Here we go again...

Changing coaches before the season even starts, signed a 3rd string QB and just signed two no-name import receivers... one of which played for something like 4 different colleges... Must be a good player/teammate.

Ticats 2007... 1-17

Huh?.....we'll be 1-17 because we made a coaching agjustment when,(as I look out the window) we have 2 feet of snow still on the ground and 4 foot snowbanks.....with much more winter to come.....?

....yup, I see the need for panic for sure.... :roll:

(insert sarcasm emoticon here) :wink:

Hamilton will be like Missouri this season: the "Show Me" state!

How the team comes out of the gate for the first few games will determine a lot of things about the season (things like attendance).

Mikey, the coaching change alone doesn’t make me believe that the team is going to be bad. It’s just one of the factors. The season hasn’t started but c’mon… it’s not looking promising. Basically… look at last years team and then do the math…

• New Head Coach.
  • New GM.
  • No significany player signings.
  • Our quality free agents have signed with other teams or have been released.
  • Other teams in the league have made themself better (at least on paper… I know the game isn’t played on paper)

On paper we don't look like a very good team but I'll reserve judgement until TC. Last year we looked great, on paper, and then tanked.

I disagree with the 1-17 part, but I'm sure not expecting much this year. For a lot of the same reasons you posted Rusty.

I'm getting real tired of this starting from scratch garbage. I understand we need it, but with each move, I'm already hearing it from guys at work. Since the Oilers are not going to make the playoffs they are starting to talk football.

[quote="Rusty25"]Mikey, the coaching change alone doesn't make me believe that the team is going to be bad. quote]

Frankly based upon the ignorant words you used to start this thread, I can't imagine that anyone cares what you beleive. Since you've alreay thrown in the towel, you might as well find something else to do with your time.

sorry who?

OWNAGE! :stuck_out_tongue:

So because you have never heard of them means that they are no good.

Every good player in the CFL was a 'no-namer' when coming in.

I remember this guy named Ricky -- A big name -- and he didnt do to much.

Last year, we made a lot of big signings. Had returning coaches and management, too. And this forum was abuzz with optimism. The season showed just how much we know.
The Cats were 4-14. Change gotta come.

Last year, we made a lot of big signings. Had returning coaches and management, too. And this forum was abuzz with optimism. The season showed just how much we know.
After last year's debacle, "change gotta come."

:thup: Its all goooood in the hammer,lets hope that our starting qb can still get it done? we have NO star studded receivers because of penny pinching and yes we just lost a coach because he is 79 and can't get the job done kudos to our new top dog GM :rockin:

Someone sees what I'm talking about.

Does anyone remember our starting QB that couldn't throw a pass further than 20 yards? And on 2 and long he'd dump the ball off to a receiver that was about 8 yard short of the first down marker... and double covered?

to Rusty25
in response to your topic/reply

HUH!!??. :?

What don't you understand?

I said "here we go again" in reference to another losing season looming before us.

Relax...lot's can,:wink: and will happen between now and opening day. These guys know what they are doing and will put a much better effort out than what we've seen for the last couple of years.

Sit back....and enjoy the ride. 8)

I'm glad to see so many people being optomistic about the upcoming season, however, don't you feel that your blind optimism is a bit unwarranted?

We've got an empty tool box as far as on-field personel is concerned.

I love the Ticats and will cheer just as hard for a 1-17 as I would a 17-1 team... but lets be prepared for a bad Bad BAD team... and if we're wrong about them being BAd... AWESOME!

Yes, I remember the past. Now that he's had sholder surgery, hopefully his throwing will be back the way we've seen before.

And on 2 and long he'd dump the ball off to a receiver that was about 8 yard short of the first down marker... and double covered?
New plays, and new systems with our new coaches and new receivers should solve that. But we'll see.

Changes have been made.

It is not blind optimism. Blind optimism would be saying that we are defiantley going to do very well.

In fact, it is you that is exhibiting blind pessimism by saying that we will be 1-17.

I think "Here we go again" is more apt for the attitude of certain dire predictions.

Let's just wait and see. That's neither optimistic nor pessimistic. I'm hopeful.