Hello, hello Bombers fans...

Seriously, the weather had been unbelievable for November, 18 C, everyone was outside, golfing, playing whatever, enjoying the last of it. Things are starting to turn now, snow for Friday & Saturday, high of zero, now that’s football weather. You can bet the buzz about this game is going to start picking up as we get closer to the weekend. Heck, I haven’t even bought my tickets yet, and I getting 6 !

As for the game, Bombers 32 - Machochimos 16 :wink:

.....OH WE'RE HERE CHIEF......just taking everything in stride...waitng for Sat. patiently....weather looks iffy for the game..Positives for the BigBlue would be a healthy club going into this one.....a running game that has finally got into gear...and a kicker who has decided he wants a career in the PEG.....I hope the esks. bring their A game....you're gonna need it...we are going to be trouble ,with a capital T for any team in the playoffs....I would bet the Als. are 'praying' for an esks win right about now heh heh...... :wink: :rockin:bring it on...

We'll bring our A game, don't worry about that. We have the better QB, better RB, better receiving corps, better kicker, and better returner.

You guys have... Well, you guys have field. I guess that's something. :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: And I suppose you guys have better coaching... but that's not saying much considering who we have. :lol:

wow where are the Bomber fans your team is in the playoffs which is pretty sad with that record, and nobody is supporting the team? whats with that? rumour here in Manitoba is people have left the Province in droves and are heading to Regina for some strange reason :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey Rider, your team was in the playoffs with an 8-10 record back in 2002... Just thought you'd want to know that.

Better QB, Kicker, and returner, I’ll concede you that.

Better RB and better receiving corps? I think not.

But major kudos for spelling “corps” correctly!!! :slight_smile:

Man Chief, I’ll give you, better qb and kicker, but how can you say better at the other positions ?

Winnipeg had 3 - 1,000 yard receivers, without Stegall, Reid/Smith is probably the best rb combo in the league, our d-line had more sacks than yours, your o-line is missing two starters (I believe), and the secondary’s are basically a wash. Coaching, you could flip a coin on Danny and Berry but Marshall is head and shoulders above Hughies boy.

I think I just convinced myself the Bombers have the edge in this one. :smiley:

This game could be a good one. If Ricky Ray has time it could be a long day for the Bombers, but if they can get pressure on him and Kevin Glenn is having a good game the Bombers could take it. I hope it's a close one!

... Reid and Smith are going to have a field-day against the esks. poor run defence,,,,,i'll give you the edge in the qb. dept. Chief.....however if Glenn can get hot with a superior receiving corps....you just lost that advantage....the cold and the wind could cancel out the kicking game....that leaves coaching....lets see....Campbell against Marshal...Berry going against Dancin Danny.....hmmmmmmm....i'll take my guys.... :lol: :lol:

I don't know... I'd take AJ Harris and McCarty over Reid and Smith any day of the week. Reid isn't bad, but I'm not a big fan of Smith.

As for the receiving corps... We have Peterson and Campbell leading the pack, with Stamps and Mann backing them up, and Mann really stepped up over the latter half of the season. Even without Tucker, I still like our group.

But as LadyGreen said, it may come down to the battle at the line of scrimmage. I haven't been impressed with our O-Line all season. Far too inconsistent, so that could give you guys an advantage. But we still have Ray, Peterson, and Campbell who are all capable of making big game-changing plays.

No offence to your team, but the only receiver I could think of was Bryant. I had to look up your roster to see the rest. :lol: That being said, you can never count Stegall out. He's also capable of making big plays. But I'd probably still give the edge to Edmonton.

haha, Man Cheif, you have to learn a little more about the Bombers. But don’t worry, you’ll get a crash course on Saturday. Do me a favour though…when we are tossing the esk’s around like little girls please don’t post that “the team didn’t show up” doo doo. At this point of the year, lets just say that the better team won.

Winnipegs economy operates on beer trading and bartering. I got my 4 playoff tickets for 4 burlap sacks of hops and a pound of yeast…

FROM YO MAMA!!

Ohh whattup bring it Eskies!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

cough
Anyways, yah no not too early my good man :smiley:

haha..omg, i was laughing so hard when i heard you say you would rather have harris and who?...MCCARTY? Are you kidding me cheif? Right now i am almost thinking your as bad as a blind rider poll voter.

And you would really rather have your receiving corps than ours? you must be kidding? your qb has out performed ours, and personnally i think your receiving corps are as over-rated as any other in the league. The bombers released Kamau Incompleterson
because he couldnt even catch a ball.

our defense just really is 100 times better than your and good luck with this one... your gonna need it!

Peterson may not have been able to catch a pass in Winnipeg, but look at his two seasons in Edmonton... 80 receptions for 1,068 yards and 7 TDs, and 101 receptions for 1,315 yards and 4 TDs. There's a reason he's the West's nominee for Most Outstanding Canadian.

I'd say his crummy seasons in Winnipeg had more to do with your quarterback(s).

And are you seriously telling me you wouldn't want Kelly Campbell on your team? Now that's funny!

i would like him on the bench… i would rather have Bryant, Edwards, Armstrong, Stegall, and Arjei Franklin…

and the first part was my whole point, i said Incompleterson was horrible, and you just restated my point, because if our receiving core can have 3 1000 yard receivers with a bad quarterback then we must have a pretty amazing one

Ohoh, I think Chief has bitten off more than he could chew on this one. He didn't even try to argue the running backs!

We’re seriously telling you that it would be hard to displace one of Edwards, Bryant, Armstrong or Stegall for Campbell. but ofcourse, once Stegall is gone…
As far as Peterson - I think he is a product of Ray, and the fact there are few other options than him.

If you guys want the underachiever with an attitude problem, he’s all yours. I’ll take Harris over him every time.

As for the person who said he’d bench Campbell over Franklin… Seriously? How many beers have you had? In Campbell’s first season in the CFL he put up 1,200 yards and 7 TDs. Not to mention he could probably run circles around Franklin… But you keep him on the bench. :wink:

Franklins canadian... and ya i would rather have him than Kelly Campbell

and Smith does not have an attitude problem, right now he is one of the fans favorite and he has been great, cheif you should really accept that people are different..

When I first found out about the Roberts trade I was pissed. But, that did not last for long. once I got to see Smith bust through defenders, and reid looking like charlie of old, I quickly became a fan. Underacheiver? Not on this team.

As far as Campbell vs Franklin, ofcourse campbell would be the better choice, but he would still be on the bench, as Franklin often is (the 5th reciever). Like I said it would be hard for him to displace one of the top 4 already here.

I'd like to know though how many beers you've had though to think that Edmonton's backs are even close to WPg's? Now that is just plain silly!