Hitch's comments,

I agree with eagle. To me it seems that he is proud and angry at the same time. I mean wouldn't anyone be that angry. Giving your heart and soul pretty much everything you've got into an organization for 12 years. Then one day, the staff says to you. Retire now or you'll get released. He has benn amazing to this organization for how long now. He shows displeasure like anyone. He speaks his mind. He believes he had one more year. It would have been awesome to see them play there last game and let them know it was there last. I think I could understand the anger point of view. They had played their last game in vancouver. If they had known it would've been there last... Don't you think it may have some difference on how that game turned out.??

I agree with eagle. To me it seems that he is proud and angry at the same time. I mean wouldn't anyone be that angry. Giving your heart and soul pretty much everything you've got into an organization for 12 years. Then one day, the staff says to you. Retire now or you'll get released. He has been amazing for this organization for how long now.
He shows displeasure like anyone. He speaks his mind. He believes he had one more year. It would have been awesome to see them play there last game and let them know it was there last. I think I could understand the anger point of view. They had played their last game in vancouver. If they had known it would've been there last... Don't you think it may have some difference on how that game turned out.?? :?

Atleast SOME PEOPLE get it around here ...

TOTALLY CLASSLESS !!!

Yeah, I can UNDERSTAND where he was coming from - but the FACT is the ORGANIZATION didn't HAVE to put him on the cover of a Commerative Magazine ... they DIDN'T HAVE to let them run out of the tunnel with the current squad, and they DIDN'T HAVE to let him speak during Half time ...

It was a CHEAP SHOT and he came off as a BITTER @$$, and he completely SULLIED the moment.

Have a nice retirement RH, thanks for some GREAT Career Highlights ... but I will always remember what a JERK you sounded like on Labour Day '07.

Peace.

Easy there meanstreak...When Hitch mentioned that he admired Lancaster and some other of his former coaches because they let you know where you stand, he was paralleling that approach as to what happen to him this year. Being loyal to this team, he felt he was treated a little unfairly.
He also said that if you didn't fall into line with the coach Lancaster, you were gone. That tells me that there is a discipline problem with some players....some players are problems and still here.

Greeetings bucky, and NO, I won't take it easy ... that was NEITHER the time or place to AIR YOUR BITTER FEELINGS ... we were there to HONOUR his contributions to the Organization, and City ... NOT listen to his PERSONAL Opinions about a staff that wanted to GO in a NEW DIRECTION. PERIOD.

If he had ISSUES he wanted to get off his chest, than I am SURE he could have phoned in a couple favours to the Spectator, or that Bubba dude on the local sports show ... NOT a half time Ceremony.

My words speak for themselves ... thanks Hitch, BUT ...

Peace.

i dont see what the big deal is, i thought it was funny and the kind of joke one would make during a retirement speech.

I thought the subtle swipe at the organisation was priceless. (And, given the crowd reaction the vast majority of those in the stands agreed with him!)

Sorry Meanstreak. I often agree with you, but not on this one.
In my books, Rob Hitchcock has earned the right to have an opinion on the TigerCats past, present and future.
I, for one, will always be interested in that opinion.
I thought that a mistake was made in the HANDLING of the retirements of both players by the new regime, and at the moment, I have more faith in the opinion of Hitch than I do in the new regime. Clearly, most TigerCat fans share this sentiment.

Mike spoke too long and Rob took shots at the organization. He couldn't crack a 1&8 team, no other CFL team wanted his services, he can't play football forever, so he should have been a little more dignified.

You got that right finch .

Hitch played with heart ALLWAYS A TEAM PLAYER.

I am a little happy that he did not play this year because he is to good a man to be part of this clown show.

Loved Hitch as a player. Hey, the guy still wanted to play and got released. Think that happens from time to time. He's mad. But no other team picked him up, interesting. He can say what he wants, it was his time in front of the mike. Whatever.

Good on Hitch for saying what he did. Its about time somebody is honest about whats been going on.

Hitch may have burned a few bridges in his speech. Hopefully he isn't looking for a job with the Cats anytime soon.

Interesting how he knows so much about the new coaches, seeing he's never played for them.

Sorry Hitch, loved you as a player, but that wasn't great timing in my book.

Perhaps the ceremony should have taken place before the game.....let's not forget that Hitch had just witnessed yet another 30 minutes of bad football....and probably wished he was suited up and on the field and in that locker room to help out.

I chalk it up to being very emotional from feeling helpless as a fan now.....and watching the team crumble on the field.

As a fan, I'll cut him some slack on this one....he's earned it in my opinion.

This team was bad long before Taaffe good fans.

I personally feel that what makes everyone mad about Hitch's comments is that deep down inside, despite how much we wanted it not to be true, it was. And we're all pissed because it means another long season. Sure, he definitely burnt some bridges, but that's his problem. I give him cudos for speaking his mind.

The Ticats honouring both of them at half-time was classy, but it was also a way for them to cover up for any mistakes they did in retiring them. It was a way to save face, but at seasons end, their record will show how wrong they really were....
The Cats didn't force them to retire. The Cats cut them, no other team wanted them because like the Cats they knew they were done, so then the players retired. If you ask me Hitch and Mike just delayed the inevitable.

I had no problems with what either of them said exept for the length of the speeches. The players were on the field and they were still talking. The highlights shown on the big screen were excellent.

An Argo-Cat fan

Sorry Meanstreak. I often agree with you, but not on this one. In my books, Rob Hitchcock has earned the right to have an opinion on the TigerCats past, present and future.
Yeah...he does but why during your retirement celebration. I don't think his opinions are classless just the forum he expressed them in.

To be honest…I did not like the fact they both had a ceremony at the same time. I like and admire both these guys and enjoyed watching them for years.

Give them separate occasions…or at least separate events in the game…one prior…one at half…I dont know…but it felt wrong.

Mike went on a little too long and Rob was rushed. It was awkward when it should have been heartfelt and inspirational for two of our hometown guys.