Helmets

As I mentioned in another post, I LOVE football helmets, always have, probably always will. I think they look great, and are the best way of showing off a logo.

One Christmas (probably over 10 years ago) my parents found a Stamps mini-helmet and gave it to me. I thought this was the greatest thing ever - finally I could get my hands on a football helmet, in a good size, and that meant I could also get more! Since then I've been collecting as many as I could.

Does anyone else do this? With mini-helmets, those micro-helmets, the pocket-sized helmets, or even the full-size helmets?

I have:
Calgary,
Montreal,
Hamilton (from the late 90's, ie, the old logo and a single yellow stripe),
Winnipeg (also the second-to-last one, ie, white W with lightning bolt, and a single blue stripe),
Toronto (also second-to-last, with the warrior logo),
Ottawa Renegades,
Saskatchewan,
Edmonton,
and BC (again, second-to-last, with the silver shell but no stripes).

As well as:
Ottawa Rough Riders (the last one they used, this one:

though when I asked for it, I thought I'd get the gold one),
retro Stamps (red shell, single white stripe, white facemask, white horseshoe logo),
retro Saskatchewan (two white stripes, white facemask, old 'S' logo ... good-looking helmet),
BC's current "throwback" helmet (white, black facemask, black paw logo),
Grey Cup 2000 (black with logo),
Grey Cup 2002 (white with logo),
and the old CFL helmet (white, red facemask, single black stripe, and maple leaf logo).
And I also have a new Seattle Seahawks micro helmet (not as big or as nice as a mini-helmet ... for example, the logo is painted on, it's not a decal).

My want list is pretty extensive. At the top of it is a Baltimore Stallions helmet. I found a website, www.fflpros.com, that makes custom mini-helmets (I figure this is the only way I'll be able to get a Stallions helmet), but they never wrote back to me.
Of course, I want the new Ti-Cats, Bombers, Lions and Argos helmets (in no particular order, though Hamilton is probably first). And my plan is to get a mini-helmet from every Grey Cup I go to 8). Also the new CFL helmet, and any retro helmets I can find ... (an Ottawa helmet with the 'R', retro Als would be really neat, same with a yellow Ti-Cats helmet).
I would also like to make (see the Baltimore problem) a Sacramento Gold Miners helmet, and if I decide to keep at it, I guess I could go after the other American teams (though I'd likely go after a Montreal Concordes version first).

Well, I'm sure this information isn't all THAT exciting to any of you, but hey, I figure if I'm going to brag about my CFL mini-helmet collection, this would be the place to do it .... Anyone else as hooked on these things as I am?

Kev have you been checking Ebay. I have seen these show up from time to time. :lol: They were selling the Las Vegas Posse sign at a sale in LV.

Hey Kev not sure if you are aware of this, but currently Gibsons Whiskey is giving away miny helmets on the top of their 26's. I already got my Rider one.

…………………………………………………. __ . ……………………
……………………………………………….../’: : ,---.„………………… ………………………………………………../|,-‘¯¯(o)_,----,,,_……….. ………………„~*¯¯?,………... ………( (o),,_/ ¯ : o : : :o -, …... ……………../ : · :(“,.~;*’¯¯¯?, (_,-- ``?~,…. : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : …..
………….....| : · :,/,-*~;~··-„,/ (‘ )/· ,….,/` : : :_„„,: : : : : : : : : : : … …………….| : · / ,/`,-- ’`c,---„1 ‹’`--(_ ,/ / : : :,/` · · ): : : : : : : : : : : |… ……………..) : µ’` . (c) `¯ . . ·`), . ,-~`.. : : :| · · '?, : : : : : : : : : : :/… ……………/` ,/_~-, .`;;`„-„,__,./, ```/……. `: : · · · · `*-.,_ : : : : : :,-‘ …. ……………`-/¨;--;~’ `?*-=,=-_`? ,) ,/`……….`› : `, · · · · · · ¯?~---,--`……. …„„………__, · ‘, · . . . `„_,/ ,/;-;_ ……. /` ` | ./ · · · · · · · · „-“………… .( :·`,-~*`¯ · · ·`¯` `~--~*~---~;/`,-~*```*--, `1` / : | · · · ,---~*?`…………… . ·:··:?*~-,,„„____„„,.-~?`¯¯¯¯/ / · · · · · ‘,) , / : :| · · · ·…………………. …`?’~-,„„„„„„,,~‘ . ( · · · ,.
| | · · · ·, „„/ ,/: : / · · · · ·| ………………..
…………………….??? · · ·’~;-,„,,_)?-‘ : : / · · · · · · | ………………..
……… (*?-,„,-?¯¯?-;„· · · · · · , /'``,-~?¯: : : :/ · · · · · · |.……………….. ………. | : :(,;-===-„, ,· · · ,-| · ·/ : : : | :,/ · · · · · · ·| ………………..
……… . : :, · · · · \ · . ·)· / · / : : : :~,
· · · · · ./ …………………
………… ,~.,_„,.-*\, /,/„/ ,/ : : :’;-.„ : ¯-, · · · /,…………………..
…………..,,?| : :-,„_„))’" ·,/_„,~ · · ( · , ,)· ·,-; ’,……………….. ……………..- : : : ~----~* / · · · · · · · · “?~? ·/ ·( _ :)………………
…………. ,.¬-,-- : : : : : : : : / · · · · · · · · · ·,,-“…..’-„,-‘………………. …………..| |: :*: : : : : : : :_/ „____„„„„,---~*……………………………
…………./ / : : : ~-„„„„„,.;;,,.--…………………………………………. …………| | : : : :|¯ : ,/ ¯ …………………………………………………. ………….,,_,„./---~………………………………………………………
………………………………………………………………………………

http://www.cl.psu.edu/images/banner-content.jpg

Hey CK I am also a big time collector, having 21 mini helmets.
In fact, I have created my own US helmets, Shreveport, Birmingham and Memphis.
PM if you want to further discuss.

At last count I have 40 CFL mini helmets. My goal is to get every helmet that has existed in the CFL since the 50's. All told there are about 88-90 that have ever been issued. I'm just about half way there!!!

I have quite a few as well. Here is where I got most of them if anyone is interested:

http://www.joessportsconnection.com/cflmini.htm

That's where I get most of mine as well.

On that website http://www.joessportsconnection.com/cflmini.htm
how big or small, are the mini helmets? I bought one at a sports store here in Ottawa recently and with taxes it was 45 bucks! I guess you can compare the size of my helmet to the size of a mini basketball or a lil bigger than a softball.

CK: Ebay is a good way of finding CFL Mini Helmets, as mentioned before. I also collect mini helmets and have 160 from the various leagues (XFL Complete, USFL 5 left, NFLE, WLAF, NFL, CFL).

Joesportsconnection is also a good source from the US, I've purchased from him in the past he also posts on ebay @ 26.99 US + shipping. He periodically sells helmets @ 24.99 and if you check his website joesportsconnection.com he has sales on CFL Helmets usually @ 19.99. Also I've seen CIS mini Helmets. I know the Ti-cats had all of their helmets (including the current and all the Yellow Shelled Helmets) in their stores. Not sure if they still do.

If you are looking for Custom Helmets try minihelmetscanada.com. He is in Ontario not sure if he is still making helmets but he charges $30.00 CDN.

Good Luck