Hitchcock's Dad

So, I was at the Jr Iron mens football game today, standing against the railing And i feel a tap On my shoulder and its a man wearing All Ticat gear! He says to me " Hey thats a nice shirt you have there, My son would appreciate you supporting him and wearing his Jersey after 3 years out of the game! That totally made my day. Sadly the iron men lost the game, 9-1 season for my little cousin. :slight_smile:just thought id share that with you guys, Its always cool meeting a Father of my favourite football player! OSKIE WEE WEE!!:slight_smile: :rockin:

Very cool!

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ
http://oskiouioui.blogspot.com

8) Yep, that would be Phil Hitchcock. Former announcer at CHML, in the good old days !!!
   I've known Phil for many, many years now and he is indeed a great guy .

How's Rob doing anyhow?...did you ask Phil ?....

I agree with Tipper, Phil a a real good guy......remember how he used to endlessly gush over Rob on the radio when he was first breaking in?....lol

I remember just a few years ago when Rob's wife made him drive the family "winter beater" to practice........she got the "good" car I guess....lol

He stuck his foot through the gaping hole in the floorboards right to the pavement to show us how he had a "Flintstone Mobile"......too funny!

Rob is a classy, solid guy and loads of laughs.... :rockin:

That's pretty cool. His brother was my science teacher for a couple years in high school, very funny guy.

I was fortunate enough to go to school with Hitch as well as Trevor Shaw. Great guys and a lot of great memories…Glendale Bears all the way!! if they happen to read this…SAJ club all the way. They know what it means.

I met the Hitchcocks years ago when Rob first played hockey. He was 7 or 8. I was his first hockey coach back at the Double Rinks, Rox Park Minor Hockey. He was a good little hockey player. Many times I tied up his skates before practice and games. Good Kid, turned out well don't ya think!

I grew up down the street from the Hitchcock family we all went to Glendale SS I was class of 86 :thup: Look at all the players that made the CFL from those years of Glendale football, Dennis Griffen and Eddie Turek had a lot to do with Bears Football :rockin: