Historical Highlights for the Stamps

• first Edmonton and Calgary home and home series.

• formation of the Calgary Tigers in the ARFU. Team plays out of Hillhurst Park Stadium.

1915-1919

• Calgary Canucks formed. No official league due to World War I.

• formation of the 50th Battalion, named for the military battalion that provided organizational support.

• the 50th won the Alberta title but was defeated by Winnipeg in the Western Final.

• Calgary Tigers re-formed and made history with the first forward pass in Canadian football.

1931-1934

• team re-named "Altomahs", playing out of 2,000-seat capacity Mewata Stadium.

• Calgary Bronks formed, and became part of the Western Inter-Provincial Football Union (WIFU).

• Bronks win the WIFU championship. Senior football in Calgary ended in 1940 when World War II began.

• team name changed to "Stampeders", September 29th.

• first ever game played October 22nd vs. the Regina Roughriders. The Stamps won the game 12-0 in

front of 4,000 fans at Mewata Stadium.

• Stampeders won the Grey Cup, capping a perfect 12-0 season, and turned the annual fall classic into a

national festival.

• Team moves into newly-constructed McMAHON STADIUM.

• Stampeders won their 3rd Grey Cup in Toronto, a 24-10 win over Winnipeg.

• Stampeders won their 4th Grey Cup in Winnipeg, a 26-24 win over Hamilton.

• Stampeders won their 5th Grey Cup in Montreal, a 27-19 win over Winnipeg.

...seems Winnipeg..... in recent encounters .... brings the Stamps a litttle luck....I guess we will have to proceed to change that ..... beginning this year,,,, :arrow:

I guess your team can try there is nothing wrong in trying right!

...........it adds to the rivalry.........