joke

We have Sask-Tel max which has TSN2 on channel 115, mentioned above by ro. I'm sure if you get enough people to call your cable provider, you will get them to carry the channel if there is enough of a demand for it.

well I'm sure something's going to happen!

not broadcasting the game on TSN1 in the City of Edmonton, where the majority of people here have Shaw Cable, who don't have TSN2 yet..

this will not go over well I can assure you!

Toronto kicking the heart of the CFL fan base in the nuts. Tell me you didn't see it coming, honestly?

If the smaller providers in Saskatchewan can get TSN2 then there's really no excuse if you can't get it in Alberta or BC. Call your provider.

Where do you live boonedock? If you're in Regina I don't think Sasktel or Access are charging for TSN2.

Why would you have to upgrade your package, my provider just added it to my line up. No calls no hassle... it's no big deal really, you all are making a mountain out of a molehill

its not as simple as that Dust..

do you know what's going on here in Alberta? no? ok then!

Shaw is working on a deal, but we don't know where they are on it!

Here is a copy of my complaint to the CRTC.

TSN/TSN2, Regarding decision to not broadcast Canadian Content CFL football on September 21 as previously advertised, in favor of American Ryder Cup golf on TSN and moving the CFL game to TSN2 a new cable network that promises more choice, more sports. I now have less choice, less sports as a result of this decision. TSN2 is not widely available and is not carried by Shaw my provider. I already get 4 NBC feeds that will show the same Ryder cup telecast TSN will now be showing. TSN is a basic cable channel and not available over the air. To get TSN you must have cable. If you have cable you will get NBC and will already be able to watch the golf if you so choose. To add the golf to the main TSN network and removing the Canadian programming is dead wrong. If TSN wants to show golf let them do it on TSN2. Then those who want to watch American programming with Canadian Commercials may do so and those who want to watch the CFL (Canadian Content) may do so. This is just an attempt to force people to subscribe to a fringe service that is not necessary, and by the number of service providers that have carried TSN2 to date the facts bear this out. The role of Canadian Broadcasters should be to promote Canadian programming on their main networks. If I want to watch football on Sunday, I now have to watch American football on CTV and Sportsnet both Canadian networks. I was part of the CFL Insider panel last year regarding broadcast partners and gave high praise to TSN and was in favor of moving all the games to TSN. I feel deceived, as I had no knowledge that they would offload games to another for pay service that I cannot get in my market. Hopefully they will have a backlash like CBC got when they moved curling to Country Canada. At least I could subscribe to Country Canada. How many more games is TSN going to offload before the end of the year? They claimed and still claim that they are the exclusive network of the CFL. They should have to retract that statement now that they have started to offload games. I subscribed to TSN HD just to Watch CFL football and for my part I will no longer watch TSN for anything else until they rectify this situation.

Should be in your cable package if you have TSN. You will have it on SaskTel Max, Bell Xpressvu and also likely on Access.

Just checked Shaw's lineup and it looks like they don't provide it. Looks like if your with Shaw your SOL.

Shaw is brutal, but they are the largest cable company in Western Canada and with no Rogers hardly anybody is going to get TSN2 by next Sunday. You would think that you would want to have the largest Cable companies in Canada onside before you launch. Moving this game to TSN2 is an attempt to force the cable companies to carry TSN2. We have to hit TSN where it hurts and stop watching everything on TSN except the CFL especially if you have a Nielsen box. That is what I am going to do.

It said it will also be available on tsn.ca

I prefer to watch it on my 60" LCD HD TV as opposed to a 5 inch choppy webcast.Remember my provider is Shaw so my High Speed internet is as brutal as their channel lineup. Plus its not optimal for archiving on DVD. I could just fly to Montreal as watch the game live.I used to make a road trip to non televised games back in the dark ages when all the games weren't on TV. Does anybody know how many other games TSN plans to switch out to the TSN2?All the games so far have been in TSN HD but I noticed that next Saturday's games are not. I guess Hockey season's coming so TSN is pushing the CFL to the backburner. Hey maybe they can move the Grey Cup to TSN2 as well, after all it's on Sunday.The CFL should not schedule games on Sunday and this probably would not happen.