"historical CFL press conference" on Thursday

http://twitter.com/AndreTalbot

Andre Talbot posted that on Twitter about 40 minutes ago. Speculation? Is this simply the previously announced regular season games or something bigger?

League officials to hold news conference in Moncton for 2010 football game

One game is a good start. Hopefully the first of many! :smiley:

Looking forward to the announcement, this is a great first step to get a team out east I hope!

I'm surprised that the CFL (or NHL for that matter) hasn't been out there for a regular season game (pre-season games are usually pretty lame). I think its a good move, and if the mood is right, the CFL might add a franchise there in the future.
LTF

Awesome! Very exciting stuff!

maybe Toronto is one of the teams??? if so, I hope Montreal is there opponents, and it's (sorry Molson stadium fans) one of their home games.

anyway, I'm glad things are looking good for the Atlantic, and (as I learned in another thread on here) I heard there is a new junior league in the maritime that started up this season.

My guess is that it will be Hamilton vs Montreal.

I hope it's two relatively evenly matched teams.

The Argos are supposed to be one of the teams involved

October 14, 2009

CFL Commissioner Mark Cohon is in Moncton where he will be holding a news conference with Government officials to discuss the CFL’s 2010 initiative in Atlantic Canada tomorrow. Joining him at the conference will be the Minister of National Defence and Minister for the Atlantic Gateway Peter MacKay, the Premier of New Brunswick Shawn Graham, and the Mayor of Moncton George LeBlanc.

The announcement is expected to be about the Toronto Argonauts playing host to the loser of the York vs Toronto CIS game in order to showcase a competitive game for the fans.

"A lot of discussion went into who the opponent for this game would be, we really wanted to put forth two evenly matched teams and showcase a great game of football. Originally we had thought about having the Argonauts playing the St. Mary's Huskies as they would add a local flavour to the game but in the end we decided on placing our focus into putting an evenly matched product out there for our fans." stated an elated Mark Cohon

Ya I heard the Argo's are to be the host team as well,I guess that will be one less game at RC,maybe that's why the team is up for sale :lol: .I wonder what home game will generate more revenue,playing out East or playing in the center of the universe.

Very proud of our league. However it would have been better if Mr. Cohon had been able to present the two teams participating.
Grateful to the Argos owners. Thank you. Maybe one day we will have owners like yourselves down East.

I'm sure the Argo owners are being well-compensated for giving up the home game.

If they play the Riders, I think a road trip might be in order....assuming it's lobster season in Moncton in September.

Count me in :slight_smile:

Make no mistake you will get Maritimers from NB, NS and PEI attending that game. I would not be surprised if a few Newfoundlanders make it over as well. I would love to be there, does anyone know the date for the game? I have family in Halifax, Charlottetown and all along the south shore of Nova Scotia. It should be a great experience for the East coast!

Make no mistake you will get Maritimers from NB, NS and PEI attending that game. I would not be surprised if a few Newfoundlanders make it over as well. I would love to be there, does anyone know the date for the game? I have family in Halifax, Charlottetown and all along the south shore of Nova Scotia. It should be a great experience for the East coast!