Heading to BC Place!?......

.......off to Vancouver this weekend with my son.....my brother is getting married at the end of this month and his stag is this Saturday....so 'Friday Night Lights' at BC Place is looking very feasible for us right now.....I've got a 76 year old uncle in Van who loves his sports and I'm thinking this is what we're doing on Friday night.......my kid and I'll be the only ones there decked out in Stamps gear, booing both teams playing, joking joking, we'd raspberry Edmonton for sure.......anyone else going?.....

I'm going to the Rogers Centre on Saturday.

Have fun!

Red the bail money is on the way! Have fun!

An early welcome to Van City, Red and White. Enjoy the Edmonton ass kicking.

I would think an Edmonton win would help out Calgary to stay close to 1st place!
Have a safe trip RW!

I would think an Edmonton win would help out Calgary to stay close to 1st place!
Have a safe trip RW!

RedandWhite - I just recently moved to GP but I am flying home on Thur for the Lions' game on Fri. I'm lucky I get to still catch 3/4 of the Lions' home games this season since I am a season's ticket holder. I'll be the one in the Lion's jersey (LOL) at BC Place.

Redand White, you should PM SolarMax on 13thman. He showed me a great time a couple of weeks ago for the Edmonton game.

Eat at DIX down the street from B.C> Place if you get the chance. The pulled pork BBQ was right on.

will do Jack, thanks for the tip...

Do I get this right? You're going there for a stag and you are bringing your son?

Man, my dad would have never gotten my so close to naked strippers showering in beer at such a young age. But that's what makes you so lovable Red. You son will remember this for the ages.

Oh... And have fun at the game too. An Edmonton win could keep your troop near first spot, but an Edmonton loss would, most importantly, keep them far away from the playoffs. Go Lions !

....well, Mrs.RedandWhite is kinda iffy about the whole thing but his Uncle has promised her that he will make sure her little (?!) boy covers his eyes and wears a helmet when the thongs begin to fly......actually thats a very small part of the weekend, there's the Fball game Friday, we're golfing on Saturday (about 20 guys), BBQ'g, poker, bocci, and then some dancers show up for an hour, then it's back to drinking and texas hold'em.......that's a pretty normal weekend for me anyways...

sounds like fun red, dont let those strippers try to blow your whistle.....:slight_smile:

.....no no no, the plastic Sheriff Badge makes me impervious to temptation....

I'll be there with bells & whistles...well, whistles anyway...

:D

Your kid? A stag? You’re the best dad I ever had!!!

Hey Red, the best place to check out the stags is look in the Province Newspaper sports section.

Too bad I will miss you on this trip. Watching in the cozy interior this weekend.

…darn it all Sporty, I was looking forward to swapping recipes…maybe here at McMahon then one day…

…I am currently taking memberships for surrogate heirs…buy-in is set at $25,000 with a yearly fee of only $3,000…equity ownership applies…

....Update: AAACCKK! My sister is bring her boyfriend to the game tonight, and, sorry rw05.....he's a Bomber fan!!!!...this should be fun, a couple of Stamps fans and a BB fan sitting amongst Lions fans......apparently this guy played football a couple of years ago with UofM.....

So, lets hear the dirt.......

....I posted in another thread about the game, pretty cool ending and the fans were great........my sis's new boyfriend turns out was a walk-on player for the Bisons about 6 years ago or so, I didn't want to press him too badly for the details, you know, first time meeting the big brother and I'm grilling him all over, but he said he played tailback and his nickname on the team was 'lumps', on account of him getting lots of them during the season....his first name is Elvis and I'm not giving the last name here.....and he looks like he can still play, a very put-together young man.....

....the rest of the weekend was a blast, the game on Friday, golfing on Saturday, BBQ and lotsa liquids Saturday night, exotic entertainment, came away even at the poker table, made our flight home the next day.....

....I even tried to get some fishing in too piggy, my cousin was primed to get his boat out at about 3:30 Sunday morning (the salmon are apparently infesting the north shore river inlets) but in the end we decided we were just drunk pirates, not safe pirates, so we'll save that for a week Friday when we are back in Vancouver for the wedding......