Here's Your $5,000 Fine - - Thanks For The Other $495,000

Great week for the Argos - - collect $500,000 from the CFL and then use $5,000 of it to pay the fine for hiring Chris Jones away from Calgary. Just need to fill out the coaching staff with a couple more raids and then Toronto can get started on free agency.

Andy Fantuz, Greg Carr - - if you’re loking for a place to live in Toronto, I’m a realtor and would be happy to start showing you some properties in the downtown core next week. PM me with your schedules and I’ll start getting some appointments lined up for you both.

Obviously you have a reading comprehension problem when it comes to undestanding what the money from the League is for and how it will be allocated. :roll:

why did the league give the Argos 500,000?

for being in the red?

They gave the same amount to the TiCats. For marketing and promotion.

thanks once again Picat.
My head is obviously buried in the sand. :expressionless:

Now is this financial dispersement exclusively for the Argos and TiCats?

If so, this doesn't seem impartial to the rest of the owners..

From Postmedia:

Cohon said the Toronto market, along with Hamilton, needs help and the CFL’s board of governors has approved a $1-million cash infusion to be split evenly by the Argonauts and Tiger-Cats. The money will be used to grow the game at the grassroots level in southern Ontario.
[url]http://www.canada.com/entertainment/commits+Argos+Ticats/5768536/story.html[/url]

Cohon said in another article that the League will be monitoring and approving all expenditures made. As well it's been reported that the Argos and Ticats are the only two teams who did not break-even or make money so the League, with the approval of the Board of Governors, is making this money available.

How is it not impartial? It's not revenue that can be used by either the Argos or Ticats for football operations. It's strictly for marketing the teams to get more fans in the stadiums.

Well, it's better than doing nothing, even if it doesn't make much of a difference, but good on the league for trying.

I don't see how anyone can complain about this seeing as how bad both of these teams are doing. Is football really hurting in the West? Not really. Hamilton and Toronto are the areas that need help.

But the $5,000 fine is pretty sad... I think tampering should come with a heavier fine than a measly $5,000.

Cohon said in another article that the League will be monitoring and approving all expenditures made. As well it's been reported that the Argos and Ticats are the only two teams who did not break-even or make money so the League, with the approval of the Board of Governors, is making this money available.

How is it not impartial? It's not revenue that can be used by either the Argos or Ticats for football operations. It's strictly for marketing the teams to get more fans in the stadiums.

that's perfectly fine with me, as it will likely benefit the league as a whole and increase the health and stability of the CFL brand.

Now the BoG should contemplate setting up a Stadium Fund to aid prospective CFL cities achieve stadium objectives. :thup:

I actually thought Hamilton broke even this year, although I gather not.. :?

I agree. It seems like the bad publicity for being fined $5,000 is worse than the $5,0000 fine itself.