Here is an answer to many people's questions?

I have not seen it mentioned much on this forum, but the other forum the following questions are flying around like crazy.

1. Why don't the Bomber's bring back Doggett?
  2. Why don't the Bomber's pick up recently released Will poole?

Here is my answer, we are fine at DB with Jerry-Ralph Jules on the PR, Clint Kent will be ready to play soon and we have Stewart and Suber ready to step in at DB, we also have Brady Browne. I like the depth we already have, I think Stewart is ready to step up, Suber is ready to play DB, Kent and Jules are no sloutches and Brady Browne, well i am still wondering if he will ever start at DB or just be a ST player!!

I don't see any teams jumping at Doggett and Will Poole may be a veteren and pretty good player, but his price tag is pretty hefty!!! Unless our DB'S break down in consecutive games, we will pass on bringing in someone else.

Stewart should start if healthy
Suber will be 2ND in line
Kent will start when healthy
Jules is on the PR, but should be ready if called upon
Brady browne is still a ST player and nothing more.

If worse comes to worse the DB spot can alway's be filled easily through the hundreds of Veteren free agents that can play DB or a simple trade away!!!

If by chance (very long shot) Hefney is released by Detroit, we will have him back in a flash!!

My point is the season has not even started and people on the other forum are already panicking about the DB'S available, Poole is too pricey and why bring Doggett back when we have a full roster? I think Kent, Jules, Stewart and Suber are more than capable and maybe one may just be the diamond in the rough we were looking for just like Hefney in 2009.

The secondary will be fine. we will have two solid corners, one of them exceptional. Brandon Stewart will suprise a lot of people. same with Clint Kent. Alex Suber is like Glue in coverage and will be a solid addition to the back end. and we have one of the best safeties in the League with solid depth behind him.

This crew will be better then the guys in 2007

I don't see any teams jumping at Doggett and Will Poole may be a veteran and pretty good player, but his price tag is pretty hefty!!! Unless our DB'S break down in consecutive games, we will pass on bringing in someone else.
Doggett I don't believe can go elsewhere in the CFL as he's currently in his option year contract with the bombers. Unless they release him I don't believe he can shop his services elsewhere. And I don't see why there is a need to release him at this point, wait and see how the team shakes out in the first few games and the reassess if you need to bring him in. BTW, Doggett I believe is a linebacker. Your post only talks about the DBs. If Bowman struggles as a rookie or there's an injury to Lobendahn or any of the linebackers then Doggett may get a quick call, otherwise, if things go well I would expect he gets released in a month or so.

As for Poole, according to Drew Edwards at the Scratching Post blog, his release was more to do with a family issue. Regardless, same situation. The bombers are set to open the season with what he have and go from there.

The only position I would imagine the team would be looking at is maybe improving the receiver position soon if the dropsies don't go away, and maybe another import Olineman to back up Butler and Douglas, depending on how the feel Carlton Medder looks in practice.