He's Baaaaack!

20 carries for 135 yards.
3 receptions for 29 yards.
Tremendous blocking for Zach.
Completely opens up another whole side of the offence.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, our stud running back C.J. Gable is back and the offence is purring. :thup: :rockin:

Look out TiCat opponents - we're comin' to kick yer asses in all three phases of the game.

See you at Tim Hortons Field on Monday!

With Gable back the only thing this team needs to adjust is discipline when it comes to penalties.

And when Tasker comes back...

CJ dishes out alot of hurt.
Mowing down little green men like they were blades of grass.
I don't think we've ever had a better RB.

I watched a lot of Troy Davis and Jimmy Edwards and Dave Fleming. and a tiny bit of Bethea. None of Custis or McDougall but I’ve read of their exploits.

However, it will be some time before Gable approaches these names.

IMO you forgot Ronald Williams who was better than Troy.

And both Williams and Davis should be on the wall of honour at THF. :thup:

I guess this is one of those length of time with the team things.
Great player but only 3 with the 'Cats and we, and then the Esks, dropped him for being disruptive. We each keep our own checklist, I imagine.

Here's a link to a story from the day he was released by Lancaster.

[url=http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/tiger-cats-release-williams-1.271475]http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/tiger-cat ... s-1.271475[/url]

Perhaps once again it's time to post the all-time Ticat roster fashioned by one of the original posters on the original iteration of this fan board. Zuger9 led the charge. Those of us who remember his keen insight into the game still miss him.

Rats... here's the link for yourselves. Don't know HOW to include the right 1/3.

[url=http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_HaoJXGM0WGY/TMZoKseQouI/AAAAAAAAAGQ/KyP6kHdrrVU/s1600/zuger9+All-time+Ticat+Depth+Chart.jpg]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_HaoJXGM0WGY/T ... +Chart.jpg[/url]

I guess that shows we tend to view the past with rose coloured glasses - especially about the Ticats and Ticat players.

:?

We will see ,durability the rest of the season ? Hopefully the injury bug is gone , we don't want another Jesse Lumsden :thup: :thdn: ???$$$

C.J. first game back against Regina and he puts up 135 rushing yards alone, if he can keep that pace or better he’ll be in the 1,500 yard plus club for sure in the CFL and potential to take the rushing title.

No doubt he brings so much more to the Ti-Cat offence, like pass catching, blocking etc but just watching this guy explode through the line and cut on a dime is fun to watch and hard to stop.

GO CATS GO!!!

Bold prediction: CJ will not maintain that pace. I'd be happy with half that many yards per game, which would still get him to 1,000 even in his shortened season.

Interesting trivia: 5 weeks into the season, after playing one game, CJ is among the CFL's top 10 in rushing yards.

Even better than Derrick McAdoo? :wink:

Troy Davis was the last back to really impress me. Quiet, hard working guy who gave his best on every play.

I wonder what he and so many of the CFL’s talented retired players are doing with their lives right now…

We cheer them on for a handful of seasons and then they are gone and most we never hear from again.

Really glad to see so many of our former players making it out for the home opener.

When former Cat Jimmy Edwards was asked how he ran so fast out of the backfield he just smiled and said that he was terrified of getting pummeled. I guess that's good enough motivation for any slim, fast and small RB.

CJ is the CFL,s BEAST MODE never mind the running watch the cutting witch guys on this board say he cant do and when you see a LB come around untouched towards Zack and gets the Tunnel Vision in that #4 BOOM Stick Blocked by #32 Nuff said :slight_smile:

:thup: :thup:

That’s what I don’t like about former Allstar players of the CFL they get very little Respect from former clubs or the CFL , if you even get a Nod from a club and get an official retirement your a lucky player , for example guys like Stala might never get recognition for all they have done for Club and the extra they did for charities and community work, Stalla is one player when he goes hang it up deserves respect and some recognition for his play on and off the field. Look at guys like AB3 cast aside like trash on the street , the CFL is worse than the NFL for some respect for players who hang it up and get what a cheap pension probably for pennies

Even with professional athletes, fear is such a great motivator.