Here is how I see em today (ranking)

i really wanna see how Winnipeg can go from barely beating toronto to being the best team around in a couple weeks.
I still think Winnipeg are at ground level

I won't be surprised if they lose to the argos on saturday

i really wanna see how Winnipeg can go from barely beating toronto to being the best team around in a couple weeks.
Man, where have you been for the last 2.5 months. Wpg hasn't played TO since Week 2 and 4.

lol 8-3… we have as many wins now as toronto can hope for really the rest of the year… way i see it, argos might not even win another game.

8-3. beat them argos twice there too.

whats with fans of ontario teams?

we played toronto twice… beat em both times.
played hamilton twice… beat em both times.

why so delushional ontario fans?

so the lions are first cuz they won 4 of their last 6... i dunno.. bombers have won what? they were 7-1 b4 the riders games, now 8-3 two weeks later? sounds like they have won 4 of their last 6 too.. maybe 5 of last 7 even..

who were those 2 loss's the lions had too? winnipeg and ??? winnipeg??? i think so.

bombers at 8-3 first regardless of how you look at it.

Interesting how you choose to go back 6 games. If you choose to go back 4 games instead, BC is 4-0 and Winnipeg is 2-2. I seem to recall something about being schooled a couple of times by some team in green.

It's pretty clear who the hottest team in the league is right now, and the results of week 1 don't factor into that.

Be easy on him, tridus. You might confuse him…

We'll give you your 1 week at the top, but after Bc loses to the Riders this weekend and WPG wins, I think we take our rightful spot at the top again - and the universe will be in balance.

But wouldn’t that put the Riders at the top spot?? I mean after demolishing Wpg 2 weeks in arow, and then the win against BC (that you are predicting), shouldnt that mean the Riders would be tops in the ranking? :wink:

Any given Sunday guys, especially in the CFL where parity is the norm.

That being said, here's how I see it.

Winnipeg will continue to play beyond their abilities and then choke in the playoffs against or Montreal or Hamilton
The Stamps or Esks are making it to the cup, which one is too close to call.
One will rise and another will fall between BC and Saskatchewan
and the Argos will still suck.

I’d put Sask second 8)

If they continue to win, how is that playing beyond their abilities? They may very well have a bad playoff game and choke (this is a young team), but they are not playing beyond their abilities. If anything they are playing below - before the bye they were absolutely dominating teams. Now they are just making it more fair for everyone. :smiley:

Winnipeg did NOT dominate teams early in the season. They were winning squeakers that could have gone either way. They are just now starting to lose those kinds of games. Truth is, the Bombers are no better than last year's edition.

They were a much better team than their dismal record showed them. A .500 record was probably more deserving than their 4-14 showing. This year, the Bombers are basically the same in terms of talent, but instead of losing "heartbreakers" they are winning them. In the end, they will probably fizzle, but nobody really knows.

You have a very short memory if you think WPG’s wins were all squeakers. Maybe the last month or so, but during July and most of August the Bombers were the best team in the league and it wasn’t even close. The defence was playing downright amazing and they DID dominate those games.
And what squeakers are we just starting to lose? The 2 blowouts by the Riders? Ya, those could have gone either way… :roll:
I agree that they were a better team then their record indicated last year, but they are far from a 500 team this year. Even if they do have most of the same players, having Burke has made a HUGE difference, and you completley underestimate what a year of growth on a young team means. Wait till next year. :cowboy:

Game 1: Bombers beat Hamilton 24-16. They were dominated and badly outplayed by the Tiger-Cats in the first half. Hamilton didn't show up in the second half and allowed Winnipeg to win by accident. Be honest, it was an ugly win for the Bombers.

Game 2: Bombers beat the Argos 22-16. Come on, Winnipeg beats the pathetic Argos by a less than a touchdown and you think they are dominating!?

I don't need to go on, but it is you who needs to refresh their memory. The only game they were dominant in was the game against B.C. in mid August.

After that, they won a squeaker in Hamilton (in a game that many would argue the Tiger-Cats dominated and should have won) and then proceeded to get blown out by Saskatchewan 2 weeks in a row.

Last week, they won another squeaker against Montreal.

Let's be real. At team that has only scored 15 more points than it has allowed after 11 games is LUCKY to have an 8-3 record.

Last year the Bombers only allowed 21 more points than they scored after 18 games and they finished 4-14.

You may not like what I am saying, but it is pretty hard to argue against it. The Bombers are a .500 team. Luck (or unluckiness) often determines a team's record. Only time will tell what their ultimate fate will be.

I agree, BB have not dominated this year. Winning games is not dominating. Winning every game by 21 points is dominating.

Yup. Winnipeg has a few big wins, and plenty of close wins. They have not dominated. But they are 8-3, and of course, dominating and winning are equivalent in every way that actually matters.

Where mrbean’s school of thought is completely wrong is that you have to dominate to be good. Those games are easy and often times are more the result of the other team not playing to their potential. EVERY TEAM IN THIS LEAGUE IS GOOD at least to a certain extent. If you take the best team in the CFL and the worst team in the CFL and both teams play their best game, the game is probably going to be decided by 7-10 points at most.

“Dominating” games gives you easy wins. Anyone in the game of football will tell you the mark of a good team is winning close games.

And mrbean…

You may not like what I am saying, but it is pretty hard to argue against it. The Bombers are a .500 team.
HARD to argue against it? There aren't many things EASIER to argue than that statement right there. Regardless of your stance on their wins, the Bombers are five games above .500, which makes them not a .500 team, whether you like it or not. The numbers are what they are.

The Bombers are an 8-3 team, owning the best record in the league. You can argue ifs and buts all you want, but you don't get an 8-3 record without being good. Dominant? No, Winnipeg isn't dominant, but who is, this year? Every single team has taken turns looking awful over the course of the season thus far.

Good post.Good teams win the close games,it’s what makes them good.You don’t win football games by accident you win them by making plays.

Funny thing is, the knock on the Bombers last year was that they couldn't win the close games. This year, they are winning the close games, they're on top of the league, and people are still ragging. I was a skeptic early on in the season, but I've been impressed with their play, and with Pierce's ability to stay healthy. Have to say I didn't think he'd make it this far.

I never said they were dominate all year, but they had a good strech where they were. Most fans, including many from opposition teams were saying that this was a defence that was as good as they have ever seen. They were giving up little yardage and creating sacks and turnovers at a record pace. How is that not dominating?

And Mr. Bean your post is very confusing.....first you say Hamilton was dominating the Bombers in game 1, while outscoring them 16-9 in the first half, but the Bombers were lucky to outscore the cats 15-0 in the second half - and we can't call that dominating? What a joke. What's with these Hamilton fans? Man to they have something against the Bombers success this year. I guess I can understand - it was suppossed to be them challenging Montreal for the division.

It was you who said all their wins have been squeakers which is obviously wrong and foolish. Yes they only have a +15 point differential, but that is due to getting their butts whooped by Sask in 2 games where they went -42. I am not going to say that the Bombers have been dominate the past month, because that would make me look as foolish as you and your other Ti-cat fans who want to call the Bombers a .500 team.