Hi All!........I have a good idea I think.....

Your constant and undying concern for Lancaster is touching.As usual we can always count on you to defend and rally around him when the chips are down. :roll:

when the chips are down
What chips are down Zontar? One person on an internet board (you) who has an issue with it does not constitute chips being down.

My thought exactly, Zontar. Someone suggested Mr. Lancaster organize/attend a team-sponsored meet and greet in a city park. Seems like a pretty reasonable request of a Community Ambassador. No one (except you) suggested Ron wear clown shoes and paint his face.

Your concern for Ron’s dignity is laudible, but you might save it for one of those occassions when it is actually under attack.

You completely missed the point.Making him a co-mascot to TC IS undignified and an “attack” upon anyone of his stature.Remember this when your boss tries to give you a comparatively similar low-level task.

Who's asking him to be a mascot. This is tag you have placed on him. It was simply suggested that the Community Ambassador organize and/or participate in a community event. No one is asking him to dance and jump around or don a costume.

You make it sound like Mr Lancaster is too good for the common fan. That the fans are lowlifes who dont deserve to be in his presence. Having met him on a few occasions, I dont get that from the man himself.

Being a community amabassador should mean spending time with all facets of the community, not just the business community...otherwise the title would reflect something of that nature.

Are you advocating that as soon as you buy a ticket that the team shouldn't have anything to do with you? If I'm not mistaken, wasnt that how past ownership groups operated here..and look where that led us.

Read. [b][1]

1. /b ↩︎

I did. I also read the below as well.

Of course Lancaster is still popular which is why the team should use that in more formal and lucrative functions instead of having him stand around at a picnic of kids and parents who are already fans and already,presumably, buy tickets
If he should be used solely for business purposes, shouldn't the title be more appropriate to that role?

From the announcement…

[url=http://www.ticats.ca/index.php?module=newser&func=display&topicnum=&nid=14996&writer=0]http://www.ticats.ca/index.php?module=n ... 6&writer=0[/url]
In his new role, Lancaster will contribute to many aspects of the organization including, [b]community relations[/b], broadcast, the Ticats interactive community and [b]corporate partnerships[/b].

“Hamilton is a great community with incredible football fans that have always supported me during my years here,” said Lancaster. “I enjoy living and working in Hamilton and after being on the other side of the organization for so many years, I look forward to becoming more involved with the Hamilton community.”

Sounds to me like his role encompasses both aspects of Community Relations (or why make the distinction in the release). It also appears he seems like spending time with fans…