hitchcock and morreale would bring leadership to this team!!

I understand what the organization was trying to do by putting mandatory retirements for hithcock and morreale but when you look at the season now, it makes you really want them back on this team.

There are a few leaders on this team trying to help this team and motivate them but having someone like Hitchcock in the backfield would really help us out. Zeke moreno is doing a fine job along with Armour but having Hitchcock there for the team would be amazing...even as a coach on the sidelines..im sure he could get this team rattled up on the sidelines..

Same goes for Morreale. He would be a good asset with the receivers and he could motivate the receivers...make them feel more confident ..especially guys like bauman who keep dropping crucial balls. Morreale could really help our receievers and give pointers to them

Thats just my two cents worth on it.

Allan

Nah, They were very good. They're done. Time to move on.

New leaders are emerging. Printers, Lumsden, Moreno, Armour Cody.

Leadership is not an issue.

Coaching and experience is.

captain kirk says leadership is not an issue? how come there is none? none, none, none. jesse is not a leader, he's not wired that way. if your definition of a leader is someone who runs their mouth off then jojuan armour is a leader.moreno is the undisputed leader right now. its too early for casey, you can't be a leader when you haven't done anything. on that topic, he should have thought twice before saying whatever he said to the guys last week because he
ran the risk of losing whatever bit of respect he had going in to that lockerroom. he should have kept quiet-maybe with some of that queso and popcorn he was talking about. and to show up the coach like that
on the third down? i don't care if you think the coach doesn't know what he's doing,that's not showing leadership and you don't show up a coach like that.
why can't they just own up to mistakes of letting hitch and mike go. they should've been kept, knowing they were going with a young team, they would have been valuable in the transition and provided guidance when things were bad.

CITY LEGEND

those players had no gas left in the tank, and leadership can only take you so far, you cant have some veteran screaming in the locker room 18 games per season, when your team is garbage and last place.

They were retired by the team, what? Two weeks ago.

Morreale has a post with the CFLPA.

They're done. Youth must be served now.

Disagree. He leads by example. That's definately a way to lead.

if your definition of a leader is someone who runs their mouth off
No it isn't. Why would you say that?

Jojuan Armour walks the walk. He plays well and he plays tough.

.moreno is the undisputed leader right now.
Wait a minute. You just said there is " none, none, none"
its too early for casey, you can't be a leader when you haven't done anything.
Hasn't done anything? He's a league MOP. Yes, he's new to this team, that's why I said leadership is emerging.
, he should have thought twice before saying whatever he said to the guys last week because he ran the risk of losing whatever bit of respect he had going in to that lockerroom.
What did he say?

Last year we had Hitch and Morrelae.

What difference did it make?

None.

I have to disagree about Moreale and Hitch. They have been here for plenty of terrrible seasons, all of which we needed more leadership and they didnt make a difference that way. These guys today wont respect them, they dont even respect themselves the way they act. Perfect example was last night at the half. One of the players in street clothes couldnt take the fans commenting on the poor play, so what does he do ....he starts blowing kisses to the crowd. Really classy, he should have been professional and ignored it.

Those guys didn’t provide leadership during the 4-14 season and Desjardins said as much when he took over. To be fair, it’s hard to provide leadership when you’re not playing regularly and these guys can’t do that anymore. Let them RIP.

From the comments he made this week, Printers thinks he can be a leader. I hope he doesn’t think that blowing off his coach who’s telling him to get off the field is showing leadership. Nine times out of 10, that play doesn’t work.

An Argo-Cat fan

Hitch was here for the 1-17 team and Mike and Hitch both here for the 4-17 and 5-17 teams. So what you want now is someone who can put a losing season in perspective for the other guys? Cause their "leadership" skills sure didnt' help the other teams. Enough about "they should be here" already. They were both done a couple of seasons ago.

Oh give it up already! They were done and are gone! With your line of thinking maybe we can bring back Mosca and Henley or other great players of days long gone! It is time for new blood and it may take a while but we need to move foreward and quit rehashing the old guard.

Brox

If we're going to pay leaders who can't play anymore to be on the team anyway, why not Mosca, Flutie, Ozzie, etc.

citylegend wrote: "that's not showing leadership and you don't show up a coach like that."

What makes you think Hitch would not have done the same thing as Moreno? I congratulate Zeke for what he did. This team and its coaches are dysfunctional. Thats the problem! Not what a player says to his co-ordinator.

The consensus last year, when the issue of leadership came up mid-season, was that these two guys were, in their prime, leaders by example and not through their words and that, since neither was seeing any significant PT, they were not able to provide leadership. Two very good former Ticats, but that sounded reasonable to me.

Enough with this already. No other fans in the CFL live in the past more than Ticat fans. You remember back in '03(?) before Morreale went to the Argos. He was heckled out of town. Nobody remembers this?? All of a sudden he's missed?

Look, these guys were great, but it's time to move on. Moreno and Armour are progressing as leaders and next year they will be solidified as leaders. Printers and Lumsden are leaders on offense.

Done over get over it

If I see another post regarding these two over the hillers I'm going to lose my mind. They're done get over it!!!!!

Let's bring back all those guys who gave us that great 4-14 season last year. I'll bet they're available.

An Argo-Cat fan

If we had cut them a few years ago, like there talent level suggested thei replacements might now be experienced. You hang on too long and this what you get, a bunch of rookies.

And I loved Hitch and Mike, but football players have short careers for a reason.

There's more to football than what's happening on the field!

Yeah, like have younger, faster players on the sideline learning the game, biding their time just as Hitchcock and Morreale did.