Head to Head: Who has the edge in the Western Final?

…was the downfall of Maier, so for sure this is going to be a huge test for the young QB, Collaros has the edge there (both home field and experience)…

1 Like

Much like the Conservatives knew JT was going to get in sometime, they just didn't want to see it so soon....NR will have many great playoff games, I just don't want to see it happen yet. I'll steal the campaign strategy :laughing:

Winnipeg is at home and rested so quite obviously they would have the "edge". Anymore brilliant questions disguised as headlines? Go Lions.

There’s no arguing that Winnipeg is again the standard when it comes to CFL. They did dominate the lions in their first meeting and Collaros played his best game of the season. It’s too bad that Rourke got injured before he got to show whether he could play through Defensive coordinators figuring him out. He showed it in the western semifinal and the fact is he was on a pace for 6000 yards before he got hurt. The Lions also run the ball better with him in the line up. I wonder if he ever played in cold weather in Ohio?

Either way this is the sexiest match up, with all due respect to Calgary. It might be worth mentioning that Dickinson was clearly outcoached by Campbell.

2 Likes

Receiver edge to Winnipeg? What world is he living in

1 Like

Winnipeg is the far better team but this is why the games are played.......We'll see what happens Sunday

1 Like

Any Given Sunday!

1 Like

Not sure I see the Winnipeg receivers having the edge over BC….the seasons that Schoen and Rhymes are a wash. Demski is better than Whitehead but Hatcher and Burnham are better than Bailey and Ellingson. If you add in Butler’s 4 receiving touchdowns out of the backfield I think the edge goes to BC

A world with Ellingson, Demski, Schoen, Bailey, and Wolitasky all starting.

3 Likes

Ellingson was the league leader in yards when he got injured. Burnham has the wow factor but Ellingson is just as solid.

3 Likes

I'm giddy about them all being on the field, but they don't really have consistency there do they.
No big star, but who do you focus on?

1 Like

Hahahaha. Check the stats bro

I'll take either... a win is a win.

Stamps a tougher opponent? Bombers beat the Stamps 3/3.

1 Like

Just a guess here... he lives in a world where he watches CFL games and reads stat sheets.

2 Likes

Which stats? Dalton Schoen was the leagues most successful receiver this year, leading in receiving yards and TD receptions. Winnipeg also had the most passing TD’s this year. (44) BC had 3 1,000 yard receivers this year. WPG only had 1. BC’s advantage there. But I point back to touchdowns as arguably a more important stat. Which other stats am I missing?

1 Like

Nice hair though!

If it's one thing about the Bombers, they are hands down a humble team. They take it one game at a time. They tweak from their mistakes of the past. Yes, I see that Bombers came back from a 22-10 deficit in last year's Grey Cup. I didn't see the second half because I had flown from Calgary to Winnipeg on December 12, 2021. I only landed just as the game was going into Overtime. Hamilton had it yes, but they pulled thatBlue Bombers
attitude of the 90's-2000's to 2010's to 2016's of doing a surprise come from behind. If you are the caliber of the Bombers, you get a ahead with a strong cushion but don't get to comfortable with it especially in the mid way point of the 4th quarter. I have seen past Bomber coaching crews do this. Mike O'Shea started out and got Bombers to the West Final in BC in 2016, had a strong cushion of 33-16 going into the 4th but BC eventually found that niche and beat Bombers 34-33 that year. O'Shea has since learned to be more humble. Do we need to remind ourselves what 2019 brought us. I will not guarantee that Bombers will three peat but we will wait and see. This is not a Wally Buono BC. Mr. Campbell has a history of leading an 8-10 Ottawa Redblacks 2016 crew to defeat the mighty 15-2-1 Calgary Stampeders that very year. Nothing is guaranteed in CFL. We'll wait and see. I love my Bombers yet I am thinking realistically here. Fingers are crossed.

1 Like

Yep, BO#20 with the monster game, but then again what do I know.