Hills. Where The Bejeebers Did He Come From?

This guy is Chuck Muncie reincarnated. Big tall bruising... runs upright and has some explosion. He preserved the game for them imo with his stellar where did this guy come from dissection of Winnipeg D who sold out to the pass. Now, teams have to respect the run. If this guy plays against the Als, and Evans shows up (congrats to him on his bounce back) they beat them easily.

3 Likes

[quote="Katmandu, post:1, topic:81014"]
...This guy is Chuck Muncie reincarnated. Big tall bruising... runs upright and has some explosion. He preserved the game for them imo with his stellar where did this guy come from dissection of Winnipeg D who sold out to the pass. Now, teams have to respect the run. If this guy plays against the Als, and Evans shows up (congrats to him on his bounce back) they beat them easily.
[/quote

It's amazing the finds teams make on the practice roster at times.

1 Like

Hills was with the team in 2021 as well but got injured early in the season on a special teams play (I think Kalinic actually took his knee out inadvertently during a punt return). Always thought he was promising in preseason games but doesn’t have a ton of speed or shifty moves. Just a good old hard- nosed North- south type of guy. Probably helped that he was fresh at this time of year. Did see him go out earlier in the fourth but came back in later. Hope he’s a go for Friday.

5 Likes

Never mind Hills. Any running back with two limbs would've looked good in THAT offense. Where did this 'Dane Evans' fellow that we saw last night come from?! The guy we were SUPPOSED to face was a broken shell of a man who was one off season away from getting the heave-ho. We were totally mislead. On top of that you guys unexpectedly fielded the best offensive line we've seen in Hamilton since last year's Championship Game... it was Pearl Harbour all over again. We're STILL picking the schrapnel out of Jeffcoat's butt.

You're not planning on unleashing the Kraken again next week in Montreal are you? Should I start getting my hopes up for a Cup Rematch?!!

6 Likes

Were I also noticed Hills was on his blocking assignments.
He did not wait around to get in a guys way.

Hills identified his target and smashed them. Filled them in on a number of occasions.
His presence was felt.

8 Likes

No, dude. He can cut through a line like a hot knife through butter and not leave you in 2nd and long. My fatigue factor was growing with lack of movement on 1st downs. He's almost like a Jessie Lumsden in the way he runs.

6 Likes

A guy who can cut through a line like a hot knife through butter is good to have. If we face your Cats again this year we'll have to field our alternate defensive front four which is equipped with linemen that have a higher melting point.

3 Likes

I thought I read somewhere that he once played for Buffalo Bills.
I will check Google.

A TiCat comparable for Hills just might be Gerry McDougall 6' 2 " 220 . Hills was on the practice roster last year .

1 Like

Hi Pat. McDougall was my boyhood hero. When playing schoolyard football, I used to pretend I was him. But, I think he was taller than 6”, and weighed less than 2 200 pounds! :blush:

I watched Hills with keen interest because I really enjoy when a team employs a punishing running attack. All your points are bang on about Hills style of a running.

One other thing that really impressed me was his pass blocking. A couple of times a Bomber burst right through our O-Line and Hills picked it up and stood his ground. He's almost like having an extra O-Lineman out there and definitely helped with giving Dane an extra second or two in the pocket.

3 Likes

I don't think your interior D-Line is so "hot" anymore. You guys lost "The Stove" to the BC Lions in Free Agency. :wink:

2 Likes

My bad . I can't wear my glasses for now . Here's a good source . Pro Football Archives 95 Gerry McDougall HB 6-2 225 24 Long Beach CC;UCLA

• Big Gerry played as a Canadian .
1 Like

Hills is not a dancer . He's a slasher . One cut and go ! By running between the tackles the Cats kept Adam Bighill from his excellent pass coverage . He had to respect the run first .

3 Likes

Reminded me of Troy Davis with his blocking. Troy LOVED hitting people...

These solid muscle 300 lb interior Stoves are hard to come by. I think it's supply chain issues.

We lost our previous Stove to the BC Lions but unbeknownst to us his warranty had expired, and due to manufacturing limitations the Lions couldn't readily source the part they needed (an achilles). In the offseason we plan to sneakily reaquire him... once he's fully repaired and checked out by our licensed technicians.

1 Like

I was going to personally buy the Cats some Easy Off if they brought in The Stove during this years Free Agency. I think they did pretty good though with Micah Johnson. He's at the very least a 4-Burner Broil King although I'm not sure how much propane is left in the tank. :smile:

2 Likes