History

Well you'd think with a new website that the glitches would get fixed, guess I was foolish to think that. The "All Time Roster" is still a joke and will probably never get fixed. I've been a fan for over 25 years and I'd love to see the names & stats of the guys I grew up cheering for from the 70's and 80's included. It can't be that difficult. Hell, I could go down to the store and buy the media guide with all of that in it, if I was still living in Hamilton, but I'm not.
Oh well, guess I'll just be sure not to forget those guys, hell we could use a lot of them right now, this version of my beloved Ticats is turning into the worst I've ever seen.

I took a quick look through it earlier and two names I notice missing were QB Wally Gabler and QB Junior Edge (North Carolina All Star) that was just a quick glance.

Also the player they are honoring this season Joe Zuger is not listed :?

They have other stuff to do guy. How about some of you volunteer to make the roster? That would be a splendid idea

Hey Canmethed...live for the now man, live for the now!

I don't think it's any kind of slight against particular individuals. Everyone who retired before 1990 is excluded. No doubt they weren't keeping computerized records before that time, so manual entries would be required to get all the names on the site.

Of course, there are exceptiuons to the "pre-1990" rule - reserved for a select few of the all-time greats. You will find the following players included: Bernie Faloney, Garney Henley, Ellison Kelley, and of course, the man himself, Mr. Carl Crennel.

Man, you guys are tough!!!

I'm sure that previously, you remember seeing our All-Time roster list on the website as just that, a list of names.

We are really trying to bring a little more to that. You will notice that the guys on the roster now have bios and some even have pictures. We really want to tell the story of that player and want to be able to put a picture with each and every one of the fellows who has donned the Black & Gold.

This isn't always an easy task. Throughout the teams history, there have been many changes in ownership and office locations. There has not been a great deal of focus on record keeping.

So, with some help from the Canadian Football Hall of Fame, our own limited records,the Tiger-Cat Alumni and in fact, the help of some awesome fans, we are trying to compile a thorough list of all of our Tiger-Cat players.

This is not an overnight project. So, I hope that you will continue to follow this work in progress. And, if you have any vital pieces of information that may help us, please feel free to contact the fellow that has been charged with this project, Campbell Blake at cblake@ticats.ca.

Cheers,

Mark

[quote author=“Schecky”]Man, you guys are tough!!!

I’m sure that previously, you remember seeing our All-Time roster list on the website as just that, a list of names.

We are really trying to bring a little more to that. You will notice that the guys on the roster now have bios and some even have pictures. We really want to tell the story of that player and want to be able to put a picture with each and every one of the fellows who has donned the Black & Gold.

This isn’t always an easy task. Throughout the teams history, there have been many changes in ownership and office locations. There has not been a great deal of focus on record keeping.

So, with some help from the Canadian Football Hall of Fame, our own limited records,the Tiger-Cat Alumni and in fact, the help of some awesome fans, we are trying to compile a thorough list of all of our Tiger-Cat players.

This is not an overnight project. So, I hope that you will continue to follow this work in progress. And, if you have any vital pieces of information that may help us, please feel free to contact the fellow that has been charged with this project, Campbell Blake at http://home.cogeco.ca/~life_of_riley/