Henoc Maumba Signs With Als

Just about official:

David William Naylor @TSNDaveNaylor
Alouettes have agreed to terms with free agent linebacker Henoc Muamba. Former Indy Colt is taking his medical in Montreal today. #CFL #Als

Merci Sheldon! :thup: :thup:

Pas mal plus crédible en tout cas.

Si ça s'avère encore plus officiellement, c'est une excellente nouvelle! Muamba est un joueur de calibre et il n'a pas été blessé comme Woods l'a été. Il est un joueur national, ce qui donnera de la flexibilité dans le ratio. Les Alouettes avaient un besoin criant pour un joueur comme lui, considérant comment les Roughriders ont couru sur Shortill. Je ne capitule pas en ce qui concerne ce dernier, mais il me semble qu'il a encore des croûtes à manger. Muamba va combler un vide capital.

The question is how long has he signed for. Hopefully more than just a rental till the end of the season.

La confirmation est confirmée.

[url]http://www.rds.ca/football/alouettes/lcf-le-secondeur-henoc-muamba-a-decide-de-se-joindre-aux-alouettes-1.2619334[/url]

Remainder of this year plus 2016 and 2017. Don’t be surprised if Bear Woods is traded out eventually.

After two significant injuries he might not fetch much. But I if Muamba works out I can see Bear leaving (one way or another).

Edem and Woods to Saskatchewan for conditional picks. Something like that.

Great! Best Can/Nat. free agent signing for quite some time. A very good/exceptional and young Canadian player. Thanks to Jim Popp but, most particularly, to Mr. Bob Wetenhall. Given that it will cost the Als at least $1 million and as much as $1.2 millions for players on 6 game injured list, it would have been normal for Mr. Wetenhall to say no. He said yes,because he's always had the best interest of the team and their fans. A great owner!

Will it be for the remainder of 2015 and 2016 ? We don't know. According to Mathieu Boulay of Journal de Montréal it is for 2 years. Does it means remainder of 2015 and 2016? We don't know. Once he passes his physical we should have the confirmation from the Als.

As always, members of the Media will begin speculating/writing on his signing bonus. I don't care to know. I only want him to perform well and help the Als to win games,so that they will be in the 2015 playoffs.

Richard

To me 2 years means balance of 2015 and 2016. He might still have NFL ambitions. Didn`t know he grew up in Montreal North before family moved to Ontario.

Let us enjoy him while he`s here, I never expected him to sign with the Als. Thought it would be Edm. or Ham.

I also give Popp credit for being able to deal with Hardaway after the Ackie holdout.

Signing confirmed by the Als. Two -year deal.

Richard

Its 2015 16 and 17 for 500k 100 bonus+10k a game, 200k, 200k

Although this is a great signing for your team and will further improve the defense, it does not address the crucial QB problem?

Popp can’t ignore opportunities to improve the team until he has proof that he has a star QB.

That is like criticism of politicians for doing something less than urgent on the logic that they didn’t fix a big issue; Few are the jobs where there is one file/issue/case on the plate at a time (most of those are clerical).

I do agree with you,Sheldon; for me two-year deals means the remainder of 2015 and 2016 season.

Which number will he wear? 6 or 47-reminds me of Stefen Reid- or another number?

Richard

There you go arguing through your.... You think Jim gave him 100k signing bonus for a season and four games?

gary lawlessVerified account ?@garylawless 2h2 hours ago
Muamba deal being shopped this week: 100 k signing bonus, 10 k per game rest of season, 200 k in 16 and 200 k in 17 totalling 550 k #cfl

He got you there. :wink:

So if he plays Thursday, he will get 10k X 6 games, plus a 100k bonus? He will make 160 000$ for playing a third of the 2015 season!
It almost makes his 200k salary for 2016 and 2017 look like a steal for management…

Certaines situations se règlent selont les opportunités qui se présentent. Les Alouettes avaient justement besoin d’un secondeur intérieur et voilà que Muamba, dont la valeur comme professionnel est assez connue, se retrouve sur le marché. Est-ce qu’on pourrait blâmer Popp d’avoir travaillé à mettre Muamba sous contrat sous prétexte que la question du quart n’est pas encore réglée? Ce serait un sophisme fallacieux.

Il est vrai que cette mise sous contrat ne règle pas le problème du quart, en supposant que Cato ne se révèle finalement pas à la hauteur. Mais il règle un sérieux problème chez les Alouettes, et donne plus de flexibilité à l’alignement pour le ratio. C’est une excellente décision pour l’équipe. La question du quart demeurera d’actualité, et les bonnes candidatures à ce poste ne sont pas légion. Mais je crois que les Alouettes finiront par trouver un joueur qui fera le travail. Ce n’est pas une science exacte.

Il paraît que Brouillette était prêt à lui laisser le numéro 10.