History of playoff dates

Yes, I agree with you. It is time for one division, 6 teams playoff format with balanced schedule that don't have any advantage. Two games each team, home and away and 16 games schedule. If they wanted to have more games, simple find a way for more playoff games to make up for 2 games lost. Maybe 2 games series would help or best of 3. If they are content with 16 games, I'm sure players would sign up for two less games, but the owner wouldn't want any lost revenue. We'll need to solve this issue between owner and players if they go with one division route. Too bad, they just agreed to a new CBA in the spring so next opportunity for one division would be 6 1/2 years, so they can agree to that format unless they can amend that format in exchange for something in return if they leave other agreed issues intact.

1 Like

I think it extremely unlikely that they will drop two games from the schedule and lose that revenue.

Most, if not all of us in favour of a fair playoff system and a meaningful regular season can live with the two extra games. Many have suggested having teams play teams with a similar record the year before for those two extra unbalanced games. I can live with that.

1 Like