hey tsn, BEAT IT!!

i didnt like this at all start watching at 2:18:30..

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=cfl-gamesondemand/latest/1/0/135954/video/570#cfl-gamesondemand/latest

Last play of the game and there listening in to exactly what play is being called, i know every team has different playbooks and names for everything and it probably wasnt even enough time for it to be of any use to the argos if they could tell what it meant and had someone watching it live but i just really got angry seeing it and i hated that Dunigan and the weird neck-chin obvious argo fan announcer kept nice and quiet for the actual playcall itself.. I dont know if its illegal or just what they're doing to get fans inside the huddle more but if i were Coach i'd have something to say about this. It shouldnt happen!!

there certainly was enough time. When the replay for the Inman TD was shown on TSN you could immediately see Scott Millanovich turn to Barker and say "Its inconclusive" - and after the game Dunigan said he recognized the play call from dealing with Kent Austin in the past.
Its completely unacceptable that TSN did that and in the NFL something like that would never happen.
Win or lose we really should be making a big deal of this. It essentially let the entire country into our huddle. Its flat out wrong.

Exactly, i didnt know what Gator or the other stuff meant but i knew one thing was gonna happen, the play was going to the right. That alone would be some help.

23:00 - clip wont play, in fact wont even load. Must be some guilt.

For the game randork and the crew so thoroughly ticked me off that I never turned the audio back on. That fiasco should be covered by an apology from Toronto's Stupid Network.

I know the signals the refs give, and 900 fills in the details re injuries etc. so who needs their biased audio

I was pretty annoyed at that as well - check my comment on the game thread about it. I don't know how much of a delay there is on the broadcast, but even seven seconds might still be quick enough to relay the info down to the coaches and then to the players. Not sure if that clip can be used by other teams now or not, being able to match the call to the play.

Bad form, TSN.

You know what, I agree. TSN has no business broadcasting play calls. While I doubt this was enough time to relay information to the coaches and certainly not enough time for them to relay it to the defence. If the Argos had immediately called a timeout though, it would have been and entirely different ballgame.

Either way, I hope the league speaks to TSN about this.

8) I believe it was the second to last play that you are referring to here.
   The play called was "backside gator" and a particular number also.  The play worked to perfection as Gable was wide 
    open on the right side, but he dropped the ball, on what was a certain game winning touchdown !!

As far as that camera being right beside Austin as he relayed the play to Burris, was completely unacceptable !!
      The Cats should definitely file  a complaint with the league regarding this kind of bush league TV coverage.  <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

It is up to Austin to make sure something like this never happens again.

I highly doubt the Argos coaches are listening to TSN, there is a lot going on in the booth and not a lot of time to deal with the pressure of the 20 second time clock to get the play in, there also would be no time with the tape delay, but you never know the Argos are a very tricky group of individuals !! But your right, they should not be broadcasting the play call, now teams know what that play is when scouting the Ticats !

[b]Tipper wrote: I believe it was the second to last play that you are referring to here.

The play called was "backside gator" and a particular number also. The play worked to perfection as Gable was wide
open on the right side, but he dropped the ball, on what was a certain game winning touchdown !!

As far as that camera being right beside Austin as he relayed the play to Burris, was completely unacceptable !!
The Cats should definitely file a complaint with the league regarding this kind of bush league TV coverage.

It is up to Austin to make sure something like this never happens again.[/b]

It doesn't appear that Austin was aware of the camera intrusion as he was fully engrossed in the play call with Burris.
Yes, a complaint should be filed by the club as this could seriously compromise the integrity of the game.

In my opinion Austin could have easily told the tv camera to back off but I think he knew there wasn't enough time for anyone to relay the play call to the Argos and then interpret what it meant, and then relay that info to the defense. I agree the league should look into the proximity of tv cameras near the benches on critical callxs.

Agree, no question there is a big difference between getting close to the action and that and doing interviews between plays maybe but this is a bit too much and needs to be reviewed asap.

TSN is lousy at calling games and yes I agree bad call on Dunigan to open up the play live and get too involved with the play book of Hamilton. Am I surprised though Not at all, the guys are all ex-Argo's Schultz, Dunigan, Climie trade the bunch get some new guys in place and new commentators to replace Black and others, the only one I like on CFL on TSN are Brian Williams and Duane Forde the rest get rid of them!!!!

:thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - tv cameras/mikes should not be allowed within 20 feet of a line from the end of the benches out to the sideline. All you get are dumb questions "how'd it feel when you dropped the INT?",; and the insipid "duh hi mom" type replies. Or even the uncomfortable far away stare. IMO cameras and operators interfere with the work area of the players and coaches.

Maybe they should have a designated 'interview area' so that if a player doesn't want to talk he doesn't have a camera in his face anyway. Or, guys could follow Stala's option, and tell kiddy jokes (I appreciated them too)

There isn’t enough time. I sat in the press box at Ivor Wynne for a game last year and there was a TV in there. When the play happens, the TV still shows them in the huddle. Not sure how many seconds the delay is, but it’s more than enough for no advantage to be gained.

Hi Blogskee:

Good to hear from you.

Sad to hear that you closed your blog. I enjoyed going there to read your comments.

Glad that your voice of knowledge and reason will continue here.

Good to know. Thanks.

And as for helping teams in the future, given the fact that Dunnigan understood the play call from his previous experience with Austin, I suspect hearing the call and being able to see the play unfold will only be new information for us fans. Maybe not so bad after all.

I understand TSN's intention of attempting to get the viewer as close as possible to the game. However, it must be distracting having a camera with that much proximity to the huddle for the players and the coaches.

I fear one of these days it may pose a problem and be responsible.

I think that the league needs to have a talk with them.

I'm not so sure about that. I believe you are right about your experience in the press box however, that is your experience in one spot. I see people in the stands at televised sporting events all the time on their phones and waving at the cameras. Unless there is a specific and intentional delay in the coverage the broadcast is almost instantaneous. It would be dangerous for teams to assume that there is no danger in TV cameras in the huddle. It's too easy to steal signs and play call lingo.

Well, I can only speak to my experience and that is what I observed. There was a significant delay, probably around 7-to-10 seconds, between the action on the field and what was shown on TV.