Here Is A Thought ... And The Truth

I personally feel that we are back in the Daley era (god help us) and Berry cannot coach a talented team, Marshall's Defense looks weak at times and Kit Cartwright has been playing the same playbook for 2 years now (we are too predictable) That said, that is where the trouble starts (The Coaches), If this keeps up i can see Berry getting canned.

Taman has done a very good (not great) in bringing in talent, but it seems he is riding the same player's every year, some changes evidently need to happen soon.

I was never a BIG Bauer fan, even when he played.

Let Us look at the obviouse candidates that should be traded:

1. Kevin Glenn and his $250,000/year contract (this would give the team money to play with) BIG problem is who would want him unless you also include the following: OH and pick up Bishop, Maas, Butler somehow.

2. Roberts seems like he is not confident and is getting older by the year, trade him as well for a power back (look at Calgary with Reynolds or BC and Hamilton with Smith and Lumsden)

3. The m&m's are getting up in age and have lost a step, they could not cover no one the first 3 games.

4. Robert Bean (so much for the promise he showed last year) good-bye

5. Throw in a reciever like stoddard as well, maybe even Kerry Johnson (even though he's pretty good as well. I like Franklin, Bryant and Armstrong and i like Edwards (just nees to see more passes)

Give the ti-cats Doug Brown and we'll give you Terry Caulley and a 1st round draft pick next year :slight_smile:

No point in trading anything.

We won't get much of anything in return for those players...

I would trade Brendan Taman for a dozen Footballs.

Never trade when a team is weak you will not get the value out of the player you trade. You trade to make your team better and that would work for both teams. Right now with 4 losses your team does not have the hammer in a trade.

....i have to disagree my son....there's is nothing wrong with the talent on the Winnipeg Blue Bombers (superior to alot of teams) as you will find out tonight....Why would we trade anything to an eastern club...when they don't look anymore impressive than us...We will correct that in time....So drop the trade talk.... jordan 02 ..ain't gonna happen... :lol:

What talent are you talking about there Pappa? Montreal has talent, Toronto has talent, Hamilton has talent but Winnipeg that talent has not shown up. Right about now most teams look and really see nothing in line for a trade from the bombers that would upgrade their respective teams. Need I say more about Taman not recruiting yet again. I will not but right now the bombers are in tough. Losing is hard to break for a team with no confidence.

...What talent??????This team has remained the same as the Cup appearance team....Where were you guys??????Don't ever under-estimate this club cuz they're going through a rough patch....We'll be there :wink:

Agreed Papa, even Rider fans pretty much say that we're the Cup Champs if not for injury... I just look at the fallout mentally from losing a big game. You start slow and get it going.

Roberts is getting old. Trade for BC's back up. New blood is needed. Many teams don't realize this until its to late. You always have to blend in new players into the mis. I'm not a Buono fan, but he does it every year and has great success. Maybe trade Bean. I don't know what happened to him as he looked darn good last year, now he just seems happy to play for his salary.

I agree you have to keep improving your team. It was wrong for Taman to stand pat and it is showing now. Barker has stated it is his job to replace the existing players with better and he has done that. Taman's job is to do the same improve his team.

I HAVE TO LAUGH AT YOUR COMMENT ABOUT T.O, MONT AND HAMILTON HAVING MORE TALENT THAN THE BOMBERS. HOW DO YOU FIGURE? HAMILTON HAS 1 WIN LIKE US, PRINTERS IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE SAVIOR BUT HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT A FAILURE.

THE ONLY TALENT HAMILTON HAS IS MORENO AND LUMSDEN (WHO GETS HURT EVERY YEAR ANYWAY'S)

TORONTO HAS WHO? JOSEPH AND MAYBE BRUCE, WHO ELSE?

MONTREAL HAS CAHOON AND SO FAR CALVILLO (WHO WILL SELF DESTRUCT AS USUAL.

WE HAVE A LOAD OF TALENT AT RECIEVER INCLUDING STEGALL, EDWARDS, ARMSTRONG, BRYANT, FRANKIN AND I DON'T THINK ANY OTHER TEAM HAS A RECIEVING CORE EVEN CLOSE TO OURS.

OUR NEW STARTING QB DINWIDDIE HAS MATURED ALOT AND WIL BE OUR NUMBER ONE FOR AWHILE.

OUR DEFENSE IS OUR WEAKEST LINK AND WE HAVE A TON OF TALENT, JUST NOT THE RIGHT DEFENSIVE COACH.

I no :frowning:

I was only hoping :expressionless:

first of all you can't say maybe bruce obviously Arland Bruce would be considered "Talent". And are you forgetting about Jonathon Brown and Byron Parker and Willie Pile and Kevin Eiben and Kenny Wheaton?

Montreal doesnt have just calvillo and cahoon. they also have the 4th leading rusher in the league, and the 2 leading tacklers.

i MIGHT agree with you if you said that winnipeg has the best recieving core in the league. But to say there is no recieving core even close to yours is just wrong.

the Stamps may argue with you their. Nik Lewis, Jermaine Copeland, Kenyon Rambo, Brett Ralph. (i think i am forgetting someone else as well)

Give the ti-cats Doug Brown and we'll give you Terry Caulley and a 1st round draft pick next year
We don't need your first round pick bacause he sucks bomber ass.

We could have the New England Patriots playing under Doug Berry and we'd still be 1-5.

The only player that makes sense to trade is Charles Roberts. This team made personal and financial sacrifices to make one last run at the Grey Cup.

I say fire Berry, hire Khari Jones to replace him and see what happens. I suspect Roberts is dogging it to get Berry fired. I'd keep him till the end of the season and then trade him if we don't win the Grey Cup this year.
I figure it's 2oo8 or bust.

Good original post blue&gold4ever, hello Papa, it's good to be back; I was busy cutting the lawn.

One and five, time to take stock. This team is in trouble deep.

First, we had expectations of a repeat Grey Cup appearance based upon the presumption that our veterans would ALL play at the same level they did in the first half of last season, and the eastern final in Toronto. I think the key here is that eastern final; it reinforced upon us fans, and the management of the team, that somehow the club was back to where they were in the first half of the season, namely dominant. As it turns out, it was just an illusion, and now it's become a nightmare. I feel it is ONLY Doug Brown from the group of veterans that consistantly plays at the highest level game in and game out. Everyone else is on the decline, more or less, INCLUDING Tom Canada who should only be in his prime now.

Secondly, the O-Line should be renamed to the 'OOPS-Line', they are that bad. When the Argos are rushing only three, and Dinwiddie is that hurried, it is obvious that he would be throwing into a lot of double coverage. To his credit, he took advantage of what the Argo's gave him. With Glenn at the helm, the O-Line would have given up a dozen sacks, and we would still be winless.

Geez, I really want to carry on, I can pret' near write a book about the heap of trouble we have, so I'll pace myself and come back in the near future.

Great to see all your posts again.

Honestly, our OL is a joke right now.

...and leaking oil. 3 regulars missing (Obie Khan came back, but is he 100%?) Having a crappy running game and an injured o-line creates a downward spiral.

Opposing defenses who aren't concerned with the run game go full tilt at the o-line and QB expecting pass, which results in the o-line getting even more beat up. O-lines like to run block b/c they get to go on the attack & smash the D-line; pass blocking means mostly standing your ground and taking hits.

I'd like to see Fred Reid thrown in as a fullback to make room for Roberts and give the O-line less passing downs so they can heal.

At the rate they are going, the o-line will be road kill by Labour Day.